SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt. 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/397141-venuscats-thread-unexpected-bump-road-pt-2-a.html)

venuscat 10-08-2016 02:20 AM

I think he may be the world's second biggest PITA....just saying. ;) :) :hug:

venuscat 10-08-2016 03:20 AM

I have just been told that I'm at most only the third or fourth biggest PITA.
Oh thank God. :lmao

Gilmer 10-08-2016 05:11 AM

It is my son's lifetime vocation to be a particular PITA to me, his dear, long-suffering mother.

wpainterw 10-08-2016 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6165323)
My oldest son is an Aquarian, and he is the world's biggest PITA!

Of course, I love him dearly: he was actually smiling and laughing at just one week old! Not gas: a real, repeatable response to stimulus!

I went to the musical and have no idea what an Aquarian is. Also I don't know what a PITA is. I certainly did not smile or laugh when I was born. Loneliness is the reward of old age. A stranger in a forgotten land.

W.

venuscat 10-08-2016 06:02 AM

I love astrology Bill....I love trying to guess what star signs people are; I often get it right. I know a lot of people think it's all hooey, but Monet planted his gardens by the stars and look how that turned out. :)

A PITA is a pain the you-know-what. I can be pretty good at that. ;) :hug: ♥

SoberLeigh 10-08-2016 06:18 AM

Five days, Suze!!!!!!!! :bbj:

wpainterw 10-08-2016 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6165514)
I love astrology Bill....I love trying to guess what star signs people are; I often get it right. I know a lot of people think it's all hooey, but Monet planted his gardens by the stars and look how that turned out. :)

O.K. I'm Taurus, the Bull. Just a big bunch of Bull. They called me a PITA when I complained about a non English Speaking cleaning woman in my cardiac rehab waking me up at 5:30 a.m. by entangling her vacuum cleaner cord with my Foley and almost pulling the Foley out of - well ask any M.D. That would have been a PITA Olympic style. This happened shortly after i was prematurely released from a Boston hospital with a bladder infection giving me horrendous spasms (about 9.5 on a 1-10 scale) on the transporter trip to Cape Cod during rush hour. One spasm every twenty minutes. At one point in the journey we took a detour over a bumpy road Yes, that was indeed a PITA. I found it helped to chew on a towel.
A few minutes after being born i started reading Schopenhauer. I sensed company. He did a beautiful job of being a PITA.

Bill.

wpainterw 10-08-2016 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6165514)

I gather that Nancy Reagan was an astrology fan and passed some of her insights to Ronald who found them useful in developing foreign policy.
Me, I'm an alchemist and am currently working on ways to turn gold into lead. Gold, as you know, is one of the world's most dangerous substances, encouraging greed and combat. Apart from that it has little utility. Lead is needed to block the radioactivity which may result from nuclear wars over gold.
"The fault, Dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in our selves,,," (J. Caesar- Billy Shakespeare)

Bill.

LillianGish 10-08-2016 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6165352)
I have just been told that I'm at most only the third or fourth biggest PITA. Oh thank God. :lmao

A significant accomplishment nonetheless. Congratulations!!!! A bronze medal winner...

Are all of Aquarians PITAs or does it depend on the time of day of the birth? 😀

I'm a Scorpio, and no I don't dig revenge. Sometimes it's just necessary. I'm so kidding. I just read a Scorpio profile and it didn't sound anything like me haha.

Gilmer 10-08-2016 03:24 PM

I think I'm a good bit like my sign's description, except for one huge thing: I'm apparently supposed to be athletic, and I am absolutely NOT!

Way, way off!

wpainterw 10-08-2016 03:36 PM

Astrology, as I understand it, assumes that all babies born "under" the influence of a constellation ascendant in a particular earth month have certain characteristics. These constellations are light years away. The theory that they somehow "influence" births in a particular earth month does not take into account their distance and the maximum speed of light. Thus Einstein's equations, now verified in these respects, are inconsistent with the assumptions on which astrology depends.
What has this to do with sobriety? Only that Nancy Reagan was right, that is for an alcoholic "Just say no" to that first drink, regardless of what constellation you were "born in."

W

wpainterw 10-08-2016 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6166072)
I think I'm a good bit like my sign's description, except for one huge thing: I'm apparently supposed to be athletic, and I am absolutely NOT!

Way, way off!

I was born under the sign of the wimpy nerd. And i'm proud of it.

W.

Gilmer 10-08-2016 03:38 PM

As they say, "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!"

EDIT: we posted at the same time! By no means did I mean to agree that you are, in fact, a wimpy nerd!

Soberpotamus 10-08-2016 03:38 PM

If I am a Leo, I am an understated or introverted one. Maybe my natural tendencies to be in the limelight were circumscribed. Terrible stage fright, in the past, anyway.

venuscat 10-08-2016 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 6165940)
A significant accomplishment nonetheless. Congratulations!!!! A bronze medal winner...

Are all of Aquarians PITAs or does it depend on the time of day of the birth? 😀

I'm a Scorpio, and no I don't dig revenge. Sometimes it's just necessary. I'm so kidding. I just read a Scorpio profile and it didn't sound anything like me haha.

Yep, because Scorpions scare me love, and you are a sweetheart.....
except for the revenge is necessary part, hmmm..... ;)

venuscat 10-08-2016 03:46 PM

Darling Bill, I think you may have been born under the star that gives us strength, wisdom and compassion....just saying. :) :hug:

Ah Jennie darling....a Leo.....it seems I get along famously with Leos.... :) :) :hug: ♥

wpainterw 10-08-2016 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6166112)
Darling Bill, I think you may have been born under the star that gives us strength, wisdom and compassion....just saying. :) :hug:

Ah Jennie darling....a Leo.....it seems I get along famously with Leos.... :) :) :hug: ♥

I
It's nice that everyone is a 'darling" around here. And "beautiful"! (I see Gish is a "sweetheart" Any difference? Is anyone on this thread a "darling sweetheart"?) I was an ugly baby, very unhappy at the age of ten minutes. A real screamer. Probably leaking away at both ends. And as I grew I became distinctly unbeautiful. Nerd like and wimp like with an enormous head (at home I'd put that head into a five foot high plastic nightmare head in the attic, which grownups occasionally wore for masquerade parties. In the summer it was hot up there and the head was covered with dust. )
At school I survived politically by buttering up the class jocks who were also at the top of the class. One formerly close childhood friend didn't fall for that and would scream obscenities at me across the street. I didn't challenge him since I knew the jock buddies who always accompanied him would beat me up. Hurt my enormous head!
I'm Still a nerd, wimpy, wear my hair short (so there!), My dog loves me (I think, but after all he grew up in Washington, D.C He's easily bribed and may be lying.)

Here's wimping at you, kid!

Nerd and Loving It! (Also treehugging crybaby Democrat!)

wpainterw 10-08-2016 11:01 PM

P.S. Now that the Presidential Candidates seem to be talking mostly about women, I thought it appropriate to go on record with my own preferences. All my life I have admired "The Girl from ipanema, 'walkinnnng" down the beach in Bikini and floppy hair! Yes, at least one of you might be interested to know that I have always admired floppy hair! My younger son's fiancee (they plan a 20 year "engagement") works in an advertising agency and one of her clients is always looking for hair models. She says these come largely from Brazil and is unsure whether the floppy hair center of gravity (yes it takes gravity, all that swinging around!) is ipanema, but maybe it is. My son has a son who is around 25 years old and always looking for a job. The best job for him would be the agency's beach rep. in Brazil. Get up shortly before lunch. After a luncheon cocktail spend the afternoon stalking the beaches and measuring floppiness, leering and whistling sotto voce now and then.. Then a date with the winner in the evening. The agency selects a number of candidates to be flown to New York. If a lady makes the cut her fortune is made, as long as the hair doesn't fall out. Disappointed candidates are shipped back to the beaches Business Class.
Wish I were in Brazil. Sounds better than those topless beaches in Martinique with toothless, obese eighty year olds! No offense intended if any of you are in that category. I don't really have Jimmy Carter teeth myself! I lost fifty pounds several years ago but still don't resemble Lytton Strachey or Ichabod Crane.

Bill.

venuscat 10-09-2016 12:56 AM

So, after all of the health concerns and the fear of undertaking what is turning about to be the adventure of a lifetime, I am overjoyed to say....I feel good.

I am ready.

I might arrive tired and a little less bushy-tailed than I had hoped, but I have 7 and a half weeks to unwind and have a FANTASTIC time....so really, I am not complaining one little bit. :)

Oh, and by 'ready' I do not mean I have packed or cleaned my flat or even bought my toiletry bag yet, but that's OK....there is a light in my eyes and a smile on my face that I haven't seen since I was 16 years old. I remember this girl, and I LIKE this girl.

4 days to go. ♥

venuscat 10-09-2016 01:31 AM

This is the bracelet I bought myself last week....

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N...o/2016%2B-%2B1

It says: DREAM & BLIEVE.