SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude Prayer (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/33499-bedtime-gratitude-prayer.html)

sam082602 07-23-2004 06:08 PM

Praying, and still praying!!

:ugh1: Let's see my bedtime prayer for tonight will be for patience, tolerance, and love towards others especially for/towards my fiancee, Russell!! :theyareon

eddie z. 07-23-2004 08:45 PM

...and I'm praying FOR YOU, Sam!!!
Love, Eddie

sam082602 07-24-2004 09:51 AM

Thanks, I need all the prayers that I can get!!

Originally Posted by eddie z.
...and I'm praying FOR YOU, Sam!!!
Love, Eddie

:tri Trinity that is what it is all about, I think!! Anyway, I am praying for Eddie Z. & all my friends here at SR; as well as for my Higher Power's will to be done in all things especially in all the areas of Russell's & my life...this was my morning prayer just as it will be my bedtime prayer that also has my prayers for patience, love, and tolereance!! :biglaugh:

eddie z. 07-24-2004 05:45 PM

Thank you so much, Sam, and you're welcome, too!! I am grateful that I can be of help.

Right now I'm waiting to take a friend to the ER...actually I have to go now. Keep praying, Samantha! Pray that my friend doesn't die.

Love, Eddie

sam082602 07-24-2004 07:20 PM

my prayers are a coming with you & yours plus your friend in them now and always

Teiger 07-24-2004 09:25 PM

First of all, my prayers are going out to your friend Eddie. Hope all turns out well. And Sam, prayers are coming your way too!!!

Just wanted to post this. Most nights if I do not nod off too fast in bed I say a prayer like this:

God, thank you for another day on your earth and another day sober. Thank you for the roof over my head, the clothes on my back, the food on my table and my health. Thank you for my husband, my son, my family and friends. Please God, don't ever let me forget that although there are people that have it better than I do, that there are always people who have it much worse....let me be happy with what I have today. Please help those who are much less fortunate than I am, those who are without shelter tonight and those without food. Let them see another tomorrow. Please keep my son safe as he sleeps tonight. God, forgive me any of my mistakes (usually I name them) and help me to do better tomorrow. Thank you for another day God. Thy will be done, not my own. Amen.

Now this is kind of long and some nights depending on what kind of a day I have had with my mistakes but also somedays it is short and sweet too. But I get my message to God and ask forgiveness at the end and thank my HP for another day.

Love,

Karen

sam082602 07-25-2004 04:11 PM

Thanks and that is an awesome prayer, Teiger!! Tonight my bedtime prayer will be for more rain and a good first workout at the gym tomorrow!!

eddie z. 07-25-2004 07:45 PM

Thanks, Samantha!

And thank you, Karen for that wonderful prayer. I printed it out. It's just what I've been looking for!

Well, we got my friend admitted to psych last night. Now he probably needs some long-term rehab. He can't seem to stay clean on meetings alone. It's so distressing to see what this disease can cause people to do to themselves...but I am grateful that we got him looked after.

Love, Eddie

sam082602 07-26-2004 11:05 AM

This morning I prayed for more rain and more cooler temperatures plus, I prayed for a good workout (which was awesome) and for my higher power's will in all things to be done!! Hope your friend is okay, Eddie!!

eddie z. 07-26-2004 03:27 PM

Grateful that I could chair the H&I meeting at Forsyth; for Sondra; and that, yes, my friend is OK.
—Eddie

eddie z. 07-26-2004 07:51 PM

For sweet dreams starring David Warner!! (A relatively young David Warner) :blush:

sam082602 07-26-2004 08:02 PM

Tonight I am praying for more rain, more cooler temperatures, and a good night's sleep instead of staying up all night because of my insomnia keeping me awake all night like it has been doing of late...Russell is doing somewhat better for now...love ya, Eddie...sleep tight!!

eddie z. 07-27-2004 02:13 PM

Thanks, Samantha! Did you get any sleep last night? I slept too much and this time I dreamt about Edward Norton.

sam082602 07-29-2004 01:02 PM

Sweetie, I rarely sleep at night but last night I did. So how are you and your friend? Did you have good dreams? Mine were pretty steamy and all with my man, Russell in them!! How about that?! All of my prayers lately are for my higher power's will to be done in all things in and around my life and the lives of my loved ones, plus for more of the much needed rain!!

eddie z. 07-30-2004 06:53 PM

My friend's doing better. Still in the hospital, though. I think I'll go see him tomorrow. I am grateful still that he is improving! Now we just need to get him into treatment or something. I've even offered to drive him to Mississippi to the rehab I went to. I really want to see him "get it," you know?

I had a lot of nightmares last night. Kept waking up yelling, much to my husband's amusement. It's funny, but I don't dream about him. My steamy dreams usually involve celebrities if you hadn't already noticed. Glad you got some sleep.

Grateful tonight that my friend's getting better; for sunshine; and for Lisa whom I see at a variety of 12-Step meetings!

Love and sweet dreams,
Eddie

sam082602 07-30-2004 08:45 PM

Hello, darling!! Last night was sleepless in Lubbock, lol, kind of like sleepless in Seattle, hell, come to think of it the only time that I ever slept in Seattle was during the first five years of my active heroin addiction but after that I rarely ever slept, lol, guess it is just like the old days for me, lol!! Nah, not really!! At least not exactly!! Sept. 13th, I am asking the doc for a different sleeping pill, maybe doxipene or that new one, ambien...or just a higher dose of one of the two that I already take which are trazadone and hydroxine...no not on the same night...I take one for seven days and then I switch to the other for seven days and so on and so forth!! I still don't sleep hardly at all...I am lucky if I get four to five hours of sleep in a 24 hour time period!! Just like tonight I am wide awake so I am praying for some much needed sleep, that your friend gets the help he needs, and for you, Eddie, for all good things in your life!! Nite, Nite, darling!! Love, Samantha

eddie z. 07-31-2004 06:38 PM

Thanks, sweetie! What doses of trazodone and hydroxyzine are you taking, if I may ask, 'cause you don't want to fool around with Ambien. A dose increase is probably your best bet. Do you sleep during the day? Or are you tired in the daytime? Maybe you really don't NEED that much sleep. Just a thought.

I finally got to visit my friend in the hospital. He seems great. We played Scrabble and just hung out. He kicked our butts! It was cool. He should be getting out on Tuesday, but I don't know where he's going to stay. To be honest, I don't this guy all that well, but he reminds me of someone I knew who didn't make it, so I have a soft spot for him.

So tonight I am grateful again that he is good, and grateful for OA!
Love, Eddie

:hypnotize :yo:

eddie z. 08-01-2004 07:36 PM

Grateful I can wear short sleeves and sandals today (and not just because of the weather!)! Friends used to wonder why I wore "winter" clothes & shoes year-round.

Also grateful that I was able to start my diet today and actually made three meals. It may not sound like much, but it's a big accomplishment for me!

Last night's celebrity dream guest was Ben Chaplin, I think. That's weird because I don't think about him much. :hmmm:

Love, Eddie

sam082602 08-03-2004 01:47 PM

All of my prayers are being full thanks to my Higher Power for finally allowing me some sleep...I take 100 mg of Trazadone per night for one week and then the next week I take 50-100 mg of Hydroxzine per night and back & forth like that...sometimes I sleep in the mornings, other times I am just tired and dragging all day, and still other times I feel just fine...things seem a little better now that I am exercising...glad to hear about your friend...love ya, sweetie...Love, Samantha

eddie z. 08-03-2004 07:58 PM

Your sleep pattern sounds like mine. Can't fall asleep, can't always stay asleep, then can't wake up when it's time to get up. They probably can increase your sleep meds if necessary, but it sounds as if the problem may be resolving. Am I right? Hope you sleep well again tonight!

Tonight I am grateful for Vocational Rehab. and my home group, Hope Unlimited.

Love, Eddie