SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2015 Part 14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/433602-class-april-2015-part-14-a.html)

Dee74 10-29-2018 03:08 PM

Class of April 2015 Part 14

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-13-a-20.html

D

stargazer016 10-29-2018 05:23 PM

Thank you Dee and thanks for the new thread!

Keep up guys, lol!

stargazer016 11-01-2018 11:45 PM

Hey laggers, catch up! Who used to say that all the time?

Have a good weekend everyone!

amp123 11-02-2018 02:36 AM

I think it was Zab who used to say that? Really nice to hear from Cauliflower! Great to hear about the condo. What an exciting project!

I've been off the radar the last couple of weeks. Sometimes happens with this site that I get signed out of my account and stop getting notifications. Out of sight is out of mind for me, especially when I'm busy! Yesterday was a holiday here for All Souls. In Spain it is a big day for remembering your loved ones. We made the long 5 hour drive to pay respects to my father-in-law. He died May 22nd 2015 when I was just a month sober and a couple of times the stress attached to that was almost enough to tip.me back into the spiral. It was a very close run thing looking back on it. I wonder what would have become of me had I not had the resolve to get through that.

Anyway, nice to be away for a few days, even if there isn't much to do up here.

Take care all!

amp123 11-02-2018 02:37 AM

I think it was Zab who used to say that? Really nice to hear from Cauliflower! Great to hear about the condo. What an exciting project!

I've been off the radar the last couple of weeks. Sometimes happens with this site that I get signed out of my account and stop getting notifications. Out of sight is out of mind for me, especially when I'm busy! Yesterday was a holiday here for All Souls. In Spain it is a big day for remembering your loved ones. We made the long 5 hour drive to pay respects to my father-in-law. He died May 22nd 2015 when I was just a month sober and a couple of times the stress attached to that was almost enough to tip.me back into the spiral. It was a very close run thing looking back on it. I wonder what would have become of me had I not had the resolve to get through that.

Anyway, nice to be away for a few days, even if there isn't much to do up here.

Take care all!

stargazer016 11-03-2018 12:15 AM

Glad you found the links again Amp. It was getting lonely here.

That's right, it was Zab. I wonder how his business fared and if he got back on the wagon once again?

I am glad that you are enjoying a few days off. I don't know how we would have reacted if we drank a month in. So many folks here have gone back out for years after just a drink and that thought scares me enough to take any future drinking ideas off the table. Yesterday, I realized that we all hit three and a half years last month. The time has really flown by looking back on it. Boy, I remember how some of those early days were pure torture riding out the waves minute by minute.

I am in the midst of an early stretch of work days. It's tough getting up at 2:30 am but I like getting home earlier too. We are still so shorthanded at work, so I am exhausted by the end of the work day.

Enjoy your weekend and safe travels back!

stargazer016 11-09-2018 04:35 PM

Hey Inc, where you at?

I hit 1300 days a couple of days ago. One hundred and eighty six weeks without drinking. Who would have thought?

Best wishes for a good weekend everyone!

amp123 11-09-2018 04:46 PM

Congrats on 1300 days SG. That's a long time. Great strength of commitment!

Friday night here. I went out with my wife to a musical. Stage version of Dirty Dancing which was very well done. I don't think I'd seen it since the late eighties when it came out! A long road since then!!! My wife is leaving oo Sunday to do a two week course in the UK so we wanted to do something together before she left. Turned out to be a nice choice :)

Where are you Inc? I was thinking about you today. I'm reading a book called unlimited power and it's interesting on NLP and choosing your beliefs. Up your street I think :)

stargazer016 11-14-2018 09:34 AM

Amp, wondering if you have seen "Bohemian Rhapsody" yet and what your thoughts are about it? Just saw it yesterday. Will withhold comments until later.

amp123 11-14-2018 11:23 AM

I'm looking for an opportunity to see it but I don't want to see it dubbed into Spanish so I may have to wait. People tell me it's pretty amazing!

Dee74 11-14-2018 03:27 PM

hey guys :)

D

amp123 11-14-2018 10:04 PM

Hey Dee! How's tricks?

Dee74 11-15-2018 01:45 AM

all good here thanks Amp - hope it is for you too?

D

amp123 11-15-2018 01:54 AM

All good thanks Dee :)

stargazer016 11-15-2018 03:33 AM

Are you still getting to play music a lot Dee?

Have you wrapped up the new album yet Amp?

Looking at our first snow/icy roads day here. I would love to switch houses with either of you for the next few months!

Dee74 11-15-2018 03:05 PM

Yeah - as much as I want really SG

playing out of town tomorrow, leaving today - so that will be a nice trip, a break, and event :)

D
D

amp123 11-15-2018 09:54 PM

Sounds good Dee. I'm struggling to get the album out. Can't seem to organise the rehearsal sessions for the launch. Everyone has such busy lives. I've promised myself not to stress about it and after a failed attempt to get a timeline sorted over the course of which I ruffled a few feathers, I've taken the decision to make myself available but to stop teytry to drive that particular train. Shame because all the hard work is done, but it's a kind of liberation when you let go too!

Enjoy the trip, Dee :) Drive safe in those icy conditions, SG!

stargazer016 11-24-2018 02:03 AM

Hi Amp!

Brexit is all over the news even here in the US. Without getting political, how will this affect your citizenship? Seems like quite a mess is developing there because no one anticipated all the consequences from the voters decision to leave the EU.

amp123 11-24-2018 02:10 AM

I've been very disappointed by my country's decision to take an isolationist stance, particularly when this has lead to a surge in hate crime and increasingly extreme attitudes. I've begun the process of applying for Spanish citizenship while I am still a European citizen so that I can keep my options open.

If I had to pick an adjective to deacrdes my feelings it would either be disillusioned or disappointed. I grew up in the European Union .I took advantage of study grants to study abroad. I met my wife because who had come to the UK on a similar study program and I now live in her country with bilingual European children. I feel like my rights are being removed and part of my identity is being is being devalued.

I know this isn't a place for politics, but, just on a personal level it's pretty hard.

Hope you guys are well. Any news on Inc?

stargazer016 11-25-2018 02:02 AM

Sounds like you are making a sound decision Amp. We are suffering the consequences of extreme behavior and attitudes being accepted as normal here now also. It's quite disheartening. Hopefully, someone can light a candle to chase the darkness, as Dee says.

I have not heard a peep from Inc. I checked a while back, and he hadn't been logged into SR since early October. Hopefully, he is just pulling an OMD and continuing on his way, sans SR. I have to see if I might have his number lying around here somewhere.

Have a good day all!