SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Motus Est Vita. Weekenders Thread November 16-19 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/418995-motus-est-vita-weekenders-thread-november-16-19-a.html)

MidnightBlue 11-16-2017 07:23 AM

Upward, Soberclover - Glad you've joined the thread!

saoutchik 11-16-2017 07:24 AM

I'm in!

Congratulations on shotgun Mish!

23 days is fantastic HaS!

Uber busy at work (it always is this time of the year) Self care and exercise has been of the bare minimum variety.

MidnightBlue 11-16-2017 07:28 AM

Hi, Sao.

Hope you'll carve some time for self-care during the weekend.

biminiblue 11-16-2017 08:26 AM

In!

This is so important to me that I really think it is the #1 most important thing in my sobriety. Exercise.

It clears the mind. It slows me down. It gets my mind off of itself and allows my body to work the way it is intended. I often recommend in Newcomers that a five minute exercise session as soon as feet hit ground in the morning is a cure-all for morning anxiety. It helps regulate my appetite, therefore my weight is stable and healthy.

There is nothing that fills me up more than a walk in Nature. I do it daily, and it is my reliable reset button.

Also...there is an eagle sitting less than 30 feet away from me right now in the tree right outside my window.

...and...the SWFEC eagles are about to lay this year's egg(s). The eagle cam knows all.

MidnightBlue 11-16-2017 08:38 AM

Hi, Bimini!

We've missed you last week!

I second what you say about how morning exercising sets the tone for the day.

I will share my new morning routine a bit later.

Now...guess where I am going?

It's an easy guess. Gym. Just one workout for me today - crossfit class. I feel like I am slacking):lmao

See you.

andyh 11-16-2017 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 6674607)
How's so, Andy? :c041:

because I'm the lazy type. I know exercise would make me feel better, but I never quite seem to be able to summon the motivation ...

MidnightBlue 11-16-2017 12:46 PM

I am back from the gym.

One workout seems like no workout at all) I just enjoyed it today.

Andy - IMO motivation is grossly overrated and one of the biggest scams of modern time. It's like fast high-carb food - it gives a spike of feeling good but doesn't last long. It may work as fuel if all the preparation is done and a person just needs some boost. But otherwise...

I am with Jocko here:

"Forget motivation, you need discipline. Motivation is going to let you down. Discipline will stay by your side."

I mean discipline in a good sense.

It's about creating routine which supports you even if you are tired, hungry, disappointed, desperate, whatever.

It keeps you afloat until you feel better.

Start with a tiny step. Repeat daily, Build on.

Just like sobriety, one day it will pay off. Take my word.

And a little bit of motivation:

I

BixBees505 11-16-2017 01:04 PM

I think this is very true...and most certainly applies to sobriety and everything else.

“It's about creating routine which supports you even if you are tired, hungry, disappointed, desperate, whatever. It keeps you afloat until you feel better. “

MidnightBlue 11-16-2017 01:15 PM

I am off to bed.

Definitely need more discipline with my sleeping routine.

Have fun weekenders)

saoutchik 11-16-2017 02:58 PM

Thanks Midnight, good night.

Some Tina Marie, unbelievably it is 7 years since she died (nothing to do with drugs or alcohol)

Venecia 11-16-2017 03:48 PM

Great opener, MB!

I have, unfortunately, a rather well-developed sense of how to avoid exercise. This time, it may seem a little more warranted as I've hurt my foot. (Ugh.) But it has been pointed out to me that I can still do plenty of activity such as weights.

This is a welcoming place for new friends and familiar ones alike. I noticed on the Newcomers forum there are several congratulatory threads for members celebrating sober anniversaries. Those were inspiring to me when I first got here and hope they are for new folks, too. Check 'em out!

Gilmer 11-16-2017 04:52 PM

I know I was encouraged! :wink3:

BixBees505 11-16-2017 05:17 PM

GILMER!!!
:funjump:

Purplrks3647 11-16-2017 05:57 PM

Thanks for another great topic, MB! I belong to a gym but haven't had that "motivation" for a while, so this week I signed up for a 10k in February....this will be my first marathon-type activity; I figure it's a goal I can work toward and train for! :SteprobL:

MidnightBlue 11-16-2017 06:49 PM

Morning/evening, weekenders.

I woke up after some short of 5 hours of sleep. Couldn't fall asleep again, and decided to get up and see how it will go.

Venecia - So glad to see you! Sorry about your foot. But, as you say, there are still things you can do) No excuses))

Gilmer - More congrats on 4 years!

Purple - 10k marathon is a serious challenge. But you will feel really "high on life" when you conquer it.

It's still raining/snowing outside. Sunshine, please?

Time for coffee.

See you.

Dee74 11-16-2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Healthyandsober (Post 6674620)
Hey guys I have not seen Dee is he okay:)

Been sick, but getting better HAS :)

D

MidnightBlue 11-16-2017 07:18 PM

Get well soon, Dee!

Healthyandsober 11-16-2017 08:15 PM

Im so happy to see you and that you are feeling better Dee!

theVman31 11-16-2017 10:48 PM

Wow very late sign in. But im in :)
Hello to all the weekenders :wave:
Work has been crazy this week.
So crazy I lost a little kilo.
(and I played squash :) )

Time to get my girl off to school.
See you all later.

MidnightBlue 11-16-2017 11:41 PM

Hi, Vman!

Not too late - the weekend is just starting)