SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/161109-class-november.html)

lostbutterfly 11-08-2008 09:35 AM

I think, even if we relapse, we need to keep posting on these boards. I notice people tend to disappear when they relapse (ahem - Pixy, Wibble, Timzup to name a few!!)

I'm having a hard time with codeine, but here I am, subjecting you to my ramblings on a regular basis!!! Still need you guys to stay off the drink!

I've realised I've whittled down my bad habits over the years and given up a LOT of stuff. Just one more to go!!

Pixy1 11-08-2008 12:25 PM

LB your right, I dont go anywhere when I relaps I'm still on here but just dont post. Maybe thats where I go wrong. I feel like I'm taking the Pi** when I post and still drink.

Eclipse stick with it, I know how hard this is. Lets make sure we post on this thread daily sober or not?

Least I have followed you since we both joined SR around the same time, your doing so well :Val004:

BF you always seem to be full of life and happy even when you are not, how does that work? lol

TS welcome x

Ananda 11-08-2008 12:41 PM

I know one SR participant who posted drunk alot before she finally got some sobriety! (feel free to pitch in here with your two cents worth...I'm sure you know who you are).

I had some sobriety before i found SR, but i know that I got some sorta hope for sobriety as a part of my life when i attended and participated in aa and outpatient treatemnt..even though i was somewhat drunk at the time.

Just remember that sobriety is a real possiblility in your life

I do believe I do believe bless thou my unbelief!!!!

doorknob 11-08-2008 12:58 PM

Howdy y'all. October 31, close enough? I've never posted drunk, but certainly have read and posted while drinking and/or smoking just enough to keep my anxiety at bay. It often kept me from getting drunk, in fact sometimes I'd let my beer get warm, or load a bowl and forget to hit it, lol.

lostbutterfly 11-08-2008 01:07 PM

Me too. Posted when a little doped up! Then have to frantically check the next morning that I haven't said something I regret.

Pixy, why don't you try AA. It really has helped me so much. You don't have to believe in God, quite a number of atheists at my meetings. Just getting that face to face interaction.

Don't worry if you are still drinking, but don't go to meetings blind drunk. A lot of old-timers in our meetings carried on drinking through their first months/years at AA. But things sink in regardless, lol!

The secretary told us about someone who goes to another meeting: He's been going to AA since the 1960's and has just got 4 months sober now. See - hope for us all!!

Pixy1 11-08-2008 01:50 PM

lol to be honest I never get drunk and def wouldn't post drunk, but like you LB even if I had just 2 wines I would check next morning to make sure I hadn't posted anything daft.

As for AA I have always said it's not for me. I have grown up with the philosophy of that and Alanon. I attended Alateen meetings when I was a teenager. My father was an alcoholic and stopped drinking when I was 10yrs old, my mother drank too and always said she was different to Dad and was not an alcoholic as when she drunk she never caused anyone any harm. She died 2 and a half years ago at 57yrs of a massive stroke (alcohol related)

My Dad died in July of cancer after over 20yrs of sobriety, in the last few months he told me I needed AA, I know he was right. I read his Big Book and lots of other books he left. But he like many others had a moment when something changed and became sober. I am no longer waiting for that moment to come to me, I am searching, reading and opening up a little on sr and hoping I will find my way. I know it will come and I cannot tell you how much each and everyone of you are helping me to get there in your own way.

DK, Yes 31st is close enough

Ananda 11-08-2008 01:55 PM

Pix...I really think seeking the answer is the begining of the road to sobriety. I have had a couple of days since i was 30 days sober where I just whiteknuckled it...not my prefered method, but at least the physical craving didn't kick in. I'll take a few whiteknuckle days if thats what it takes....It's very important to stay alive long enough to get the beniffits of sober life.

Pixy1 11-08-2008 02:02 PM

ananda that is so true.

BreakFree 11-08-2008 02:23 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone! :)

Originally Posted by Pixy1 (Post 1974911)
BF you always seem to be full of life and happy even when you are not, how does that work? lol

pixie...Honestly, I think that's who we all really are (full of life and happy) underneath these dark clouds that seem to be chasing us around! For me, I just think it (a little bit of both) might come out in my writing. Writing is one way that I am able to acknowledge and *feel* my emotions, while stepping outside of myself in order to determine what to do about them. Once the words are on the screen, the "full of life and happy" person seems to take over and immediately looks on the bright side of things, seeking a solution! I sure wish she was on duty all of the time! ;) But honestly, I think we all have it in us and it begins with learning how to allow ourselves to FEEL our emotions, but not be RULED by them. A process that requires much discipline. One that I have only begun to scratch the surface of myself! :)

Pixy1 11-08-2008 02:29 PM

BF, I can feel the emotions I just cant express them lol

Maybe writing is your call in life :wink3:

BreakFree 11-08-2008 02:38 PM

Hey pixie! :) I had to get dinner going while I was writing my last post and missed quite a bit in between. I am so sorry for the loss of your parents at such a young age :( It's a mystery to me that my father is 60 years old and has been a "functional" alcoholic for over 40+ years. He shows NO SIGNS of stopping. He's thrown so much away over the years. It's devastating. I am SO GRATEFUL we are here! That we refuse to follow their footsteps. We can do this! :) (((hugs)))

Pixy1 11-08-2008 02:41 PM

:ghug3 we can and we will!!!!

(just dont know how lol)

Time2Surrender 11-08-2008 02:45 PM

Day one and bored. Its raining and I dont feel like doin much.

TryingSoHard 11-08-2008 02:55 PM

Hello, Novemberites :) How's everyone doing today?

Pixy1 11-08-2008 02:59 PM

It's uncomfortable being yourself isn't it TS?

Day 1 :Dance7: One more than yesterday

Time2Surrender 11-08-2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pixy1 (Post 1975078)
It's uncomfortable being yourself isn't it TS?

Day 1 :Dance7: One more than yesterday

Havent been myself in a while.

Pixy1 11-08-2008 03:03 PM

Hey TSH, it's still a struggle. How are you doing?

Time2Surrender 11-08-2008 06:22 PM

I been sleeping off and on a lot today. Detoxing. I wake up and eat, then come here, then doze off again. The weekend wont be hard. Its Next week when I have cash again that will be tough.

allport 11-09-2008 02:00 AM

I am so enjoying reading everyones posts, last time i went to aa everyone seemed to have so many years sober under their belts that i almost felt they had forgotten those first few horrible days and weeks, dare i say they seemed a bit smug! The things that are posted on these sites are telling me what i need to know. Just the simple things about riding out cravings etc. Thank you all you,ve given me hope that i can redeem my life. x

Time2Surrender 11-09-2008 02:26 AM

Good morning gang. Slept off and on most of the day yesterday. Now its 2:30 AM and Im wide awake. Starting on day 2. :)