SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2015 Part 14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/433602-class-april-2015-part-14-a.html)

stargazer016 03-26-2019 05:46 AM

Glad things went well this weekend Amp!

It's nice to be able to socialize without having drinking fears ruin the occasion. Indeed, heavy drinking does look bad from the outside.

Take care guys!

Incontrol15 03-27-2019 08:30 AM

Cool Amp! Ever wonder how old you gotta be before you realize things rarely work out the way you think they will? For me... It was 50. Lol

Last day in the smokies. Been awesome so far. Yesterday we hiked mountains for 5hrs. It was on one trail but we peaked 3 mountains.

We also followed the Appalachian trail for 3miles for part of that trip. That was awesome because I grew up close to that trail towards the end of it in Maine.

This time I was towards the beginning of it. Both were over the top beautiful.

stargazer016 03-28-2019 05:39 AM

Glad you are having a great trip Inc! How warm is it there?

Have a good day guys!

stargazer016 04-02-2019 05:47 AM

Just realized we rolled into April. It's our big four year anniversary month. So happy to be over the madness that was my drinking life. My life totally revolved around drinking. Thinking about drinking, drinking, dealing with the aftereffects of drinking. Repeating the same cycle daily. And I never realized that there was another way until four years ago.

Have a good day all!

amp123 04-02-2019 06:26 AM

I hear that SG!! Congratulations guys! You continue to be in anchor in this sober storm! Not so stormy these days but still good to know we're there for each other!

stargazer016 04-03-2019 07:54 AM

Agreed!!

stargazer016 04-05-2019 11:46 PM

Inc, if your company still is having trouble hiring, I would suggest using an online job portal. My company, which is a tech dinosaur, finally did so and we hired, or over hired enough staff to fill all hours within six weeks. This is after struggling for years. It allows us to cull the best of the online apps and not waste our time interviewing folks who are not obvious matches.

Enjoy your painting class this weekend Amp!

Weather is bouncing back to cooler temps and winter coat once again. It's never dull this time of year. Not really looking forward to lawn cutting every week shortly, but will appreciate the spring warm up and no snow.

Have a good weekend guys!

stargazer016 04-11-2019 07:03 AM

Just dropping by to say hi.

Do any of you do anything to mark another year sober? Four years is pretty big, but I don't have any plans to do anything special. Being sober has always been a personal journey for me, both the troubles and the triumphs.

Have a good one guys!

amp123 04-11-2019 09:48 AM

I seem to remember that I justified buying myself a new guitar once as a sobriety celebration, but being sober would seem to be reward.enough in its own right! Have you guys passed the big 4 yet? I didn't get sober till the end of the month. Maybe the 25th. Amazed I can't remember the exact day now!

stargazer016 04-12-2019 05:55 AM

Well, I guess I justified buying a guitar Amp! I totally agree. Not drinking is its own reward.

I put my sobriety date in my profile to help me remember and I have a phone app that counts days and money saved that I check every month or two. I hit mine next Wednesday.

What is your latest painting that you are working on?

Inc, how are you doing after getting back from your vacation?

Have a good day!

OMD 04-15-2019 01:56 PM

Hi all,
Just wanted to swing by and wish you all a happy anniversary. You too Dee, since I seem to remember April was your month too (maybe I have that wrong).

I am so happy the band is still together :) Glad to hear it has all worked out for you all!

As you noticed I had to disappear for a bit while I worked a few things out and I didn’t really feel like posting for a long time. Anyway I am doing better, and I very much appreciated the well wishes I received. I even managed to achieve some of the life goals I had set myself, and I am 100% a better dad than I used to be, that’s for sure. So I guess it’s all good - thank you for your support and your friendship.

Best wishes

OMD

amp123 04-15-2019 02:00 PM

Hey OMD! So good to hear from you! Congratulations on 4 years. It's been a long road and we've all had to find our own way. Glad you're well and resolving your issues.

SG. I just painted a scene of Amsterdam from a photo I took when I was there a few years ago. Canals, boats, bikes...the works! Enjoyed that one!

Dee74 04-15-2019 04:43 PM

tis indeed my month too OMD - welcome back :)

D

Incontrol15 04-16-2019 04:54 AM

Hmm.. Looks like my last post a few days ago didn't get submitted. Must have neglected to hit submit.

Amp, my date is 4/20. This year 4/20 falls on a Saturday, it was a Monday in 2015. The Saturday before I actually quit, I made a long introduction into SR. I poured my heart out while taking responsibility for things that I didn't want to face.

After a significant amount of time working on my intro, something when wrong and it didn't post. I'm sure it was a user error, but I was so mad and frustrated, that I drank heavily thst night.

Sunday, I woke up feeling like trash and sipped alcohol through the day to keep withdrawals in check, but I didn't get "drunk".

My head was screwed on right Monday and committed to day 1 again and made a new post thst actually went through!

Here I am nearly 4years later and still no alcohol in my life. THANK GOD.

stargazer016 04-16-2019 07:03 AM

OMD, good to see you. Thanks for stopping in! The four year road has certainly had its ups and downs for all of us. It most certainly is never a straight line success story defeating a lifetime addiction. Being a better Dad was and is a huge reason why I had to quit drinking. I am happy that you are in a better place and hope you drop in here more often!

Amp, that sounds lovely. I don't know if I will ever make it to Europe, but Holland in the spring would be a dream of mine. Can't wait to see the final product!

Inc, I was like you in the beginning. I lurked on SR when I quit in April for months before joining officially. I too had a long rambling intro that I couldn't figure out where to post on the site and I thought I submitted it but apparently not. I waited months to try again though I was on SR daily. All's well that ends well!

Cauli, I hope you stop by this month and say hi!

Have a good day team April!

stargazer016 04-17-2019 05:48 AM

It's officially four years for me this morning!

amp123 04-17-2019 08:55 AM

Heartiest congratulations SG!!

stargazer016 04-17-2019 03:57 PM

Thanks Amp!

I thought I would just maybe kick back a bit today and spend some time with the guitar, but ended up cleaning a bathroom and doing laundry. Just another day but I am smiling inside.

Dee74 04-17-2019 04:48 PM

congratulations stargazer!

D

stargazer016 04-18-2019 06:09 AM

Thanks so much Dee!