SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt. 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/397141-venuscats-thread-unexpected-bump-road-pt-2-a.html)

venuscat 09-25-2016 03:13 PM

Hello Dharma love.....Bill said it well....I'm over the moon. But grounded, and organised. I need to be, because this all actually got a whole lot bigger.

Watch this space. ;)

wpainterw 09-25-2016 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6148952)

A dancing flea? What next?:c007::explode

Bill.

wpainterw 09-25-2016 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6148956)
Hello Dharma love.....Bill said it well....I'm over the moon. But grounded, and organised. I need to be, because this all actually got a whole lot bigger.

Watch this space. ;)

Hello Suze: Would you send us all a picture of yourself "over the moon" and at the same time "grounded"? Did you mean that you are "over on the moon" and that you are standing there on the ground? It seems to be going a long distance just to look for an AA meeting! You're right that you have to be "organized" to do all that!

Bill.

venuscat 09-25-2016 06:44 PM

Not sure what any of that means Bill.....not to worry.

This is so important to me ~ I have come a long way to find the joy in sobriety I knew was there.

When I started this thread, I asked for help....I still need that help.
This is a brave and terrifying journey at the same time...and I am going to do every step of it with the support of my SR buddies. ♥

wpainterw 09-25-2016 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6149159)
Not sure what any of that means Bill.....not to worry.

This is so important to me ~ I have come a long way to find the joy in sobriety I knew was there.

When I started this thread, I asked for help....I still need that help.
This is a brave and terrifying journey at the same time...and I am going to do every step of it with the support of my SR buddies. ♥

Suze: I'm quite crazy in my old age. Old man making wise cracks. What I meant was that going to the moon would be a long way to go to attend an AA meeting.You certainly aren't on the moon. (cf. the song, "Everyone's Gone to the Moon", a favorite of mine, except that these days it's everything's gone to the "cloud") I certainly intended no reference to your wonderful trip to the U.S., which I heartily endorse. You have my complete support and encouragement in that respect. Hope you see lots of buddies, SR or otherwise. Let me know of anything I can do to speed you on your way!:c011:
Hugs and every good wish to you!

Bill.

Gilmer 09-26-2016 02:07 AM

Suze, I gather from something you mentioned earlier that you have revised your itinerary to be more efficient geographically.

How are you doing with plans for transportation from visit to visit?

That must be a daunting task--but where there's a will there's a way! :)

Soberwolf 09-26-2016 02:37 AM

Happy for you Suze when are you leaving for America x

venuscat 09-26-2016 02:42 AM

Two weeks and three days wolfie love...

I hope....today has been hard.
I'm not doing well emotionally right now.

This too shall pass, right?

Gilmer 09-26-2016 02:47 AM

(((((((Suze)))))))

I hope you feel better after a good nght's sleep.

venuscat 09-26-2016 02:48 AM

Thank you love...I hope so too.

wpainterw 09-26-2016 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6149416)
Two weeks and three days wolfie love...

I hope....today has been hard.
I'm not doing well emotionally right now.

This too shall pass, right?

Dear Suze! Why not tell your troubles to your wonderful cat? I tell my dog everything. I am confident that your cat will start to purr to say she (he?) loves you. If not, try catnip. Is that a "mind altering substance"? I gave a friend here some catnip for her two Maine Coon Cats and she keeps it in the frig away from them because they tend to fight over it. Catnip is legal for recreational use in Massachusetts. A cat is not sent to jail for possessing catnip. I think I sent you my cat poem. If not, I can do that if it would cheer you up.

Fondly, Bill.

wpainterw 09-26-2016 04:22 AM

Dear Suze:
I guess I "blotted my copybook" (as the Brit. toffs say) again since I recall that your cat passed away awhile back. I've lost several pets and the only way i could deal with that was to get another dog. Actually I may have said something along those lines to you awhile back. It shows how age inevitably affects memory. Sorry that I am failing in that regard.
So it's too soon to your trip to get another cat. Can you borrow one? "Rent" one (e.g. take it "on approval" and kennel it when you are away)? Visit a neighbor or friend who has one.?
In default of achieving a catharsis along those lines (sorry!) I have found that it always helps to tell others, not necessarily here on SR but perhaps a friend or other person in recovery. Better not to isolate, bottle it up, etc.
And remember the song from the musical "Annie": "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya' tomorrow! You're always a step away!" May your tomorrows always be brighter and may the wind be always at your back!

Fondly, Bill.

EternalNow 09-26-2016 12:52 PM

We all love you Venus

SoberLeigh 09-26-2016 02:19 PM

((((Suze, sweetie))))).

aussieblue 09-26-2016 02:47 PM

:hug:

venuscat 09-26-2016 03:16 PM

Thank you so very much guys ~ A good night's sleep helped ~ I am a touch overwhelmed.
However, I am also 1 year and 11 months sober today

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I could get here.....and I am going to celebrate 2 years sober in the US. :)

SoberLeigh 09-26-2016 03:21 PM

^^^^^ :bbj::nyy::bbj:

Way to go, Suze!!!!!

2ndhandrose 09-26-2016 03:51 PM

:HulaDance :c011: :scoregood : :grouphug: :HulaDance

Congratulations on 1 Year and 11 Months, Suze!!!!!!!!!

Dee74 09-26-2016 03:55 PM

Congrats Suze :)

D

Soberpotamus 09-26-2016 04:04 PM

Awesome, Suze :)