SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November 2019 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/443936-class-november-2019-part-4-a.html)

soberbythesea 12-13-2019 04:42 PM

Way to go on 2 weeks Briansy!

Checking in, day 41. My bf has friends coming to stay in the apartment this weekend. They're supposed to be here at 8 pm, in around 20 minutes. Hoping we can get some dinner then as I'm definitely ready for it. I've already told him if they go out drinking later on tonight (or at any point this weekend), I'm obviously not going to join. What I really hope is that they don't sit around the apartment drinking, because it would be way more awkward to remove myself from that situation. But I would do it if I had to, I'd just say I was tired and go to bed and read. I'm NOT going to sit around and watch them drink for hours. That is not going to happen.

Love to all x. I'll check in later.

venuscat 12-13-2019 04:53 PM

I know it will work out for you dear SBTS....this kind of self-care and planning is the way to go. :) :hug: s xx

soberbythesea 12-13-2019 09:01 PM

Home safely. We had dinner, they went to a bar afterward and I said "it's past my bedtime" and that I'd see them at home. Which was totally true since it was 11:15 pm at that point. I don't know how anyone stays up so late on Friday nights, all I ever want to do is crash from the week.

Going to bed sober and happy.

Thanks Suze :)

Outonthetiles 12-13-2019 11:45 PM

Congrats on 33 days, Jimi! You're doing great!

sbts, glad you got out of there. It sounded like a fairly bad situation when I read that the plan was to go out, so I'm happy you were able to make a graceful exit.

taplow 12-14-2019 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7332530)
Normal lovely people seem to lose their minds when politics becomes a topic here so its a no go area.

Plenty of other places to discuss politics :)

D

Totally agree, though politics is a major part of my life and I think the pressure it's put me under has been a major contributing fact to my drinking. I won't say which new party I represent but I've recently been recently been elected party leader where my duties include formulating policy and making the sandwiches. I'm also responsible for arranging the frequent party meetings and events which I hold in my sister's bungalow when she's working round at the bakery or is on her badminton evening.
We've not managed to make the progress electorally I was hoping for but I think that's because of media bias and my frequent nose bleeds which are probably off putting to the electorate. Also party funding has hit a crisis what with the vet's bills over my Golden Retriever Lazarus. Luckily he is on the mend now.
Of course like in any party there are splits and factions. Barry Houseman who has a small business repairing accordions, who is the radical wing of the party believes in direct action and has been arrested several times for letting political opponents car tyres down and indecently exposing himself at the bus station.
Some of our policies, particularly compulsory gerbils for pensioners and gender realignment to be banned on escalators are gaining ground with the public - particularly with my sister's ex husband who often comes to the meetings where he can also see his kids after the business with the restraining order. I believe it's also important that most of our manifesto is radically different to the major parties in that it's written in green ink.

But other than that, let's make sure politics is banned on Sober Recovery.
Best wishes everyone.

soberbythesea 12-14-2019 06:55 AM

Thanks OOTT :) Even dinner was hard to be honest because every adult was drinking but me, so by the time that was over I was very ready to go home.

Day 42 today, 6 weeks. My bf has various social events during the day I haven't really decided if I'm going to go to or not... a child's birthday party and some art thing. Not big drinking events I don't think, but ehhh. Having houseguests is such a social demand, I wouldn't mind getting out of those things and spending some time by myself. Our guests are going other places so we don't have to worry about hanging out with them during the day. Another dinner at 6 and then I will have made it through this weekend. I imagine they'll drink more after dinner tonight, but I'll just have to do whatever it takes to remove myself from the situation.

This houseguest challenge won't be a problem for another two months since we're moving back to my apartment tomorrow while his gets renovated. Nobody can stay in my apartment, it's too small :)

Everyone have a great day!

venuscat 12-14-2019 07:31 AM

You are so busy love.....you BF even more maybe! :)
I think a day for you instead of all of that will be lovely. :hug:

And you are brilliant taplow....but cheeky. :) :hug: s

taplow 12-14-2019 08:10 AM

venuscat, you make me go all bashful.

venuscat 12-14-2019 08:16 AM

....gender realignment to be banned on escalators....

:biggrin:

You and Lazarus need a writing gig....bet he has a lot to contribute.
For one thing, going about his dog life being called Lazarus must have created some resentments...all of the other dogs thinking that Laz saw himself as superior, like some kind of saint or something. ;)

:hug: s

taplow 12-14-2019 08:41 AM

I've been wanting to get rid of Lazarus for ages. It doesn't matter how many times the vet puts him to sleep he keeps coming back.

taplow 12-14-2019 12:30 PM

Oh yes, and today marks 8 weeks of sobriety for me. I feel like one of those lame people who the Lord raiseth up and helpeth to walketh again. And lo, I feel that I shall now enter the bathroom and cleaneth my teeth for I am tired and weary Lord and I wisheth to taketh my self unto my bed Lord. I wisheth it but first oh Lord I wisheth to stop all the ething at the end of words I am doing here for Oh Lord it is causingeth the phlegm to congregate in my mouth.
Doesn't it seem cruel that the word lisp has an S in it?
Anyway, today is 8 weeks for me.

Keep up the good work everybody.

Best wishes.

JimiC 12-14-2019 02:02 PM

Taplow, congrats on 8 weeks (again lol). I'm not sure how to respond to some of your posts, but they sure are entertaining.

I tucked the ol' Mustang away for the winter today and put up our Christmas tree. Not much exciting going on, but that's fine. Have a great weekend friends!

Misc72 12-14-2019 02:25 PM

HI to all!! My son's dad let him throw a rager last night. I have an inside spy and got video footage of the beer chuggin, shots and all the liquor galore!! I feel so alienated from my son's life. I even toyed around with the idea of letting his friends party at my home. Please let me know your thoughts? I feel like I'm losing him. I texted with his dad about my concerns but he thinks it's all normal even though he is a quite the everyday drinker himself. My son is home now but in his room with the door shut. Even though I know all the details he hasn't squeeked a word about the party.

Briansy 12-14-2019 02:36 PM

Anyone know how to post pics here?

venuscat 12-14-2019 02:43 PM

Here is Dee's link :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...our-posts.html

And

this is my add, the one I use. :) xx

https://imgur.com/

Dee74 12-14-2019 03:02 PM

Hi Joy

I understand that you feel like you're losing your son and its hard to see him having a good time at his dads but I don;t think allowing him to throw ragers at your house would be good for you.

I don't think it would help your relationship with him much either. You can't buy love.

I know it's hard right now but I really believe that in time your son will grow (and grow up) to appreciate you and your love :)

D

venuscat 12-14-2019 03:04 PM

Sigh Joy....I think we see the dangers that people without alcohol issues don't see.
I think that you need to just keep doing you, being the example your son can follow. :hug: ❤️

And yes.....letting his friends party at your house is not a good idea I would think.... :hug: s

trudgingagain 12-14-2019 03:24 PM

Tough day today...kids are hard.....just surviving them...

venuscat 12-14-2019 03:44 PM

Kids.....

https://i.imgur.com/Dys1ctG.gif

Kidding.....mostly. :)
You got this honey. :hug: xx

trudgingagain 12-14-2019 04:30 PM

I'm trying, but they always seem to have "excuses". Guess my years of on and off
d rinkinking has left MORE than a mark. My girls are 31 and 34. Neither speaks to me except my younger, and that is only when she wants money. My oldest won't speak to me until I am "clean and sober' (I don't use drugs BTW.) Have never even seen my grandson...who is 3 now......so hurtful, which is why we are going out of the country for Xmas. Trying to get everything together by the 19th ....when we leave...tough!