SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Don't Quit Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/100284-dont-quit-part-3-a.html)

Hope 08-24-2006 09:23 AM

Hi gang...

No quitting today..

I had to check in at the library. I just moved into my apartment and then school started back so at the moment, I don't have internet access. I don't know when I'm going to get back online.

My roommate moved in and we've been trying to get the whole living situation straightened out. I've been incredibly busy this past week as I usually am with school.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm ok ... just getting settled in to my new digs. ;-):c031: If I'm not around for a while or too often, it is because of the limited access. I'll check in when I can.

Love and hugs to my wonderful DQ gang!!

Cheryl

Arura 08-24-2006 10:53 AM

Good luck with all the packing n moving and reoganizing that comes with a move. Great to hear from ya sweetie...:) (((Hope)))...xXx...!

Thinking of ya ...:)

wingsfree 08-24-2006 12:02 PM

Hi Don't Quitters...woohooo you're all doing fantastic, keep up the great job.

The days that are a bit harder soon pass don't they? You just gotta stop and really think it over what you really want. Learning to live different isn't so bad either, waking up not sick, blah to that, no regrets, shame, not having to wonder what you did the night before, it's sure saves us all a ton of grief and heartache. I don't want to go back to that, I'm getting more used of the booze being around me all the time, learning to ignore it, that's how it worked when I quit smoking all those years ago, it got so I didn't even notice people smoking around me. Wishing you all the best with the non smoking too, that another beast that loves to sink it's claws into us.
Lordy us humans sure have addictive behaviours don't WE. :C023:

Good to see you all moving forward, yipppppeeee to sobriety and sanity.

Laci, keep coming back, when I see your name light up here woohoo it makes me happy, please hang around more, miss you here.

Janet, how you been? Come say hi, please let us know how you're doing.

Laura I hope you get your computer fixed soon, time someone made a computer like a tv...yeah I know...haha.

Jana sooooooo happy you're back again too, yep we're all walking right along side of you, isn't our beach the most beautiful peaceful place you've ever been?

Kath coooooooeeeee, come say hi, how you doing with your controlled drinking? I'd fail terribly with that one. All the more power to you if it's working out, but we all know how it works.

Ash I seen you mention the I don't care thing.....oh boy how many times have I felt that way, funny how we put ourselves there at time, phew so good when we snap out of it. Life's pretty darn good for all of us...if we all really stopped and thought about how bad things could be....a reminder to myself today when I get into the I don't care mode.

Kevin (lovelyhair) awesome job 15 months plus.

Vic....don't get frustrated about keeping the list going, you've done a great job, maybe it's time to let it go, if it was me working on it every day I'd be getting to many names wrong...why don't we just let everyone say how many days they have in their posts, maybe keep our list going, but not worry about keeping the days straight. Today I couldn't even say how many days I have, I know the last day I drank and that's good enough for me.

To many names here, can't get everyone in.....can say I'm soooooo happy you're all here, pulling strength off people from all over the world, pretty amazing isn't it?
:Val004:

Remember

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8416/dontph6.gif

Nope not quitting today.

FallGirl 08-24-2006 12:14 PM

Things in my life suck right now - but I'M NOT QUITTING TODAY!

Today is day 17!
Thanks to everyone at SR for being here for me!

:Val004:

FallGirl

Sobriety1st 08-24-2006 12:47 PM

Hope things get better Fallgirl, and good for you for NOT QUITTING!! And that goes for me too..NO QUITTING!!!:banana:

NEEDTOBESOBER 08-24-2006 01:20 PM

Fallgirl, just don't drink I am having problems in my life right now too but I am not gonna drink because of it, it is a vicious circle when you drink cause you have problems and then your problems get worse cause you are drinking.

nogard 08-24-2006 02:11 PM

Not quitting today

Congrats on 30 days Arura

ASH 08-24-2006 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Little Missy
(
Today, was just another day. Which I am thankful for. I use to always think because it was MY birthday, the world was suppose to some how be different. Well, it's not. Any now I can be grateful for the well wishes from friends and family, instead of expecting the universe and then some!!

Missy so glad you had a good day and
thanks for the reminder for me about birthdays and most things in life,
It is MY expectations that lead to MY resentment and MY disappointment,
and resentment and disappointment are fab ways to blow off a perfectly good day.

(((Arura))) Way to go with the 30 days, just FANTASTIC!!!!
Let's keep doing the sober dance:HulaDance :HulaDance :HulaDance

(((DQs)))Today is a perfectly good day so no quitting for me!

Little Missy 08-24-2006 04:06 PM

((Arura)) Congratulations on your 30 days!! Fantastic!! :dance1a:

Yep, life sucking, is just part of life!! May those stuggling, have better days soon!! Myself included!!

Lifted to much at work yesterday, so today, I can barely walk. Got a bit of the poor me's and wanting to be "normal" HA!! I'll never be normal, but I can be content. Need to work on some acceptance and tolerance of my situation.

((Gang)) It's so great to have you all with me on this journey!! Hang in there, I need a wheelchair!! Motorized, because it hurts to push with my arms or legs!! Any color would be good. Fast enough to race my kids on their tricycles.

2dayzmuse 08-24-2006 06:22 PM

Cooooooeeeee!!!
That always cracked me up when ever I read that. Where is our Aussie friend?

nogard 08-24-2006 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
That always cracked me up when ever I read that. Where is our Aussie friend?

lol, well I am hear but I think you meant Kath.

Kevin

Dreamz 08-24-2006 08:53 PM

NOT QUITTING TODAY

Today will be my 154th day clean

2dayzmuse 08-24-2006 09:21 PM

Oh, Kevin...Kath is is our Aussie friend who's trademark holler is Cooooeeeee! You are our Aussie friend with the great hair.
:c005:

nogard 08-24-2006 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
Oh, Kevin...Kath is is our Aussie friend who's trademark holler is Cooooeeeee! You are our Aussie friend with the great hair.

great colour too - lol

2dayzmuse 08-24-2006 10:09 PM

I know.

Arura 08-24-2006 11:38 PM

Thank You, ALL so Much for your kind words of sopport, they dont go Missed thats for sure...xXx...!

Well as Ash said it, ...its to good a day to be Quittin, ...! So DQ gang No Quittin today...as its 31days now for me.!
Have a great 24, each and everyone of you...xXx...! :bundance :bundance :bundance

bob123 08-25-2006 12:15 AM

on weeks holiday tomorrow with the family... horrah... err not quitting today..

Luckyv2 08-25-2006 04:16 AM

hadtobethin Day 32
Dreamz
NEEDTOBESOBER Day 25
TexasDawn Day 68
Rusty Zipper
mygirls_mylife Day 67
Scootinbabe Day 32
Bob Day 27
Kath.....
Laci.....
Lee/Justme57 Day 1036
Little Missy Day 756
Sobriety1st Tonya Day 27
Luckyv2/Vic Day 92
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 918
Miss Communicat/MC Day 264
Mrswoogie day 126
Nogard/Kevin Day 462
1_day@_a_time Day 1510
Paper dolls day 265
Phinneas Day 680
Time2Surrender Day 459
True Blue/Janet Day 87
2dayz Day 783
AAFreeportPA day 1036
Alera Day 324
Amymarie DAY 70
Arura Day 31
Ash.....
Bonnie Day 1322
Cathy31 Day 152
Denise/Wingsfree....
JaySee Day 706
Jhana ...hi all, still here and hopefully not drinking today...
Hope4life/Cheryl....Glad to be sober today!
Fall Girl Day 18

Welcome Fall Girl you are now added to the DQ List way to go on your recovery.. What made me think of what you said, I heard last night on a speaker CD this "You have to have sh!t in your life to get to the ice Cream" LOL I must have a lot of ice cream then :c005:

NEEDTOBESOBER 08-25-2006 04:42 AM

not quitting today, 25 days sober, 5 more days and I will be 30 days, I am sooo looking forward to that:banana:
yesterday my 18 yr old asked me how many days I had gone without drinking and i said 24 days and he was so surprised and just the look on his face it was a look like I can't believe it, I told him it was the longest I had gone without drinking and he brought up celebrating by just having a beer or two and I said NO, told him I am not drinking anymore at all-I think he was shocked and then I told him I can't just drink one or two it was an interesting and good conversation between the two of us.

Krys_wyo 08-25-2006 04:48 AM

Me 71 alcohol -71 :banana:
not quiting today