SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 64 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/433701-one-year-over-part-64-a.html)

Gilmer 12-04-2018 05:06 PM

Hope you manage to drift right off, Wolfie!

Itchy 12-04-2018 05:11 PM

Eye Lasik surgery today. Prescribed two Valium and sleep for five hours with my eye guard on. No pain, last one. My doc didn't want me moving without finishing. Next week he's setting up my follow up as last appt so my wife can drive his new Tesla Model 3 to see what ours will be like after we're settled. He's helping get her on board.

Andy agreed with Toots and Sassy. Sometimes the kindnesses can be too much.

Mags,
Good for you. Give me a week so I'm not in the middle of drops and eye protectors. No pain just trying to do each thing at the right time. Eye compresses, there kinds of drops on a particular schedule

venuscat 12-04-2018 05:18 PM

So much love Itchy :hug:
Hope you are not in any pain and have a good sleep tonight. :hug: ♥

Dee74 12-04-2018 05:41 PM

Hope all goes well Itchy :)

D

Mags1 12-04-2018 08:53 PM

All the best itchy

Soberwolf 12-04-2018 09:42 PM

All the best with the laser surgery Itch

Mags1 12-04-2018 10:56 PM

Morning overs

Hubby found out he can take the redundancy at work if he wishes. He has decided to accept it.:eek:

Have a good Wednesday my friends xx

Treerat66 12-04-2018 11:38 PM

Good morning Overs.

Itchy hope the surgery goes okay.

Have a good day everyone.

tootsl1 12-05-2018 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 7069633)
Morning overs

Hubby found out he can take the redundancy at work if he wishes. He has decided to accept it.:eek:

Have a good Wednesday my friends xx

Well if that doesn't get you finding stuff to do outside the house I don't know what will!! :lmao

Hope you feel better soon Itchy

Gilmer 12-05-2018 12:53 AM

Congratulations, Mags!

Good luck, Itchy (though I am sure it won’t be a matter of luck—you tend to be very precise in managing your health care recoveries).”

I’m glad that this surgery is the final one—a satisfactory one!

PhoenixJ 12-05-2018 01:35 AM

hope goes well Itch
My surgery ow Thursday next week

Saskia 12-05-2018 01:51 AM

Itchy, sending good wishes for your eye surgery! I had almost forgotten all the eye drops my eye doc insisted on with my cataract surgery - about two months worth. I just saw a Tesla Model 3 last week - one of our residents. Impressive.

Mags, what Toots said :lmao

PJ, is this a very difficult surgery? How long do the docs say recovery will take?

:grouphug:

FBL 12-05-2018 03:48 AM

"Eye" hope your surgery went well, Itch.

PJ, best wishes to you, too.

Let's see now, what day is it again???

PhoenixJ 12-05-2018 04:04 AM

Sassy it is corrective hand surgery. The extent of treatment is to release skin around my little finger (side) and palm to reduce contractures. 2 'Z- plasty' procedures. Maybe just 2 simple z cuts in 2 places and an overnight stay in hospital. Maybe just with an arm block.
BUT- it could mean up t a week in hospital, with grafts. They seem to change the minds in the burns unit- so I think it is wait and see at the time. I hope just an arm block- G/A's concern me- considering how fried my brain was after all the gen anaesth I had 3y ago.

stargazer016 12-05-2018 05:03 AM

Congrats Mags!

Best wishes for the surgery Itchy!

Enjoy the day everyone!

Mags1 12-05-2018 08:19 PM

Thanks for the video Fbl. Always makes me smile!

Toots, Sassy, thanks! I think!:lmao. This is a whole new ball game for us, I thought I might get a year or so off on my own before hubby retired! :eek:

Went to reiki therapy yesterday and after the therapy she said I have something looking after me. A big white figure enveloped her and guided her hands! I know it sounds strange but she hadn’t had that with me before. :dunno:

You’ll have to excuse me if I sound a bit soppy and sentimental. Nowadays,well the last few years actually, my ‘wall’ has gone and I’m human, for once in my life.

Hope it’s a wonderful Thursday for everyone.:grouphug:

Gilmer 12-05-2018 10:49 PM

I know what you mean about getting choked up easily when your wall is down.

Treerat66 12-05-2018 11:27 PM

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.

tootsl1 12-06-2018 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover (Post 7069722)
"Eye" hope your surgery went well, Itch.

Don't give up the day job FBL! :lmao

Sorry to hear the op was postponed Peej, you must have psyched yourself up.

I'm sure you will soon be back to 'normal' Itchy!

Mags, I know what you mean, I'm a ball of mush half the time!

FBL 12-06-2018 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by tootsl1 (Post 7070273)
Don't give up the day job FBL! :lmao

You think that's bad, just be thankful I've never shared the Mel Famey story. :)

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!