SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Waking up to a SOBER WEEKEND - WEEKENDERS 24 - 27 January 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/445232-waking-up-sober-weekend-weekenders-24-27-january-2020-a.html)

Kaily 01-26-2020 12:41 AM

I am sorry you are missing your spider Lunar. I know how much you love your fine looking creatures.

That is a very impressive forest Willow. I have never been on a tree top walk but would love to. I am trying to decide where to go today, the weather is a bit miserable but so am I so I know I need a very long walk. It always helps. :)

Willow00 01-26-2020 12:44 AM

I hope a big walk makes you feel better Kaily :hug:
I wish you could come on the treetops walk with me, I think you would love it ❤️

theVman31 01-26-2020 12:52 AM

Good to hear from you Snufkin :)
I hope you sort out your "situation"

I hope nobody leaves the weekender or SR.

Great pics Willow. If you feel you need that walk just go dont think it,dont look at the weather...

Been pretty much only reading the last few days. Not a whole lot to say !
Still happy to be here with you folks.
Have a great day weekenders.

Kaily 01-26-2020 12:53 AM

Thanks Willow. I would love to go with you. :)

As you can see Alfie can hardly wait... :no:

https://i.postimg.cc/xjNLxgpr/WP-202...-00-37-Pro.jpg

Willow00 01-26-2020 01:09 AM

Nice to see you Vinny :)

Kaily, Alfie is just adorable ❤️ but looks like a snooze is preferable to a big walk :)

saoutchik 01-26-2020 02:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kaily (Post 7368072)
I have never been on a tree top walk but would love to. I am trying to decide where to go today, the weather is a bit miserable but so am I so I know I need a very long walk. It always helps. :)

Kew Gardens has an outdoor one and an indoor one worth going to (in the Spring would be a better time though)

Looks like they have been cleaning out the canal recently. Yuk!

Reid82 01-26-2020 03:14 AM

Having a quite weekend (which is good these days) Met a friend for lunch yesterday and will go for a long walk this afternoon and chill.....

It's 11:15 am here now. There was a time If was drinking I'd be either half or fully drunk by now on a Sunday morning! Eck.... :( :wah:

harriet11 01-26-2020 03:22 AM

Hey, don't go Lunar, I loved your excellent frog photo, brilliant detail, I love frogs and the tarantula photo is awesome!

Please Keep Posting :You_Rock_

lunar 01-26-2020 04:47 AM

Good morning.
After many failed attempts at sobriety, I am proud to say I am on day 148.
I apologize for posting photos of my creatures to the dismay of certain sensitive folks. (really?!)

Unfortunately, I do not possess any puppies or kittens.
I was always on the fringe of society, with pet ownership, keeping exotic arachnids, reptiles and amphibians. The bonus is they are mainly Hypoallergenic.

Enough rambling.
Thank you all who know me on a personal level.
I send regards from three close friends that were tossed from this site.
ThePatMan, Sleepie, and Soberpotamus.
I'm sure they were terminated for a just cause, as per "rules and regulations".
They are all doing fine without your guidance.
Now I will excuse my own self from the politics of SR.
I will miss certain people here.
Have a great day.
Thank you Gilmer, for your never-ending wisdom.

biminiblue 01-26-2020 04:56 AM

Sorry you're going Lunar. I love all the creatures. Good luck on your sober time, and hello to Sleepie and SoberP (I don't remember PatMan.)

No one else is allowed to leave.

No, do what you want, everyone. Like what I say makes any difference. :lmao:

I take breaks from SR. It's a tough site.

Fusion 01-26-2020 05:21 AM

lunar, I hope you don't stop posting photos of your pets. Your 9" lady White Kneed Brazilian was stunning, amazing to think she hatched as a tiny spidering and grew bigger than your hand. I'm sorry you miss her.

If you leave, I'll miss your photos of your frogs, snakes and spiders, they look so well cared for. I don't post much on Weekenders, but I always read. I hope you reconsider.

jr67 01-26-2020 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by lunar (Post 7368005)
wow.
sorry.
I'll never post my creatures again.
See ya-

I, for one, apologize, Lunar, for any offense my posting may have caused, if mine is one of the posts that offended you. I thought I was being ironic and witty, but if you perceived my posting as dismissive of your passion for your companion, then it is my post that should be deleted, not your important presence on the SR site.

I am new here, only discovered SR twenty days ago. I have spent many an hour exploring the site, learning unexpected lessons from its many members. During those hours, I came across just a few posts where someone had posted a comment or reaction to someone else's post that came across as cavalier, or judgmental, or somehow offensive to the original poster or to someone else on the site. Sometimes I suppose that was intentional, and sometimes it seemed that the offender genuinely had not meant to offend.

I can only speak for myself, and now I'll repeat myself, and make myself clear: I actually liked your post (and I'm not talking about hitting the "Thanks" button, but that's cool too). I liked the post, it stoked my curiosity, and I looked forward to hearing more about your sling. I really was, and am, curious about whether it has a name yet, and its expected life span, and whether it is male or female, and other things.

It can be dicey to try to write in an ironic tone, and the printed word may fail to communicate the wink of the eye that would accompany a comment in real life, where the conversants are in the same actual room, to communicate that the commenter is just joking.

I hope you stay.

venuscat 01-26-2020 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by lunar (Post 7368016)
Dee, please remove me from this site.
Thank you.

That would break my heart lunar. :hug: s ❤️

venuscat 01-26-2020 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kaily (Post 7368078)
Thanks Willow. I would love to go with you. :)

As you can see Alfie can hardly wait... :no:

https://i.postimg.cc/xjNLxgpr/WP-202...-00-37-Pro.jpg

Ooosh woosh.....that is the cutest dog in the history of the world!! :) :hug: s

And hello Kaily :hug: s ❤️

And Willow darling....your photos are divine. :hug: s ❤️

Cityboy 01-26-2020 05:46 AM

Cool pictures willow. Reminds me of Costa Rica.

Cityboy 01-26-2020 05:56 AM

Lunar, if you're still around. I would get my feelings bruised as well if I posted a pic of any of our pets, past or present, and anyone made an off color remark. All animals have a personality that makes them unique and I'm sure that spiders are no different. You've got to admit though that a pic of a big spider is a total setup and there had to be some expectation of varied remarks going in.

I have an acquaintance that keeps monstrous snakes as pets. I just do not see the appeal of having a 3 meter (metric for you guys) snake in the house but to each his own.

Hope you stick around as we draw strength from each other.

Reid82 01-26-2020 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by lunar (Post 7368176)
Good morning.
After many failed attempts at sobriety, I am proud to say I am on day 148.
I apologize for posting photos of my creatures to the dismay of certain sensitive folks. (really?!)

Unfortunately, I do not possess any puppies or kittens.
I was always on the fringe of society, with pet ownership, keeping exotic arachnids, reptiles and amphibians. The bonus is they are mainly Hypoallergenic.

Enough rambling.
Thank you all who know me on a personal level.
I send regards from three close friends that were tossed from this site.
ThePatMan, Sleepie, and Soberpotamus.
I'm sure they were terminated for a just cause, as per "rules and regulations".
They are all doing fine without your guidance.
Now I will excuse my own self from the politics of SR.
I will miss certain people here.
Have a great day.
Thank you Gilmer, for your never-ending wisdom.

Well done on your 148 days, Lunar. I hope you reconsider and stay posting here :)

Cityboy 01-26-2020 06:13 AM

As to SR being full of politics/conflict. As part of my letting go of the daily stress and anxiety, I quit visiting a forum that was probably a contributing factor. SR does not have 0.001% of the politics and conflict that characterized that site.

harriet11 01-26-2020 06:22 AM

Well done on 148 days Lunar :c011:

Alfie is sooo cute Kaylie, sooo cuddlesome happyface:

Gorgeous photos Willow, never heard of a treetops walk before and first time I've seen a pic of one.

lunar 01-26-2020 06:25 AM

I was being a jerk, sorry to anyone I've offended.

Having tough times here, on a personal level, not your concern.