SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Motus Est Vita. Weekenders Thread November 16-19 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/418995-motus-est-vita-weekenders-thread-november-16-19-a.html)

BixBees505 11-18-2017 05:53 AM

Morning.
:23:

NorthernLass 11-18-2017 06:19 AM

Hello! I forgot about the weekenders thread! I'm back, but this time with 8 days sobriety! I am so happy to report something positive for once! Halfway through my weekend and I'm going to stay sober all the way through!

BixBees505 11-18-2017 06:34 AM

Welcome back and GREAT for 8!!! Hang with us this weekend, NorthernLass!

Healthyandsober 11-18-2017 08:41 AM

Congrats northenlass, are you Scottish? your user name:)

:brain :run well i am very angry and i have to get it out. by now everyone know my B&*() of a manager gave me a final W. so i am now working around the clock helping her do her job and all that on top of looking for a new job.

here is the reason for my anger: "she is going to think she beat me into submission because i am helping her do her job (she has no clue) and working even on the weekend. she must feel so superior and probably get a promotion for being a great manager and cracking the whip. This woman is an idiot and a bully. I so wish i can quit on the spot and slap her with the computer right on her face."

ahhhh please don't judge me my thinking is screw, a lot of arrogance and misplace ego. If you can just give me some perspective. I would soon have gotten drunk over this but I'm still sober and can't handle my feelings. I also feel humiliated and bullied by that B&*(). (sorry I'm not actually saying the bad word but you get the idea)

Thank you for your help and input I'm going out to run this feelings out of me and to do laundry (another trigger used to do laundry drunk:()

:wzbigcry:

biminiblue 11-18-2017 08:49 AM

H&S, breathe.

I've had awful, bullying managers in the past and it's difficult. I'm glad you're looking for another job. In the meantime can you look at her as an emotionally sick person? She's just doing what her brain tells her to do - even if it seems wrong to you. Like they say in AA, pray for her. Do that every day - pray that she will get all she wants in life, everything that you want for yourself.

If that makes you madder, that's pretty normal, :lol: Keep praying. It works; I know because I do it. I know I can't change them, but I can change my reaction to them.

Ongoing local eagle story: so there are a pair who have been hanging out on our property (I live on a river) and hunting along the river. Yesterday one of them flew right at my window, flew around in tight circles ten feet off the water looking at something in the river. I am of course mesmerized. It finally came back and landed at the river's edge right in front of my window. It took a couple steps into the shallow water and came up with a fish in its talons. Pretty cool. I know they have a nest nearby, some day maybe I'll find it.

SWFEC nest = still no egg. Any minute! It's like watching that giraffe a couple years ago.

Healthyandsober 11-18-2017 09:22 AM

Bimini thank you, ill try that (praying for her) :explode :abc: :eek13:

any other ideas: like hiring a killer eagle for our next meeting or anything bloody along those lines? :kabong: :riphair

Sorry to make fun what can i do i know your advice is the right thing to do but its hard to swallow, and how about if God hear me (in this unfortunate occasion) and she gets everything she wants LOL

Healthyandsober 11-18-2017 09:23 AM

Im veryyyyy immature for my age i just want to put that out there :amen

biminiblue 11-18-2017 09:25 AM

I actually had that happen, H&S. The object of my prayer found love, got married, sold her place at a hugely inflated price, and is blissfully happy.

In turn, I am much happier because she isn't so miserable and venting to all of us - spreading her negativity and depression. AND I am not spending toxic time in my own thoughts throwing venom and hatefulness.

It's a win/win.

This made me laugh:

Originally Posted by Healthyandsober (Post 6677363)

any other ideas: like hiring a killer eagle for our next meeting or anything bloody along those lines? :kabong: :riphair

Healthyandsober 11-18-2017 09:29 AM

:thanks I totally get it ! I should be doing other things with my time :) Im happy i make you laugh :)

Upward2Enlightenment 11-18-2017 09:31 AM

Congratulations to Vman on 100 and Northernlass on 8.

I've been fighting a fever all night. Stay in bed day for me.

MidnightBlue 11-18-2017 09:46 AM

Hi, weekenders.

I am back)

GraciePearl – Welcome to weekenders. It sounds like your routine covers all the bases –weights, cardio and stretching.

Melsober – Congrats on 34 days sober and I hope you will recover soon from the surgery.

Bix – I can analyze-paralyze for an hour about 2 minutes worth task)

Purple – Kudos for making it to the gym! I hear you about being exhausted after work, but exercis-ing often helps to recharge. The body is amazing, it’s our mind we have to convince.

Tekink – “Not worry about a thing” – love your attitude.

Gilmer – Jocko is a former NAVY SEAL commander. He was the leader of Task Unit Bruiser in the Battle of Ramadi in Iraq. So, he knows a thing or two about discipline. I first heard of him about 2 years ago when listened to his interview on Tim Ferris podcast. His quote “Discipline equals freedom” really resonated with me then. Most of my life I looked at discipline as something totali-tarian and imposed on me. But if I don’t discipline myself and channel this “suffering” from my own discipline into achieving my own goals, someone else will discipline me, and chances are high in a way I won’t like. And that will be real suffering.

In case of sobriety – following a plan and staying vigilant requires discipline. But it does make us free.

As for exercising – by no means I was born with “sports gene”. As a child I hated any kind of activ-ity. I started doing horseback riding at 14 just because I loved horses. And I started lifting weights somewhere around 19. It surely took some time for me to develop this “gene”.

Vman – Congrats on 100 days!!!

LiveLikeGold – Have fun with your mop. Jumping rope is one of the most effective and calorie torching exercises. And 10 minutes is a lot to start with.

NorhernLass – Welcome and great job on 8 days!

Healthyandsober – First, so glad you are at 25 days sober! Regarding your job situation. I personally have never been able to develop that kind of zen as to pray for someone who takes her anger off on subordinates. I see it more like everyone has to manage their own toxic waste: everyone has issues, but, please, don’t pollute the environment.

Anyway. You still have control on how to react to the situation. As Echart Tolle says: “Either re-move yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally”. Use this anger to accelerate your efforts to find a better job. Let it motivate your to put extra effort into sending CVs, etc. And, above all, make sure you protect your sobriety by all means necessary.

Bimini – Love your eagles stories!

Upward - Get well soon!

I am having a quiet Saturday – boxing/kickboxing and work. I had a couple of emotional days this week, need to calm down.

See you.

Have a good one)

BigShoe 11-18-2017 09:53 AM

Good morning. Feeling stuck in a holding pattern as mrs.shoe is recovering from brutal hangover. I have been up and ready to go for a while now. Just errands today, nothing special but no work and that’s pretty awesome.

Stay sober weekenders

MidnightBlue 11-18-2017 10:24 AM

Hi, BigShoe.

Some errands may require pretty much of movement)

Here's some music.

BixBees505 11-18-2017 10:41 AM

Very Buddhist/metta this — ‘pray that she will get all she wants in life, everything that you want for yourself‘. I guess all the great traditions have a version. Must be onto something.

I am still drinking coffee and watching the leaves dance and swirl in the gusty wind. Should probably stop with the coffee and eat something.

MidnightBlue 11-18-2017 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by BixBees505 (Post 6677497)
I am still drinking coffee and watching the leaves dance and swirl in the gusty wind.

So poetic, Bix.

Time for bed for me.

Have a great/night, weekenders.

See you)

Purplrks3647 11-18-2017 02:34 PM

All the cat pics + BigShoe's avatar made me think of this....

Say hi to "DJ Kitty" ~ one of the Rays mascots......this comes up on the jumbotron at their games....cracks me up every time! :D
https://s33.postimg.org/v2em127bz/DJ_Kitty.gif

Tetra 11-18-2017 03:47 PM

I work for a consultant surgeon. I am regularly booking people in who have fractured their noses for a procedure we call an "MNB" - that's a "manipulation nasal bones".
I swear on my life, the next person who tells me that I have gained weight will get a punch by me, and I will be booking them in for the above procedure.
I have put on some pounds. It happens. And it's okay. I know this already and I have resolved to do something about it.
(Although I did mention it to a friend of mine who looked at me up and down and said 'well to be fair, you still look fine to me. You still look about average, or even less than average".) Having spent the weekend with my parents, my mother does not have quite the same opinion. All I got this weekend was "what are you eating? Don't tell me more cheese?" I was so annoyed that I started reading a recipe out loud from a newspaper for Baked Camembert and said 'wouldn't this be nice to have over Christmas?"

I am trying to be patient here. I came home with a gift for my mother - a new book I had bought and read and I thought she would enjoy it too. She has been complaining that she has not been feeling well for a few weeks now and my dad has been telling her to go to see a G.P. In fairness she has problems and she is struggling now that my sister has returned to live with her loser ex-husband. But we told her she should go to a doctor and she said "no I know that GP. I don't want to have to tell them all my problems and we will be the talk of the town". There is like a billion GPs on that street, and around the corner. The whole area is just full of doctors, dentists and solicitors. I suggested another one and she was like "no they are too young. I don't want to go to a young doctor".

I do feel sorry for her, really I do but I am beginning to lose patience. She is well able to get her little digs in at me anyway. That is why my parents are now in bed and I am smoking near an open window. (And yes its not something I do regularly and I know I have to quit entirely as my consultant is constantly telling patients that "I have strongly advised this patient to stop smoking as s/he essentially wants to get cancer by continuing to smoke".

Ok so that is my rant over and I can breathe again.

andyh 11-18-2017 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 (Post 6677739)
Say hi to "DJ Kitty" ~ one of the Rays mascots......this comes up on the jumbotron at their games....cracks me up every time! :D
https://s33.postimg.org/v2em127bz/DJ_Kitty.gif

yay! DJ Kitty!

I had to google what sport the Rays play :emb

biminiblue 11-18-2017 04:57 PM

You guys keep talking about cat pics...the only one I've seen in this thread is DJRay.

...and I like him.

Wow, what a beautiful day here! There is snow on the mountains and on the volcanoes. I saw two volcanoes at once, it was so clear. Yellow/gold/orange/red trees everywhere. It just doesn't get any better.

Until you walk to the beach and see three huge salmon leaving their ocean home, and beginning their trip upstream right at the mouth of the creek. Their last trip - traveling from salt to fresh water - fighting gravity and rushing water all the way. Pushing their solid muscle 16 pound bodies through two inches of water, wild Chum salmon. Millions of years of evolution and yet returning to the creek beds where they were born - to spawn and die. So epic, I took videos of them and pictures and stood there with a fly fisherman just with our jaws open. I talked to the ranger and he said he had spotted a redd (a female on a nest) upstream and he figures these were males going up to try to spread their genetics. Really amazing.

Purplrks3647 11-18-2017 05:00 PM

Sorry Andy, I should've been more specific....glad you like him! :D

Wow, Tetra if it's not one thing it's another....Why do people have to be such jerks....leave our Tetra alone already.....Sheesh!