SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November 2019 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/443936-class-november-2019-part-4-a.html)

Briansy 12-11-2019 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by taplow (Post 7330507)
Hello everyone. I haven't posted the last few days but I have been looking in. Thanks for the interest everyone. I've not been feeling too good but there's no great calamity to report. I just feel like I can't be bothered. I'm not depressed though. I've just got no energy.
Today I thought I'd actually do something and go out meet one of my few remaining friends. I got to the station and the trains were cancelled - not the first time. I came home and wrote an angry email to the company, probably went a bit over the top. That's been my day.
I'm not drinking though - day 60 I think - and still part of this class and will be more active. I wish you all well. Everyone seems very positive. I also hope Citrus is okay.
Best wishes.

Good to hear you're still on track, Taplow. Is that the Thameslink you travel in on? Disaster of a line. That email will be instantly deleted too I would have thought! Understood on the blah feeling. Hope it lifts soon.

taplow 12-11-2019 04:50 AM

Northern Rail. I told them that a drug addled ****** could run their service better. Still, it's given me something real to moan about.

venuscat 12-11-2019 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Briansy (Post 7330403)
Where are you based STS? V early where you are or are you in the UK?

Our lovely girl is in NY. Yep, that was early for sure!!! :)

Hi Briansy. :hug: s xx ❤️

venuscat 12-11-2019 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by taplow (Post 7330507)
Hello everyone. I haven't posted the last few days but I have been looking in. Thanks for the interest everyone. I've not been feeling too good but there's no great calamity to report. I just feel like I can't be bothered. I'm not depressed though. I've just got no energy.
Today I thought I'd actually do something and go out meet one of my few remaining friends. I got to the station and the trains were cancelled - not the first time. I came home and wrote an angry email to the company, probably went a bit over the top. That's been my day.
I'm not drinking though - day 60 I think - and still part of this class and will be more active. I wish you all well. Everyone seems very positive. I also hope Citrus is okay.
Best wishes.

That's how I felt when I was depressed. Exactly that way. Just saying.

And how is you diet love....are you eating good stuff to give you happy energy? :)

Really glad to see you. :hug: :hug: xx

Briansy 12-11-2019 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7330593)
Our lovely girl is in NY. Yep, that was early for sure!!! :)

Hi Briansy. :hug: s xx ❤️

Hello! If only someone could give me all those hugs and kisses in real life!

venuscat 12-11-2019 06:49 AM

It will happen.
You are a wonderful guy Brian. :) :hug:

taplow 12-11-2019 06:50 AM

And it's lovely to see you venuscat. Yes I eat well. It's generally good stuff. I'm a vegetarian but it doesn't neccesarily follow that it would be healthy though I'm not too bad.
I like the idea of happy energy.

venuscat 12-11-2019 07:01 AM

Fruit gives you happy energy.....maybe add freshly squeezed OJ to your mornings, and some berries and banana on top of your cereal....I love wheat bix in winter (Aussie way of spelling it) with hot milk and banana.

In all seriousness, the more colour we add to our diet, the better the vitamins and yes....it is happy-making.

I have SO much colour in my kitchen.....bright red and green and orange and blue....tons of plants....all happy-making. :)

trudgingagain 12-11-2019 07:26 AM

Just here to say good morning! I don't know if I shared this already, but I bought a new computer yesterday. Shoot...2 computer in 6 months....drinking hass cost me a lot of peripheral expenses:headbange

Misc72 12-11-2019 09:37 AM

Topic of the day: Co-parenting: Parent A Foster's a total drinking environment in all ways. Parent B Foster's a sober environment in all ways.

How to handle yourself emotionally when the (almost adult) children are drawn to the drinking environment over the sober environment?

Maybe to stand back and let to the almost grown children find their own way. Be there for them should they get in too deep and always live by example.

venuscat 12-11-2019 09:43 AM

Pretty sure you gave yourself the best possible advice there dear Joy. :hug: s

And add....lean on my friends when it gets too much. We are ALL here. :hug: s xx

Outonthetiles 12-11-2019 09:52 AM

Mrs. Tiles teaches kids with behavioral issues, and they are out of control this year, lots of abusive name calling and terrible behavior. Police were called to her school a couple weeks ago due to a picture a kid posted of a gun in a backpack. Anyway, she's talking about applying to Alaska Airlines, so I think she's going to work on her application over Christmas.

venuscat 12-11-2019 09:57 AM

Gosh Tiles, that sounds horrendously stressful for your wife. :hug: s

Outonthetiles 12-11-2019 10:43 AM

You won't believe the names some of em call her, and the kids can't be disciplined.

Outonthetiles 12-11-2019 10:45 AM

I told her when she gets hired by Alaska I'm going to call her waitress in the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBYvQXj21CU

venuscat 12-11-2019 11:40 AM

And you are still sleeping in the same room?
You are lucky man.....he he he. ;) :hug: s

Willow00 12-11-2019 12:17 PM

Hi Taplow :wavey:
I’d have been really annoyed about that too, especially as it meant missing out on meeting up with a friend. 60 days is great! Are you going to reward your sobriety with a treat? A nonalcoholic treat of course lol. I’ve been doing that to give me something to look forward to. Planning rewards for sobriety milestones. I figure the money I save can go towards making me feel happy. I’ve had a haircut, a pedicure and a massage for my weekly milestones so far.
Today is day 29 for me, I just made 4 weeks and tomorrow is 30 days which for me feels like a significant achievement, so I’m going to the shops to buy myself something nice today or tomorrow to celebrate. I’m not sure what yet, but perhaps a book or a piece of clothing or shoes, something that talks to me and says take me home :)
I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Briansy 12-11-2019 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7330859)
Hi Taplow :wavey:
I’d have been really annoyed about that too, especially as it meant missing out on meeting up with a friend. 60 days is great! Are you going to reward your sobriety with a treat? A nonalcoholic treat of course lol. I’ve been doing that to give me something to look forward to. Planning rewards for sobriety milestones. I figure the money I save can go towards making me feel happy. I’ve had a haircut, a pedicure and a massage for my weekly milestones so far.
Today is day 29 for me, I just made 4 weeks and tomorrow is 30 days which for me feels like a significant achievement, so I’m going to the shops to buy myself something nice today or tomorrow to celebrate. I’m not sure what yet, but perhaps a book or a piece of clothing or shoes, something that talks to me and says take me home :)
I hope you’re feeling better soon.

I like this - might follow your lead on a monthly basis...

Willow00 12-11-2019 12:33 PM

Goodness, I just realised there’s a whole page of posts I didn’t see. I thought it had been really quiet overnight in class while I slept! :lmao

Good morning everyone :wavey:

Joy that’s such a hard position to be in. As Suze said, you gave yourself the best advice. I’m facing a similar situation at Christmas. I’ll be the only sober one among many drinkers, plus a few nearly adults, a couple who have drank a bit, one who has never had a drink. I will be open that I don’t think drinking is a good idea because of the damage it does and how it becomes addictive and hard to stop, but I won’t be on my high horse about it. I’ll just try to show that fun can be had without alcohol, by having fun myself while drinking my flavoured sparkling water ;) and also be supportive as needed

Tiles, a job on Alaskan airlines sounds way better than dealing with that kind of stress. Wishing Mrs Tiles so much luck for a new job. That would be very exciting. As a little girl I always wanted to be an air hostess, it was my dream job for so many years.

Glad you got a new computer Trudging. This one will last a lot longer because it won’t have to try unsuccessfully to swim in wine. My things are a lot safer when I’m not drinking. I ruined a lot of things with red wine in the past, but not any more :)

Here’s another hug for you Briansy :Val004:

Willow00 12-11-2019 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Briansy (Post 7330869)
I like this - might follow your lead on a monthly basis...

I just did the weekly rewards for the first month as incentive to keep going and get the days under my belt. Now I’m approaching a month, I’ll switch to monthly rewards :)