SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Drank All Day Yesterday For No Reason (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/451739-drank-all-day-yesterday-no-reason.html)

NONIA 01-24-2021 05:08 PM

You should get up if you can and eat something .
You will feel better :)

NONIA 01-24-2021 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by whitejay (Post 7574820)
hi bornsurvivor - no one was with me - I consistently have urges to drink, they never go away - so, here I was at a nice restaurant and it was if I was a robot, the
waiter came to my table and asked me what I would like to drink and out of my stupid mouth came " I'll take a top shelf margarita with lots of salt "...
I dont even drink tequila !!!! I just am too impulsive and I need to get it in check fast or something really bad is going to happen. Ive already used up my nine lives (so disturbing).
My soul has been crushed by years of this behavior, that I feel soul less. I feel like a robot, a piece of dirt and shame, lots of shame.
so, I know I am on my last leg - I am getting on naltrexone - vivitrol shot among other things. I would give everything I own away from my clothes to my house
if someone could just explain why my brain is so messed up....I would rather be homeless than a miserable drunk.
thanks for caring

You will get better , most of us felt the same way .
You should not say you are a miserable drunk .
You need a good mantra !

FlyingDutchMan 01-25-2021 12:11 PM

Hey Whitejay, it’s a good thing that we are seeing you here on a regular basis. As you have noticed there are a lot of SR-members who are concerned about you and I am among them.

It’s so hard to keep that long term perspective in mind when your every day struggle is so hard. Do whatever it takes. You will not be feeling like this for the rest of your life. And if you post something everyday, you can read back on it later on, hopefully sparking a wish that you never want to go through it again.

Thinking of you Whitejay, I don’t know if it helps but I am going to do it anyway! :)

Hevyn 01-25-2021 02:46 PM

I'm thinking of you too, Whitejay. :hug:

advbike 01-25-2021 05:05 PM

How are you doing whitejay? Thinking of you and wishing you well.

tursiops999 01-25-2021 09:49 PM

How are you doing White jay? I wanted to share that I have a relative who struggles with depression, who received TMS therapy. It helped her very much -- after a couple weeks she felt like it had helped her to reset and get in a much better frame of mind. I know it's a big commitment, but I just wanted to let you know our family's experience of it was very positive.

Whatever you decide, keep.posting -- we're here for you.

yinzer 01-26-2021 04:34 AM

How are you, Whitejay? Just want you to know that even those of us who just lurk and don’t post much are thinking of you.

Mizz 01-26-2021 04:56 AM

Good Morning, WJ!
Are you around? How are you holding up?

FlyingDutchMan 01-26-2021 11:59 AM

Dropped in to see if you're feeling any better, please let us know. We're not here only for the good news btw. If you're not feeling well, post even more.

Take care Whitejay!

FlyingDutchMan 01-29-2021 06:57 AM

Dear dear Whitejay, how are you feeling today?

advbike 01-29-2021 09:29 AM

Come back whitejay!

FlyingDutchMan 02-03-2021 11:09 AM

Hey Whitejay, I still check in every day to see how you are doing. It worries me that you are not posting and I really hope you are okay. Maybe you have the feeling you have nothing to contribute at this moment, but I think that’s not true. If you are not feeling well, we won’t be able to lend an ear if you don’t share it with us.

If I made the wrong assumption, my sincere apologies.

Hope to hear from you very soon, all the best and stay safe, ok?