SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Waking up to a SOBER WEEKEND - WEEKENDERS 24 - 27 January 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/445232-waking-up-sober-weekend-weekenders-24-27-january-2020-a.html)

fishkiller 01-28-2020 03:49 AM

I truly hope today is kinder to you Venus. :hug:

Hawkeye13 01-28-2020 04:03 AM

:grouphug: Venus

venuscat 01-28-2020 04:18 AM

Thank you beautiful friends....I appreciate it.
So the short story is that my husband's mum is in very late stage vascular dementia. I have been through all of this with my own mum already. And we are not all on the same page here and last night was very very bad.

Cityboy 01-28-2020 04:36 AM

Sorry you're having a tough go venus. :Valdog:

SnoozyQ 01-28-2020 05:36 AM

Hi everyone,

thanks for your birthday messages :ValA002:

I have had a really fun week. Been busy, having lots of family time and I really don't feel 58 :slider3:

I've really enjoyed being busy , it's a scorcher of a day tomorrow, so a quieter one in store .

Thanks beautiful Mags for my lovely gifts coming all the way from England to little ole Adelaide Australia.
I love you to bits :kiss:

Suze sorry you had a bad day love. I truly hope things get better for you Xxxx

Mags1 01-28-2020 05:40 AM

Suze, sorry you’re feeling rough love. Take care of you too love xx

Snoozy, good to see you love xx

venuscat 01-28-2020 05:47 AM

Thank you ~ I am feeling better after a good talk over breakfast with my husband.
I have a lot of experience with this stuff...both personally and as an aged care/elder care worker for years. So I got myself calm (thank you for helping me) and had a much more productive conversation. :hug: s

Cityboy 01-28-2020 05:53 AM

Good, it seems like simple communication can be a major bottleneck sometimes.

venuscat 01-28-2020 06:14 AM

Oh yes. What a perfect word to describe it. Bottleneck. :) :hug: s xx

Fusion 01-28-2020 09:08 AM

Venus, I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Please stay strong yourself, then you'll be best able to help her and Goat xx.

theVman31 01-28-2020 01:07 PM

Stay cool Suze ✌️

It's been a pretty good day here in the frog kingdom of france. I get to work from home tomorrow so i'll be in PJ's for a while longer. Quitting work is longer and more complicated than I had imagine but it will still happen.

I think 2020 is a leap year, a good one for the frogs. I'll try tell that joke to my colleagues thursday but of course nobody will under stand.

It's mini vman's 7th Birthday on thursday.
Brings back memories...

Ribbit Ribbit 🐸

Willow00 01-28-2020 01:19 PM

Suze I’m sorry things have been rough, but glad you’re managing to tslk about it. It’s such a raw and emotional time. Sending you lots of love and support : hug: ❤️❤️ Xxx

venuscat 01-28-2020 01:28 PM

Mini Vman is an Aquarian, so you are in for a very interesting life with him....in a good way. :) And I love the frog joke. :) :hug: s

Yeah Willow love....for us....as in the two of us....it's kind of unthinkable to have to go through this again. Well for me....but I know you will get it. Selfish, I know. And it won't stop me from doing everything to help my husband to help his dad to help his mum.

But I took Dee's advice and other friends here....I have to look after me. So I don't forget about me, and so I am able to be of help in a calm and measured way.

'nuff about me..... :)

:grouphug:

EDIT.....you made my day Vinny. :)
So, I hear you saying that French people won't get a frog joke about leap year? :lmao:

PhoenixJ 01-28-2020 01:44 PM

Prayers Suze.

least 01-28-2020 01:47 PM

(((Suze))) I know how hard it can be, looking after someone with dementia. :( I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. :hug: Can't help anyone else if you don't put on your own oxygen mask first. :hug:

Mags1 01-28-2020 09:37 PM

Morning Weekenders

Suze, I’m pleased you had a talk with your husband. It’s so difficult to talk sometimes about things that matter but stressing and worrying about things inside can make is like a pressure cooker. :hug:

I live in a village and the road I’m on doesn’t have much traffic but every time I see my cats run across the road, my heart is in my mouth. There is a big field at the back of the house but no, they have to have a wonder over the road sometimes. :dunno:

Still dark and cold here, I think we’re going to garden Centre later for some compost and tomato seeds and a few other things.

See you later xx

SnoozyQ 01-28-2020 11:32 PM

Oh Mags i know what you mean . My heart goes into my mouth when i see mine do the same . It only takes one car doesnt it ?

how are you feelingbtoday wity the asthma andcare the injections working ?

Its So bloody hot here today. I hate this weather. There are more fires in Canberra now .

my chickybabes were so stressed , i had to put the wading pool up and give them all a dunking. Lol they are so funny. Squawking as i put them in , then just floating along hahaha .

dunked the doggies too, they love it :-)

how are you coping with the heat Pj ... xxx

jr67 01-29-2020 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tatsy (Post 7370198)
Venus, I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Please stay strong yourself, then you'll be best able to help her and Goat xx.

In the event of
critical emergency
Breathe first. Then help them.

jr67 01-29-2020 12:39 AM

Breathe first. Then help them
find the oxygen masks till
they breathe for themselves

jr67 01-29-2020 12:42 AM

They breathe for themselves
as one must in the face of
full catastophe