SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude Prayer (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/33499-bedtime-gratitude-prayer.html)

Richie 12-26-2005 06:43 AM

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.I had a great one with my family.It is so much better now that I am clean and sober.Friday night my old buddy Carl paid a surprise visit.He had a bag of cocaine with him.I not only declined but told him not to use in my house.He respected my wishes,but did not stay very long.Sure I thought about it a lot all weekend,but I am proud of myself for resisting temptation.I have come too far to turn back now!
Thank you all for being here.Have a great day and God bless you all!

squirrelly77 12-26-2005 08:37 AM

Way to go Richie!!! Isn't amazing how when we're in fit spiritual condition, we're protected from such temptations?

I hope everyone here had a great Christmas too! I was one of the totally insane people shopping at the very, very last minute at Walgreens yesterday! I swear--I was sooo dissapointed in myself. Before I would rather show up empty-handed then be one of THOSE people on Christmas Day. But, it worked out alright. The people there were totally in good moods too...I was really surprised to see that.

Eddie--I finally dragged the stair stepper I have in my apartment from my bedroom in front of the TV and placed some weights beside them. So, now when I just want to sit in front of the TV, I'll be reminded that I could be doing something a little more productive. No more being lazy!

Have a great day y'all!

Danielle

sherbear5104 12-26-2005 10:22 AM

That is wonderful, Eddie. Glad you are doing so well at the job. :)

Way to go Richie. It's great to ba able to say no. :vg

Good plan, Daielle. I plan on doing a lot of excercising in Florida. There is a fitness center, pool and hot tub in the community I will be staying in. :)

My Christmas wasn't that great, but I didn't use. My family is being real mean to me lately. It's nothing new, it just hurts still. So, my gratitude for today is that I have my ticket to Florida and will be out of this miserable state soon. Thank God I have this site and my friends in AA. You are my family. Have a great day.

Sherry

eddie z. 12-26-2005 04:58 PM

Hey, Richie, Danielle, and Sherry!! I feel out of the loop here. Are you moving to Florida, Sherry?

Today I am grateful and proud that the marinade I "invented" for our pork loin roast on Sunday worked out well and that I didn't ruin a $20 piece of meat. I used toasted sesame oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, tamari, minced roasted garlic, and ground pepper. I couldn't tell you how much of each, though. Anyway, it was pretty tasty.

I'm also glad for a good day back from the holiday. I worked out before work this morning and we actually had a slow day for a Monday. And this evening I've been catching up on some of my phone calls and service work for NA. Speaking of which, I need to make some more calls. Have a great night, y'all!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie :brain

Richie 12-28-2005 03:28 PM

I'm grateful that going back to work after my Christmas vacation didn't kill me.Thanks,Elvis(Costello,not Presley). :18:
Hope you are all having a good week.
God bless.

eddie z. 12-28-2005 07:06 PM

Thank you, Richie!!

I am grateful that I got to celebrate my and my husband's three years at my home group last night. It was a good meeting and I got to see lots of people and get lots of hugs, too. I even got some material loot from my sponsor and my husband's sponsor in addition to several cards. It is wonderful to feel loved!

I'm also grateful that I am involved in NA service. We had our monthly Public Information meeting tonight and I took down the minutes and provided minutes from last month as well as the agenda for tonight's meeting. Makes me feel really good about myself to be of service to others.

Love and hugs,

eddie z. 12-29-2005 07:47 PM

I am grateful to be really sore from a serious workout this morning. I haven't felt like this in a LONG time. I hope I can keep it up.

And I am grateful that I actually had a chat here at SR and helped a friend out. It's so much easier to do chat with the new computer/keyboard and high-speed internet.

Beddy-bye time!
Love and hugs,

Richie 12-30-2005 02:17 PM

I grateful that it's Friday.And I haven't spent my bonus yet.I know what I would have spent it on two years ago.Thank God I came to my senses.
Have a great night,everyone.
:bbi: :cad

eddie z. 12-31-2005 01:28 PM

Thank you, Richie! I'm glad you came to your senses, too!

I'm grateful for an amazing year. Let's hope 2006 brings even more miracles!

And I'm grateful my Rachel Sweet CD arrived today. Do you like Rachel Sweet, Richie? I have to put it on the iPod now, so I can listen to it in the car.

Have a fantastic (sober) New Year's Eve, everyone!!

:dae :bbi: :abn:

Love and hugs,
Eddie

sherbear5104 12-31-2005 09:24 PM

Happy New Year everyone :bbe:

Tonight I am grateful that I am here, sober, to see the new year come in. Yes, Eddie, I am moving to Florida. More job opportunities down there, and there's no snow. :dance1: I just love that guy. I am grateful for all the small things I tend to overlook. Like good health, not my mental health, lol. Being able laugh at silly stuff. Hugging my children. The simple things.

I am also grateful that my bed is ready for me to crawl into. I've been working a lot these past 2 weeks. More money for Florida. I leave Jan 11. Have a good night everyone, I'm off to sleep.

eddie z. 01-01-2006 05:17 AM

:caj Happy New Year, y'all!! :caj

Sherry, are you driving to Florida? You should stop by and see me!

I am still really grateful this morning. I chaired my home group last night and it was pretty much a gratitude meeting, but people were being very quiet for some reason, so I "had to" share my gratitude of course. I actually talked about how important this thread is to my recovery. I'm glad I was able to be of service again, by chairing and sharing.

And I'm glad we went to a "normie" party afterwards and got to hang out with some friends we hadn't seen in a good while. I'd forgotten how much I like them. I hope to see them more in 2006.

Have a great New Year's Day, everybody!! Don't forget to eat your hog jowls, collards, and black-eyed peas!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie :danse1b:

Richie 01-01-2006 07:04 AM

Happy New Year,Eddie,Sherry,Danielle,and everyone else.
Sherry I hope that your move to Florida will work out great for you.I will be praying for you.
Eddie,I am not familiar with Rachel Sweet.I will eat my collards and black-eyed peas,but not the hog jowls.
I watched Mr. and Mrs.Smith the other night and noticed a Joe Strummer song featured prominently in the soundtrack.I liked it and now I must find it for my collection.
God bless.
:MusBand:

eddie z. 01-01-2006 07:17 AM

Hmm...my husband rented Mr. & Mrs. Smith but didn't finish it, so I guess he didn't hear Joe. He would have noticed that, I'm sure. His soundtrack to Walker is an excellent album. Rachel Sweet was on Stiff Records, too. Very pop, though. She was only sixteen when she recorded her first album, Fool Around.

I'll be skipping the hog jowls as well. But I need to go out now and see if I can find a store open for the rest of the meal. Take care, everybody!!

Love and hugs,

squirrelly77 01-01-2006 10:41 AM

!

Happy New Year everyone!!! :abe:

I had a party at my mom's last night with some good friends...it was totally awesome! I don't think I've laughed so hard sober in a looooong time! We played Taboo--that game is so funny! I swear, get a bunch of recovering alcoholics together to play that game and it's a total riot. My throat is still soar from all the shouting and laughing. I also got this box of party hats, leighs, noise makers and stuff, and one of the horns was broken or something and my sponsor kept blowing on it because it sounded like a dying goose! OMG! It was the best!

So, anyone have any resolutions? Mine are the obvious. Start getting in shape...eat less sugar (as I'm typing this I'm eating a macadamia white chocolate cookie...mmmm). Eventually stop smoking. I smoke a couple of cigarettes a day...and I want to quit entirely. Ummm, what else. Pay more attention to my finances. I went all out for this party, but I figured it's a one time thing, so I'm okay...until next year! :) But, just like you said Richie--if I had any money not too long ago, I would be spending it on something really, really bad instead!

So, that's it. Good luck on your move Sherry. I'll bet you'll miss all this snow (yeah right!). Eddie, how can you pass up making some delicious pigs feet or hog lips or whatever you said to make? (JK!)

Back to the grind--classes start up in a couple days and I'm back to working part-time again. Oh well...vacations don't last forever!

Danielle

eddie z. 01-01-2006 05:14 PM

Hog jowls, Danielle, hog jowls. We actually had lean pork chops instead.

While I need to get in better shape, too, by exercising more, eating less, and quitting smoking, the only resolution I made was to work on my Steps again. I haven't written a word since the end of last May. That's terrible! Granted, it was a busy year, but I found time to work on Steps while I was in school, so I should be able to do it now, right?

Time for supper! :eat
Love and hugs,

eddie z. 01-01-2006 06:45 PM

:bbd: :daf :bbd:

I am grateful for my 4th clean New Year with no hangover and no withdrawals.

And I am grateful for a nice New Year's Day dinner with my husband, mother, and father-in-law. We should have lots of luck and prosperity in 2006 'cause we ate all that stuff you're supposed to eat.

Wish me well tomorrow, y'all. It's D-day. As in Medicare Part D. Should be interesting to say the least. Plus I'm on call tomorrow night. No one really knows what's going to happen in the pharmacy business with all these changes. It's pretty scary. Keep me in your prayers!

Love and hugs,
Eddie

sherbear5104 01-02-2006 02:22 PM

Hey Eddie, you are in my prayers. I pray that you will continue to prosper in your job.

I am not driving to Florida. I am flying. Maybe when I come back to visit in the summer, I can stop through then. You will be on my way. I think that would be really cool.

Glad to hear that everyone made it through the new year sober. It's a great thing. Not waking up with a hangover is amazing. I had to chuckle at all my co workers that drank too much. They looked awful :GrossL: . But for the grace of God, there go I.

Have a great day. On my way to work, again. I think I work more than anything......lol. :dance4:

Richie 01-02-2006 03:09 PM

Hi Sherry,Eddie and Danielle,
I'm glad you all had a nice New Years Day.I celebrated New Years Eve by going to bed early.That's my way of rebeling. :18: My resolution is to stop eating so much :rolleyes2 .We'll see how long that lasts.
Eddie,the song from the movie is Mondo Bongo by Strummer and the Mescaleros.I'm gonna have to get some of their albums.
Have a great week,everyone!
:danse1b:

eddie z. 01-02-2006 06:27 PM

Thank you, Sherry!!

Richie,
Mondo Bongo is also the name of a Boomtown Rats album that is pretty good.

Grateful that the first day of Medicare Part D went OK. Actually, we broke our record for filling today. And we didn't even have to stay late.

And grateful that I finally have a work laptop so I can have acccess to the pharmacy computer when I'm on call (like tonight). Should save me some trips in to work, I hope.

Love and hugs,

eddie z. 01-03-2006 08:03 PM

I am grateful that I finally did some work on my Ninth Step tonight!!! 'Bout time!!

And I am grateful that I could leave work early because I was honestly not feeling well and NOT because I wanted to go home and get high. Also grateful that my symptoms were not caused by withdrawal.

I am still not feeling great. I'll probably sleep in a little tomorrow. I don't need to get really sick.

Love and hugs,
Eddie :sick: