SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Motus Est Vita. Weekenders Thread November 16-19 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/418995-motus-est-vita-weekenders-thread-november-16-19-a.html)

Healthyandsober 11-18-2017 05:21 PM

Biminiblue can I move where you live? I love salmon :fish: :eat

:exercise1 I feel you Tetra i have gained a few (like more than a few :()pounds from drinking and quitting as well.

huge cravings tonight oh boy i am also smoking i can't help it cravings give me a lot of anxiety ha ha

that cat look fierce purplrks :thanks

BigShoe 11-18-2017 06:05 PM

Finally got out of the house. Was tired of my holding pattern and decided to hit the store. Once outside I decided to make the journey on foot to enjoy the beautiful day and get the body moving a bit. A beautiful walk down a hill through a great park. And back up. About an hour out and worked up a nice sweat.
The mrs finally got ready to leave and we did a bit of errands. New glasses for me and some business. Her hangover got to her and she needed a drink stat. So we ducked into a place and she had some wine I had some tea and we split a burger. Nice actually.
Seeing her drunk and hungover really hammers home how much more difficult the life we create for ourselves by drinking. The moods, irrational thoughts and irritability. Everything is more difficult and and intense. She doesn’t want to drink and she doesn’t want to stop.

Upward2Enlightenment 11-18-2017 08:21 PM

MidnightBlue 11-18-2017 08:31 PM

Hi, weekenders.

Early morning for me. And coffee.

Yesterday I saw a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year".

I think it's worth investing some efforts to develop this attitude.

I am considering to push myself out of comfort zone a little bit today and take a choreography class at our gym. Totally different kind of exercising I do usually. Though I have to admit I am tempted just to take lazy Sunday and kick back all day. But for me kicking back all day long rarely proves to be useful - after a couple of hours I start inventing problems for myself)

See you.

MidnightBlue 11-19-2017 02:10 AM

I made it to the choreography class. It wasn't that challenging . I will probably incorporate it as light Sunday activity to improve my flexibility.

Having my second round of coffee.

And after that I am back to the gym.

What???

I left my running shoes there))

It's gloomy outside. No eagles, volcanoes or swirling colorful leaves in front of my window. I

See you.

Mish 11-19-2017 02:55 AM

Sunday night came to quick. I've had a great weekender with you guys. Thanks so much for keeping me on the straight and narrow. x

MidnightBlue 11-19-2017 04:24 AM

Glad you've enjoyed your weekend, Mish)

NorthernLass 11-19-2017 04:37 AM

Hi! Just checking in after my sober weekend. Slight thoughts of drink but didn't really want to. Day 1 again didn't appeal. Yay made it!! Enjoy your Sunday wherever you are!

BixBees505 11-19-2017 06:23 AM

Good morning. Chilly here, but sunny. Last evening had a frustrating time with family. Trying to keep us all stable instead pitching into depression/hopelessness. Stopped to pick up pizza on way home at a place I used to always drink in, while waiting for the order. (Yeah pizza would be stone cold before I ever shoved off again, then there was the stop at package store for “tomorrow”.). These days I just sit in the car and wait for the text that order is ready. All good, for sure, but I was so frustrated and angry - my AV really had a rant. I was home soon with fresh HOT pizza.

Now...coffee.

Healthyandsober 11-19-2017 07:38 AM

good for you bixbees, i had a tough time last night suddenly two bottles of wine looked amazing to me. and yeah one bottle is not enough. not enjoying savoring good wine over here its just straight to oblivion land with me.

but i resist and its day 26 for me . i have a lot of anxiety because tomorrow is monday but at least my head is kind of clear and i have options

anyways i love imaging dragons MB specially believer

happy sunday!

BixBees505 11-19-2017 07:41 AM

Awesome HAS!!! Your post brought a big smile to my face just now!!

biminiblue 11-19-2017 07:45 AM

I have the, "it's nearly winter, short days, lots of food, shorter walks," problem that hits every November. I can't afford a gym so I have to get creative with my exercising when it's cold and really what I want is to eat. The past week I've averaged 2600 calories a day and that won't end well if I don't stop that! I blame eggnog and power-outs. I do tend to still medicate my moods with too much food. Because it works, unfortunately.

So that's my little self-focused :wah: session.

Oh...I just remembered the salmon. That was so cool. Haven't seen the eagles.

Hey, where's STDragon? How's little therapy-Cloud? (his daughter's hamster)

I'm off to listen to my online Bible study guy.

/signed, A.D.D. girl

Healthyandsober 11-19-2017 08:02 AM

No worries biminblue i have been on self-focused mode all my life :lmao a session will do you some good. i don't even want to count my calories scary :scared:

yes where is stdragon and i have not seen phoenix either in any tread?

bixbees thank you !

BixBees505 11-19-2017 08:09 AM

I think i saw STDragon over on your 90-day thread, HAS!

biminiblue 11-19-2017 08:10 AM

Sorry H&S, but clearly it's all about me.

Clearly.

MidnightBlue 11-19-2017 09:33 AM

It's really weird.

I started working flexible hours about 4 months ago and I don't have Mondays per se, but on some visceral level at around 6 p.m. Sunday my mood darkens drastically and I feel panic rising inside.

I wonder is that ok that the major part of population on this globe feels sick in the stomach when Monday starts looming on the horizon.

BixBees505 11-19-2017 10:44 AM

Count me in on the global sick-to-stomach Sunday nights. It is improving though. It isn’t as gripping.

Frankly, at some point after getting my sober feet under me, I did not know what to do with my over the top anxiety about my job. My “job” was to be perfect, in my mind. So I quit it. I quit the perfection job and my anxiety over it, in my mind. Staying sober and sane is more important than whether I get a report in — on time AND perfect. One of those two characteristics will not measure up, and I am ok with that. I am noticing and accepting more imperfection in myself and others at work. I am seeing that when clients have complained/given negative feedback about something of mine that isn't perfect...it truly doesn't mean the world is ending and I am the culprit. The complainer never thinks for a minute that the world is ending. Nowadays, neither do I.

MidnightBlue 11-19-2017 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by BixBees505 (Post 6678681)

Frankly, at some point after getting my sober feet under me, I did not know what to do with my over the top anxiety about my job. My “job” was to be perfect, in my mind. So I quit it. I quit the perfection job and my anxiety over it, in my mind. Staying sober and sane is more important than whether I get a report in — on time AND perfect. One of those two characteristics will not measure up, and I am ok with that. I am noticing and accepting more imperfection in myself and others at work. I am seeing that when clients have complained/given negative feedback about something of mine that isn't perfect...it truly doesn't mean the world is ending and I am the culprit. The complainer never thinks for a minute that the world is ending. Nowadays, neither do I.

Thank you for this insight, Bix!!!!

That is exactly what slipped out of my awareness - perfection-poisoning.

I am going to take a deep breath now and smile.

:tyou

MidnightBlue 11-19-2017 12:40 PM

Thanks to magic power of fellow weekenders my anxiety lost its edge.

Time to go to bed.

The weekend is going to its end, but we keep having fun while moving our bodies. We need it even more during weekdays because nothing can beat exercising when it comes to reducing stress. We owe it to our bodies which do tremendous work non-stop 24/7 and fight like elite warriors to counter all the craziness we put them through.

Do you body a favor - move it!

See you)

saoutchik 11-19-2017 02:01 PM

Welcome to Weekenders:-
24violets
RunFasterSober
MelSober
tekink
LiveLikeGold6

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Dee, glad you are feeling better

Upwardstoenlightenment I you you feel better soon.

Congratulations to all of you reaching milestones, small or large they are all fantastic.