SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Support Part 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/390411-class-march-2016-support-part-12-a.html)

CaseyW 04-29-2016 11:03 AM

Just found out my neighbors are going to be out of town for the next three days. I'm sure they're taking their kids with them, hope they find a spot in their car for that darn bird too!

Applekat 04-29-2016 11:12 AM

I hope the bird isn't staying lol, I've heard that when my dog is home alone lately but the basement workers are here, the dog barks and howls the whole time until we are home!

KiKi0615 04-29-2016 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5929201)
I HAVE to watch the Wizard of Oz! I live close to the airport, and the wind has made it impossible to land here. Several planes have had to turn around. And our trampoline is now in our neighbor's yard. It's windy in Hell.

Have you NEVER seen the Wizard of Oz Fabeka??? :-0

KiKi0615 04-29-2016 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 5929211)
Well tooth is out and guess what I can't work tonight...woo-hoo for a surprise three day weekend!! Just picking up some tea and some soup and heading home. I will be sober today.

I'm glad your tooth came out fine Sam. Take care of yourself. I will be sober today too.

KiKi0615 04-29-2016 11:28 AM

Thank you so much for your prayers Lofty! I need them! I'm praying for you too!

KiKi0615 04-29-2016 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by rah555 (Post 5929285)
Checking in day 2. Trying to think positive thoughts, that I can overcome this. You all inspire me. You show me that it can be done, that I am not alone.

I know exactly how you feel rah. Sometimes it all seems like a bad dream, doesn't it? We can do this but we may have to add some more tools to our recovery. Today I added journaling and AA. I think it will help. Xo

KiKi0615 04-29-2016 11:31 AM

Have a great day Casey & I hope you make some big bucks at work tonight. :-)

KiKi0615 04-29-2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Applekat (Post 5929382)
"But it was too late. The doctor’s mouth was moving again, her words crisp and precise. “You are suffering from alcoholic poisoning. On Sunday your husband found you unconscious at home and he called an ambulance. If he hadn’t acted as quickly as he did, you wouldn’t be here now. The quantities of alcohol we washed out of your stomach were more than enough to kill you." ... “I did this to myself,” she said, closing her eyes. The doctor’s voice was very serious. Almost cold. “Are you conscious of the danger you placed yourself in? Last Sunday afternoon you drank almost a full litre bottle of gin. I’d like you to tell me why.” " Excerpt from Ice and a Slice by Della Galton

Wow! Scary!

KiKi0615 04-29-2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 5929391)
Just found out my neighbors are going to be out of town for the next three days. I'm sure they're taking their kids with them, hope they find a spot in their car for that darn bird too!

Thank God! I pray they take that damn bird! Lol

KiKi0615 04-29-2016 11:33 AM

By the way...sorry I respond individually to everyone....I can only use SR on my iphone. It's a pain but better than nothing!

Fabela 04-29-2016 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 5929416)
Have you NEVER seen the Wizard of Oz Fabeka??? :-0

....no.... :guilty:

samantha14 04-29-2016 12:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I will get better at responding to everyone in the next day or so. Just spending the afternoon watching Netflix and eating soft foods. Lol. Really looking forward to these days off as I can use them to refocus and get back to where I need to be. :)

Fabela 04-29-2016 12:43 PM

I don't know what I want to do, guys. One part of me says QUIT NOW; another part says MODERATION; while the third part says **** YOU, LOSER, I WILL DESTROY YOU. These days, the latter part wins. I have been feeling good for too long, and that can't continue. Next Saturday is my son's confirmation and since I want to reduce the stress I'm feeling about this, I'm doing what I can to prepare food that can be frozen. So, I've baked rolls, and now I'm making the casserole. The thing is, that what I'm preparing is boeuf bourguignon, and that contains wine. OK, so I went to the Special Liquor Store to buy one bottle of red wine, but instead I ended up with a whole box. Guess what I'm doing now.

Applekat 04-29-2016 12:54 PM

Fabela - I think all of us here know we can't moderate. Quitting is what's best for us!! AV is cunning, talking you into beef bourg blah blah (can't spell that ha!) and needing wine. Why not another dish? Lasagna!! I don't feel like you have actually reduced your stress in this way.

I hope you get rid of the box and cuddle up with Wizard of Oz and popcorn instead! That sounds heavenly. I might run that by my kids lol!

rah555 04-29-2016 12:54 PM

Feeling quite low today. This is taking my spirit, my confidence. I am feeling sooo sad right now.

Applekat 04-29-2016 01:00 PM

Rah what about different weekend plans? Is an NBA game really what you want to do? Maybe it is! Too many temptations though? I think you've got to be selfish in the early days. What would be relaxing and temptation free for you?

Applekat 04-29-2016 01:10 PM

Wicked Witch of the West: "And now, my beauties, something with poison in it, I think. With poison in it, but attractive to the eye, and soothing to the smell. [cackles]"

Thanks to today's discussions - I have this little gem in my toolbox. Alcohol is a pretty POISON. Proof even in the Wizard of Oz movie!

POISON!

CaseyW 04-29-2016 01:12 PM

Please dump the wine right now, Fabela. Pick a different dish to cook that doesn't involve you having to buy and use booze. The wine is only going to make your other issues worse and probably cause even more additional problems. It's part of the problem, not the solution.

Rah555, it really does get better with time. Alcohol is a depressant, an addictive one. Give your body and mind a chance to really heal. 2 days is wonderful, but it takes a while to come back from years of us abusing alcohol. Remember HALT--hungry, angry, lonely, tired. The easiest one of those to fix but also to miss is H. Are you eating enough today? Are you staying hydrated?

You both are in my thoughts tonight.

CaseyW 04-29-2016 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 5929434)
By the way...sorry I respond individually to everyone....I can only use SR on my iphone. It's a pain but better than nothing!

Never apologize for this, KiKi! I love your individual responses, they're a big part of this class.

rah555 04-29-2016 01:17 PM

Thanks for the support! I am still not feeling well from my last binge so I do not think I will be tempted to drink today. Tomorrow I have errands to run in the morning. I made plans for my husband and I to go to a strawberry festival in the next town over. They have live music from 5-9 and fireworks at 9:30. It will be good to get outside and do something different.

I am feeling scared. I think my issue has progressed further to a point that I simply cannot ignore. I am feeling low right now. I have much to be thankful for...my husband, my children and granddaughter, my parents, my sister, a nice apartment and a good job. I need to focus on these things.