SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2014 Part 22 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/370776-class-april-2014-part-22-a.html)

freein14 09-27-2015 11:07 PM

UP, I'm so sorry to hear that your step mum is in hospital. I hope the medical team are able to help her through this. What ever happens though, doesnt mean you have to give up on your self. There's another option. Stay clean. This would be a good time to see a doctor yourself - don't risk undoing all your hard work.
<3

freein14 09-28-2015 12:40 AM

Tops, we had a great view of the lunar eclipse last night. The sky was clear, just after 3am, the moon looked like a copper orb in the sky, quite magical. Orion looked fabulous too. I hung out of the bedroom window with my binoculars for a better view, but it was good with the naked eye anyway.

Sorry you had cloud there, that's so annoying, and happens here a lot (i can't remember the last time it was clear enough to see a meteor shower or comet).

I'm encouraged to dust off my telescope.

MariahGayle 09-28-2015 07:31 AM

We drove out to farm land to view eclipse, clear skies & something to see, but was this am while taking Son to the bus....spectacular moon at day break over the mountains & mist of fog raising off the fields....thanking God for this beautiful day.

Thinking of you Up

freein14 09-28-2015 08:57 AM

Isn't it weird to imagine us all from various parts on the planet looking up at the same moon, at the same space time, although different clock times-an invisible connection- spooky.

The night's sky is mind blowing.

UP, hope things seem better today, I'm thinking of you too <3

obosob 09-28-2015 06:18 PM

:grouphug:
UP...... How you going mate...???

:grouphug:

MariahGayle 09-28-2015 08:09 PM

Hope to hear from you Up...have been thinking of you & hope that you are doing OK. I am praying for you & your Step Mom.

topspin 09-29-2015 02:30 AM

Just drove all night north to Tenn. !

It's a little early before the grandkids get up, ( or their folks )

.... feel lucky to have found this 24 hour coffee shop w/ wifi.

Will head out before daylight Fri. to make it home before work . John Lennon's cover of Ben E. King's Stand by me seems to sound better and better as the years roll on.

Only mention it because it's playing right now !?

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tues.

MariahGayle 09-29-2015 07:46 AM

Enjoy your time with the kiddos TS:)

freein14 09-29-2015 08:55 AM

Have a great time away Tops. When do you think you'll be back on your bike again?

I did some exercise yesterday, and I've been having difficulty moving my legs today - I think I might have been a bit too enthusiastic. Baby steps.

It seems to take such a long time to get back in to shape, but no time at all to lose it again.

Hope everyone's doing well today.

MariahGayle 09-29-2015 09:49 AM

I'm with you there Freein...I've really slacked off on my program & started back this week......Feeling the Burn:) I'm looking at it as I have 8 months until spring to get back into shape:)

freein14 09-29-2015 10:45 AM

Oh, that's great Mariah, I might start posting my daily and weekly goals by way of accountability. Knowing that you're on a similar journey will help no end.

Do you have a particular plan, or is it a bit ad hoc (like mine!) I just want to feel more energetic and I know getting more exercise will help with that. I'm thinking of getting back to running - that's always helped in the past. I just need to actually do it!

Upward2Enlightenment 09-29-2015 05:29 PM

Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here and still clean.
I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it really does mean a lot to me.

Saw this on Facebook, thought maybe it was free. ;)

I'll check back in later.

izzy8 09-29-2015 05:32 PM

Up! I'm worried about you!!

Please check in soon.

Obo, you're cracking me up. But I understand. I have a very little teaching job that's busting my chops. Kids!! Gotta love em ...

Free- hope you had a great time. I'm ready for another "holiday"- and it's only sept.

Mariah, how is the new job opportunity going?

Rocks- ???

Tops- so happy to hear from you :)

Love me some fools!

❤️

Dee74 09-29-2015 05:33 PM

really good to hear from you UP :)

D

MariahGayle 09-29-2015 08:02 PM

Great to hear Up! made my day. I know you being there for your step Mom will mean A lot to her.

Yes Freein, that would be great...I could use the encouragement too. My plan is too keep in simple but consistent. 4 evenings a week for 30 minutes & 4-5 of cardio walking 2 miles with some hills while the weather is too then elliptical or virtual bike...lap swimming when I don't feel up to the weights.

Hey Izzy Girl....I bet you are a great teAcher....challenging I'm sure! Someone suggested not to long ago that I be a Nanny... I laughed at them. I called to check about job status today....DT came back clean (yay) & they were waiting for background check to come back & to talk to past employers ( I talked to both of them after that & they said they would be available to talk to them) so looks like I am a working girl again as of 2nd week in Oct. excited & nervous...this is an excellent opportunity for me...will mean a commute, which may be stressful @ times, especially during the winter. I am going to have to talk to Sons before I start & ask that they really clean up after themselves & help me out more around here.

long day here....Sons Bday. Today........youngest ones is day after tomorrow & I am Hosting baby shower on Saturday for my Daughter in Law. Time for some tea.

obosob 09-29-2015 08:19 PM

:wavey:

This is great, it's like the gang is getting back together.... with Tops, Izzy and Mariah back on deck I feel a new surge of sober enthusiasm.

Up: good stuff mate! :You_Rock_

I found a bike by the bin. A GT mountain bike, the tyres were flat, a lock through the front wheel, gears were ruined.... So, always up for a bargain... I walked it down to the local bike repair lady, and for about 50 bucks she fixed it up. Now I love the thing. Going riding is the best. My wife and I are taking turns riding around the hills here, great fun. Exercise is absolutely imperative for me....

Hope all are well!

stay tuned...........

topspin 09-29-2015 09:40 PM

The job sounds exciting Mariah, ....
And so does your workout schedule !

What a windfall to have the off road GT tuned up and getting double use Obo,....that's about the best value ever. $50 (and divided by two riders a yooge bonus ) is about what I had to shell out for new tires 6 months ago !

Went for a short hilly group ride today in Tenn ,.... I'll try to get back out there on my bike next week. Maybe try to focus on super easy rides for a month or so. I may have my expectations too high , and it's off putting. Try to ease into a more serious commitment to hard workouts down the road a bit, and just count these early rides as fun warm-ups. ( if that makes sense )

Freein,... running is kind of a distant memory with this knee replacement,.......it was a blessing when I could lace up and go. Always loved the simplicity of the motion, and never once had to push to get a great workout. Cycling takes more focus ( imo, anywy ),....and the downside of the intermittent crash !?!

My daughter had a nasty one a couple months ago,...what a scar on her elbow !?
Looks like she was in a knife fight

Thanks for checking in Up.

How's that sweet horse Izzy ?
:)

MariahGayle 09-29-2015 09:49 PM

Awesome on the bike find Obo....definitely a great way to get some exercise & feel the breeze:) I agree, very nice to see some of the gang back! Night Peeps

bike ride in the hills of Tennessee sounds great TS! enjoy!

freein14 09-29-2015 11:47 PM

UP, thanks sooo much for posting. So happy for you that you've stayed the course through such a tricky time :You_Rock_

That skipping video made me smile - I can see why you might have thought it was me, easy mistake to make ! (hmmmm). Seriously, it's inspired me to get my rope out later for a 30 minute interval practice. That'll be the kick start I need to get my act together again.

freein14 09-30-2015 08:51 AM

Mariah, you are definitely on the case with your exercise routine. I need to schedule something in each day. I used to cycle to work every day, and that kept me tip top, but I need the car for my job now so I have to be a bit more organised to fit it in.

Obo, great find on the bike!

Tops, presumably you have to take things slow regarding your knee, but it must feel great to be back in the saddle again.

I'm off to do my skipping intervals now.