SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November 2019 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/443936-class-november-2019-part-4-a.html)

venuscat 12-12-2019 11:08 AM

Oh wow, the Caribbean......just sigh. :) :) :hug: s

Outonthetiles 12-12-2019 11:14 AM

congrats on 54 days, taplow, well done.
Briansy, sorry about the sink
First world problems indeed! But problems nevertheless. Like the time the badge came off the trunk of my BMW. True story. I was devastated.
trudgingagain, we were in socal last month and it was a little cold. Last Thanksgiving we were there and it was in the 90s or maybe even a 100 for one or two days. That was great. I love hot weather.

Willow00 12-12-2019 12:41 PM

Ooh the Caribbean :) it’s on my bucket list, sigh. Trudging, you must be getting excited:)

Briansy you must be getting excited about your trip too! I hope you get the sink fixed without too much expense.

Congratulations on 40 days SBTS :)
And 54 days Taplow :)
I’m 30 days today :)

Tiles I like hot weather too, luckily for me, because it’s hot most of the time here.

Suze I’m glad you’ve got good heating in your house, you’d need it. And everyone in the northern hemisphere I’m guessing....
We used to have a little heater in the lounge room when I was growing up. It was much colder in the south in winter. I remember huddling around it as a kid trying to get warm. We don’t have any heating in the house at all here but it rarely gets below 20. In the winter it very occasionally gets down to 10 or 15 overnight but it’s still 25 in the day.

I’m off to work, no time for a walk this morning, but I will go later today. I didn’t run yesterday, the tide was right in and there was only soft sand and driftwood to navigate, so it was walking room only lol

See you all later : wavey:

Briansy 12-12-2019 12:53 PM

So excited for the trip, Willow. I'm going with a girl whose sister died of alcoholism last year and she is really behind me in my efforts to stop. No temptation will be in my way just amazing scenery and nice walks and meals. Perfect.

Sink will probably cost me 250 pounds. Got a guy coming while I'm away. Between that, my earphones and gloves, I'm really on a streak of misfortune. But all in all things are on the up.

You're early to rise and early to bed I see. A bit like me. Have a nice day!

trudgingagain 12-12-2019 02:06 PM

Can't wait! Starting to get bills paid,computer fixed,and give love to all! We have been to most of the islands...even rented a sailboat for my husband's 50th....We love it there, but this will be the first time to the Turks and Caicos!

soberbythesea 12-12-2019 07:35 PM

Sorry about the sink Briansy but sounds like it won't be too terrible in the end.

Trudging, glad you got the computer sorted. Jealous of the Caribbean trip!

Suze, stay warm :)

I've nailed this day:

Finished report before 9 am: check
Court appearance: check
Office work: check
Afternoon meeting: check
Holiday shopping: check
Cooked dinner: check

And even found time to watch some Great British Baking Show.

Plus, no drinking :)

The last thing on my list: get to bed in the next hour or so. Night everyone :) x Day 40 in the books.

Briansy 12-12-2019 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by soberbythesea (Post 7331910)
Sorry about the sink Briansy but sounds like it won't be too terrible in the end.

Trudging, glad you got the computer sorted. Jealous of the Caribbean trip!

Suze, stay warm :)

I've nailed this day:

Finished report before 9 am: check
Court appearance: check
Office work: check
Afternoon meeting: check
Holiday shopping: check
Cooked dinner: check

And even found time to watch some Great British Baking Show.

Plus, no drinking :)

The last thing on my list: get to bed in the next hour or so. Night everyone :) x Day 40 in the books.

Awesome! Love days like that! Seems there have been more good days than not around here lately. Guess we all need to remember that when times are tough.

taplow 12-13-2019 03:08 AM

It's quiet on here. I watched the start of the election results last night. But I carried on watching and now have only slept for an hour or two - not good for an epileptic. I hate having fits in public, but I know they're coming though and can usually go and hide somewhere.
I looked on here last night, I thought it might be busy with people from different time zones, but no one was about. I'm on the train now about to eat a banana to give me happy energy.
Feeling a whole lot better than I have done lately.
Keep on keeping on.

Best wishes.

Dee74 12-13-2019 03:10 AM

I was probably around Tap - you can always give me a shout out :)

D

taplow 12-13-2019 03:13 AM

That's nice to know Dee. I remember writing something but not posting it because it didn't seem to have any point. But when has that ever bothered me?

Briansy 12-13-2019 03:45 AM

Oh man, Taplow. I watched a lot of it too and it made for grim viewing. I'm concerned!! Sorry - political post - ignore if you disagree!

I turned it off at midnight though cos I'm on my holidays this afternoon and I am gonna forget all of the stuff I can't control and give that 100%! Also, lack of sleep is a big trigger for me...

venuscat 12-13-2019 06:19 AM

It isn't about agreeing or not love ~ we are not allowed to discuss politics on SR, is all. :) :hug:

Briansy 12-13-2019 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7332196)
It isn't about agreeing or not love ~ we are not allowed to discuss politics on SR, is all. :) :hug:

Understood!

venuscat 12-13-2019 06:31 AM

And someone has two weeks today!!!! Yay Briansy!!! Look at you go. :) :hug: s xx

trudgingagain 12-13-2019 07:05 AM

Up early today....I have a dental appt. and then going out to lunch...

Oh! And then Xmas cards, packing, balance bank statement, etc. etc

Briansy 12-13-2019 07:25 AM

Just had an amazing Chinese lunch. Duck pancakes, prawn toast, beef skewers, wontons and amazing Singapore shrimp noodles. Now on the train to the airport, flying to Italy in 2 hours woohoo!

Thanks Venus! 2 weeks feels like a bit of momentum now. Just stay vigilant, stay checking in here and all will be well. Hope you're all well today.

taplow 12-13-2019 08:11 AM

Yes best not to discuss politics, religion or Scottish country dancing. They'll always make people fall out. And politics in the UK has been vicious the past few years, like a civil war; which is why I'd never say which side I'm on, if any.
Hope you have a good holiday Briansy. It's great you got a good sober run up to it.
Hi venuscat, nice to see your inscrutible cat's face staring through me. Just got home and I'm going to the kitchen to get some more happy energy - vodka, lager, wine etc just doesn't do it for me.

JimiC 12-13-2019 03:59 PM

Hey friends, quick check in. Rocking along at day 33!

Briansy 12-13-2019 04:21 PM

Arrived in our place on Lake Como and tucked up in bed - sleeping meds taken, all in all a solid day. Into day 15. Roll on tomorrow! Night all

Dee74 12-13-2019 04:21 PM

Normal lovely people seem to lose their minds when politics becomes a topic here so its a no go area.

Plenty of other places to discuss politics :)

D