SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Waking up to a SOBER WEEKEND - WEEKENDERS 24 - 27 January 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/445232-waking-up-sober-weekend-weekenders-24-27-january-2020-a.html)

STDragon 01-26-2020 06:39 PM

This is Stubby the Dragon, picture taken in 2005. Named so because he was missing part of his left front leg. My son saw him in a pet shop during a field trip and was quite upset at his condition. Part of his jaw was exposed from rubbing against his enclosure at the shop. The Dragon was partly responsible for my first attempt to quit drinking (long story). Also why I have STDrgaon as my handle.
https://i.postimg.cc/TPKwmJbM/MVC-005S.jpg

Kaily 01-26-2020 09:13 PM

He was a handsome chap STDragon, amazing eyes. How lovely that you rescued him after your son had seen him in suffering in a pet shop. I hope you manage to persuade Mrs D to allow a pet rat, apparently they make fantastic pets and are very clever.

Willow00 01-26-2020 09:41 PM

I love your dragon story Dragon ❤️

I have had several pet rats, they are awesome pets! Very clever, cute and affectionate. I used to let mine sit on my shoulder under my hair. Lovely pets ❤️

Mags1 01-26-2020 10:33 PM

Morning Weekenders

Dragon, what a gorgeous Dragon. I’m pleased your son noticed him and you rescued him from the pet shop.

fishkiller 01-27-2020 04:20 AM

I made it through. I hope everyone else did also.
Looking forward to the next one 👍👍

biminiblue 01-27-2020 04:27 AM

I can't be the only one who wants STDragon to tell the long story about how that beautiful creature was partly responsible for his sobriety.

I know my two cats were part of the reason I got sober. I wasn't being a very good pet friend to them and I wanted to be. I only have the one cat now but I'm trying to give her a good life. I think she will be my last pet.

Kaily, on my long walk yesterday I passed a middle aged woman with two dogs that looked like your two! They were so animated and prancing right along behind her obviously looking to and fro for whatever mischief they might run into. I couldn't figure out a way to ask her to take their picture but I definitely wanted to. :) It was a great walk. My head is all over the place when I start the walk, and I'm always centered and peaceful by the end.

Sober Monday. Another weekend without a drink in the book. Easy peasy.

venuscat 01-27-2020 04:35 AM

I would also love to hear the full story dear Dragon. :)

Glad you got through fish. :) :grouphug:

Kaily 01-27-2020 07:32 AM

Oh I would of loved to see a pic of my dogs American cousins :doggy:.

Yes walking is very therapeutic and always makes me feel better too.

https://i.postimg.cc/y6r1rFD9/horse-...animation2.gif

saoutchik 01-27-2020 09:32 AM

Stubby was a fine looking chap! I take it he is no longer around.

I went for my annual eye test at lunchtime and the vision in my right eye has improved slightly in the last two years from I.5 to 1.25. I didn't know that could happen, I always assumed that they slowly got worse. Maybe I just tried a bit harder this time. I had noticed that I have been wearing my glasses less recently. Half the time I just wear them out of habit.

I might need swimming goggles on the way home as it's chucking it down with rain.

I hope everyone made it through the weekend but if you didn't don't despair, as long as you keep trying eventually you will find the right key for the lock.

MesaMan 01-27-2020 09:44 AM

Monday Fun Day ~

Out here in the SoCal Desert lovin' Life in the 78 F [26 C] high temp of today. This Morning, MesaDog did his usual schnort-around while making sure all Desert Denizens were smelled, and accounted for. A Fissure of the San Andreas Fault is just over those Foothills seen below. So, I keep our RV Trailer prepped with Water in the Tank, and ready to bail if The Big One hits. So far, so good.

The good thing about Fault Zones: a Well drilled around here means Hot Water gushes up for the Natural Hot Springs Pools. WHICH we've been soaking in every Day. Good for what ails ya, including me finally getting over Shingles. And, for MesaMate's 2 replaced Knees.

I'm on tap tomorrow Morning to testify by Laptop Video in a Case of Public Lands Access to Forest near our former Mountain House. A Couple there asked me to consider getting involved, and I'm glad to 'do the right thing' to help keep that Historic Easement open. Some Newbies to that area from Texas have tried to gate this Access closed, so into Court it went. I've had to collect Records on when we owned our House nearby. And, get a new Cellular Modem for this Laptop. The prior one decided to poop the Bed 2 Days ago, so all this minutiae has kept me busy intermittently. Priority One has been to eat Food we can't get at Home in Redneck Nation Colorado, and that's been good fun. There's a Drive-Through Marijuana Dispensary nearby; another indicator we ain't in Colorado no mo.

I pick up the rare Wine Bottle to Recycle when they're left out Curb-side for Trash pickup, and I'm pleased to note there's very few to collect. We're surrounded primarily by Canadians down here to escape the Winter, and they tend to be quite-civilized Folks.

Thanks, Mags!

https://i.postimg.cc/CLYP2JPt/Rock-Stack.jpg

saoutchik 01-27-2020 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hats of Mesa for doing your civic duty and testifying. It's a worthy cause.

MesaDog is quite well camouflaged in desert conditions isn't he. Good for getting up close to things without being seen.

Btw way belated Happy Australia Day to all of Aussies on the thread. Let's hope you get some more rain soon. My apologies for not noticing earlier.

venuscat 01-27-2020 10:36 AM

Thank you dearest Sao. :) :hug: s ❤️

theVman31 01-27-2020 10:45 AM

Evening weekender aficionados.
Good to see the weekender moving so quickly.

Pretty miserable weather. Really could do with a little sunshine in the coming days.

Good news about your eyes Sao. Bet you didnt see it coming in 2020. In a few years you'll be training to be a pilot 👍

We are going skiing for a week on the 8th feb. A little apparemment in the village of Cauterets.
Yay some sun and sport...

Nighty night weekenders

Willow00 01-27-2020 01:30 PM

Thanks Sao :)
I’m glad I made it through sober. It’s generally a big drunkfest around here but I managed to stay sober despite the drunken revelry going on all weekend. I had a message from a very hungover friend this morning. That used to be me after a 3 day binge for Australia Day long weekends. I’m soooo glad I didn’t drink this time.

We got a heap of rain here in the north last night. It’s glorious :) I hope it’s widespread.

Yes I’d love to hear the long version of the dragon story too :)

Lovely pic Mesa, I love the sound of the hot springs :)

saoutchik 01-27-2020 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by theVman31 (Post 7369350)

Good news about your eyes Sao. Bet you didnt see it coming in 2020. In a few years you'll be training to be a pilot 👍

I suppose 2020 is the perfect year for improved vision.

Congratulations on the skiing trip, it should be fun, especially without hangovers to deal with.

PhoenixJ 01-27-2020 02:47 PM

I went camping over the Australia day weekend. A comedy of errrors that would have been seen in a Keystone cops film. We all had fun tho. The other 2 happy campers wanted to stay longer- but I at least can recognize now- when to call it a day when my bod starts to have what I call a 'bone deep soreness'. Also fatigue. All good.

Willow00 01-27-2020 11:27 PM

Glad you enjoyed the camping trip PJ. I bet you were glad of your bed when you got home though :)

Mags1 01-28-2020 01:23 AM

Morning Weekenders

PJ, glad you had a good weekend, I agree with Willow, good to get in your own bed, I bet. :)

Not much happening here....very cold but lovely sunshine, it fools you into thinking it’s warm. :)

See you later. x

venuscat 01-28-2020 03:24 AM

I am in a bit of a mess this morning.....I had a very bad night.
Trying to shake it off. I am sure daylight will help. :grouphug:

Dee74 01-28-2020 03:31 AM

I know its tough hope you can set aside your concerns for even just a little while and look after yourself today Suze.

D