SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Support Part 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/390411-class-march-2016-support-part-12-a.html)

Thirteenth 05-04-2016 06:50 PM

Well Applekat, my class was even smaller than yours. A far cry from the 400-500 in middle school. Clearly I had changed schools by then...not necessarily of my own volition.

Kind of interesting to wonder whether a big or small class is better. Smaller of course gives you more access to teachers in theory, but also more chances to be ostracized as you know everyone. But a large class gives you more people to be ostracized by and potentially less one on one class time should you need it. Neither was an issue for me but I do wonder.

Mish 05-04-2016 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 5938291)
Every little bit helps, Bobbieka. Thank you.

So I'm color blind and I can't tell which one is the little red square on the choose your font color thing here, so I just have to pick a random color and then change the actual name of the color to "Red."

I'm colourblind too (Aussie's spell colour differently also!) It doesn't help at work when our duress codes are colours - stuffed up once when an alarm was accidently pressed by one of my tellers. Security Op's rang for an all clear and I gave them the wrong colour...I thought it was Orange but it was Pink. So the cops rocked up a couple of minutes later thinking we'd been held up!! Sooooo embarrassing.

Bobbieka 05-04-2016 06:59 PM

That's funny and unusual, Mish. Women aren't usually colorblind.

Mish 05-04-2016 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 5938670)
You're not randomly chiming in, immri--you are swooping in and out of the conversation like the masked superhero you are!

Or dropping in like a rabid koala. Grr!

Hahahahaha I almost just fell off my chair laughing. Man I love this class. My colleagues keep on looking at me strangely when I keep randomly bursting out into laughter.

CaseyW 05-04-2016 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 5938737)

I told all of you yesterday that Mish is unique just like me and immri! We are all three unique together. Wait, does that make any sense? If we're all three uniquely the same, then how can we be unique at all... My brain hurts.

Originally Posted by Mish (Post 5938745)
Hahahahaha I almost just fell off my chair laughing. Man I love this class. My colleagues keep on looking at me strangely when I keep randomly bursting out into laughter.

Glad I could make you laugh.

How are those sardines and beets, Bobbieka?

Mish 05-04-2016 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 5938737)

I read once that women can't be colour blind. I don't know if that's true (maybe I should google it) but I have issues with Red/orange/pink and blue/green. Mum is the same too.

In school I was a complete nerd. Lanky with bucked teeth and freckles. I loved school though....straight A student...but sadly no friends. I was a little unusual also...didn't quite see things the way other kids did and was always saying dumb stuff. I still think I'm odd....my husband says he loves how quirky I am. It makes all sorts to make the world go around and I really love the person I am even if I'm a little odd.....It's taken quite a while though.

CaseyW 05-04-2016 07:18 PM

Purple is the big one I have trouble with though there are definite red-green and even some other issues there as well. I'm not sure that I've ever really seen purple. I mean I can tell that there's something different about purple things as compared to many blue things but the purple things still look basically blue to me. They're just a different blue to me.

Bobbieka 05-04-2016 07:20 PM

Have trouble seeing you as lanky w/ bucked teeth. You're so pretty.

CaseyW 05-04-2016 07:21 PM

Even though I've seen Mish's picture before and agree with you, Bobbieka, I've got to say that this is always how I picture Mish first:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...r-big-play.png

Your cat must have inherited some of your quirkiness, Mish. That might be my favorite personal picture I've ever seen shared here on SR.

Bobbieka 05-04-2016 07:26 PM

Lol

Mish 05-04-2016 07:27 PM

Hahahaha burst out laughing at work again.

CaseyW 05-04-2016 08:41 PM

Just finished up reading in a hot bath for most of the last hour. Very relaxing. Going to go to bed early tonight. Thanks to all of you for keeping me entertained today, for helping me achieve my lifelong goal that I only discovered today of hitting the 30 page mark here, and, most importantly, for keeping me sober one more day. Day 53 is in the books and this is now officially the third longest run of sobriety I've had since I first started drinking in 1999.

If you're struggling tonight, get in here and ask for help or post an SOS thread on the Newcomers forum. You're not alone. And remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.

immri 05-04-2016 08:50 PM

Love reading this thread when I'm bored at work, you guys are funny. I've been told to cut back on the caffeine so I'm only now at 1pm having my first coffee, completely unheard of. Don't get an actual lunch break though so I hope it fills the spot for a while!!
Agh back to work

immri 05-04-2016 08:54 PM

Goodnight Casey! Great post. And jealous of your bath

Keets 05-04-2016 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 5938469)
Keets! I see your name. How are you doing today?

I'm doing ok, I have been having some bad headaches the last few days. Been a lot going on but I'm still here ending day37 now.

Dee74 05-04-2016 09:14 PM

I will catch up on posts later but for now - time for a new thread :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-13-a.html

D