SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude Prayer (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/33499-bedtime-gratitude-prayer.html)

Phinneas 12-05-2005 12:24 AM

((((Eddie, Sherry, Danielle, Richie))))

I am grateful that we have a place to come and share about our recovery and our lives - TOGETHER. I am grateful that I never, ever, ever have to be alone again.

What's the deal with me, guys? Martha I ain't, but lately I have been a domestic goddess wanna be. :09: I've been making home made Cristmas gifts and baking cookies (choc chip tonight - yum!). It must be Christmas that brings this side out of me. The rest of the year I think peanut butter toast is a home cooked meal. :loser:

Anyone else doing domestic things for the holidays?

Hang in there, family. Be safe, stay sober and let's take this thing one day at a time.

eddie z. 12-05-2005 04:29 AM

Only if you call shopping eBay domestic! LOL. Actually I need to decide what I can make for our work pot luck. That's probably about as domestic as I'll get.

Love and hugs,
Eddie :brain

squirrelly77 12-05-2005 08:37 AM

Thanks everyone for being here!

I'm going to talk to my sponsor tonight about everything that I've shared here. She knows the majority of it, but I need to be completely honest with her which I haven't been.

Today, I start on a new day sans the shovel--thanks Eddie! As for NA, I'll see what comes my way!

Blessings to all, and no--I haven't really become domesticated yet Phinny! All I've done is put some of that fake green stuff out on my balcony with Christmas lights--which is a start! But, I'm looking forward to the day when I'm little Miss Suzie Homemaker for the holidays.

Er...

Maybe not!

:) Danielle

hopealwayz 12-05-2005 09:59 AM

The only thing that I have done so far is decorate my apartment with some reallly pretty decorations. I got this little tree that my mom gave me and it really brightens this place up. When I got home, my mom had put a Christmas card on my door and put the tree out on my welcome mat. My heart was just filled with joy of this little act of love. My mom is getting her test results today for the biopsy that they did on her lungs. I am praying that all is ok and for her strength.
I think I should get in that baking mode. Hmmm......... cookies.

Love,
Cheryl

Richie 12-05-2005 03:56 PM

Hi Eddie and Phinny and Sherry and Danielle and Cheryl,
Tree's up.Shopping's done.Everything is wrapped and under the tree.And I'm already eating too much.
You don't think I'm too anxious do you? :laugh:
God bless you all.
And to all a good night.

eddie z. 12-05-2005 04:11 PM

I am VERY grateful tonight because today I found out that I passed that exam and I am now a Board-Certified Psychiatric Pharmacist!!! Whoo-freakin'-hoo!!!

Love and hugs,

Richie 12-05-2005 04:38 PM

:headbang: :You_Rock_ :arms:
Congratulations,Eddie!

Phinneas 12-05-2005 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by eddie z.
I am VERY grateful tonight because today I found out that I passed that exam and I am now a Board-Certified Psychiatric Pharmacist!!! Whoo-freakin'-hoo!!!

And you are the BEST Board-Certified Psychiatric Freakin' Pharmacist there is. Congrats to you! You've earned it. Awesome!

I've got the 4th step blues. Trouble sleeping and depressed, but I am moving through it. I bought myself a beautiful picture of painted tulips for my bedroom this morning. I am trying to be kind to me through this process.

Hang in there everyone. Be safe. Stay sober.

eddie z. 12-05-2005 05:05 PM

Thank you, Richie and phinny!!

Love and hugs,

HPierce 12-05-2005 06:49 PM

Danielle and everyone else sufferring i will continue to keep you all in my prayers! i love ya girly. dont stop trying!

eddie z. 12-06-2005 03:30 AM

Hey, Heidi!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Love and hugs,

HPierce 12-06-2005 04:49 AM

hey eddie long time no talk. thanks for the warm welcome!

eddie z. 12-06-2005 04:56 AM

You're welcome, Heidi!! I've been sticking to just a few threads since I started work in September. Speaking of work, I have to go now. See you later!

Love and hugs,

sherbear5104 12-06-2005 08:22 AM

Yay Eddie. That is so cool. I am very happy for you.

Hello to everyone else. Today I am grateful that I don't have to work either job. I am going to the movies to see just friends again. It was sooooo funny. I definately recommend seeing it.

Have a great day!

Sherry

eddie z. 12-06-2005 06:08 PM

Thank you, Sherry!

Tonight I am grateful that I may actually be able to start doing some psych pharm consulting very soon! This is a big surprise, but of course, quite a pleasant one. I am really looking forward to it.

And I am grateful for the Fanta grape soda I had this afternoon. I had a bad hypoglycemic spell and the soda saved my butt. I'm really glad we now have a drink machine at work.

Love and hugs,

squirrelly77 12-07-2005 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by eddie z.

I just now saw this, and I want to congratulate you on this awesome achievement! I know how hard you've been working--and you're an inspiration for people like me who are just starting off in this type of field at school. I know you said that you enjoyed your Chem classes...but I have to be honest--there will be absolutely NO LOVE lost when I'm able to sell that textbook after Friday! I only have one more semester of Organic Chemistry and for THAT I'm very grateful!!!

Welcome to our little thread, Heidi! :) And, thanks for your encouragement! I appreciate all that you do for AA and for us who are members.

Danielle

eddie z. 12-07-2005 05:26 PM

Thank you, Danielle!!

I am grateful that I got to get up and lift weights this morning. I was supposed to yesterday, but my back was twinging so I was afraid to. But it went fine today.

And I am grateful for the compliments I got on my work from some of the technicians. I never thought I would be considered fast. Thank HP for Strattera and Wellbutrin! I couldn't do it without them.

Have a beautiful night, all!!
Love and hugs,

nevermind 12-07-2005 08:48 PM

I'm grateful that I found SR. This place is a life saver.

Jen

nogard 12-07-2005 08:55 PM

I am grateful for this day without dramas and with friends and a feeling of belonging.

eddie z. 12-08-2005 04:23 AM

Hey, Jen!! Welcome to the thread!! Thanks for posting here!!

Hey, Kevin!!

Love and hugs,