SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2014 Part 9 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/332965-class-april-2014-part-9-a.html)

Adnamaeel 05-23-2014 05:18 PM

I'm glad to see you Rockstonic. No need to feel sheepish about anything. No one is here to judge you, it's all about support.

areyoukittenme 05-23-2014 05:19 PM

Sorry about your mom, Sol. :(

izzy8 05-23-2014 05:50 PM

Glad you're back roc :).

So sorry about your mom, soli.

topspin 05-23-2014 06:14 PM

Soli, ..my prayers go out to your mom and your family

Upward2Enlightenment 05-23-2014 06:22 PM

I hope you can find some comfort in this Soliloquy

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...psa7153a73.jpg

Applekat 05-23-2014 06:41 PM

Welcome back rocks, stick around!
Headed to bed shortly and will try to check in tomorrow after the race. Feeling ick tonight and hoping I'm not coming down with a bug!

Upward2Enlightenment 05-23-2014 06:42 PM

Night kat.

3777 05-23-2014 07:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
April fools .. All of us i.. AppleKat, Kitten, UP, D, Mariah, Soli, ST, rocks..everyone. We are all together here his weekend!
Here is a picture of my happy place. Very calming and healing. :)
Hope the photos attached (fingers crossed)

Upward2Enlightenment 05-23-2014 07:12 PM

That is beautiful 3777, I was going to ask where that is but the northwest might be a long drive.

Adnamaeel 05-23-2014 07:23 PM

Is that Siver Falls, 3777? It's beautiful wherever it is.

MariahGayle 05-23-2014 07:42 PM

Solilo....so sorry about your Mom. Thinking of you & glad to see you back here. Be good to yourself.

Have a great race tomorrow Kat - Hope you are feeling better when you get some rest

Thanks for pics 3777....beautiful place. Adna, I went to girl scout camp at Silver Falls. Yes I was a Brownie & a Girl Scout....Thanks for reminding me Freein to be kind to that girl.

Off to clean the garage with the teen:twak:.....going to get some work out of him while he has plans on heading out to the big events tomorrow. Check back in later

topspin 05-23-2014 07:43 PM

Tear it up in the morning Kat !!
You're our class runnin' fool

3777, . what a beautiful spot. That your pooch ?

You, Mariah and Adna must be neighbors.

Swung by the AA clubhouse tonight toward the end of my long ( for me ) ride this afternoon. They have one of the coldest water fountains around, and my water bottle was empty.

It got better from there, because my old state appointed counselor happened to be there, and invited me in to the meeting in progress. Since it was a small meeting, I guess most everyone but a few of us had spoken already, so eventually someone asked me to say something. It was a blessing to share some funny things about the events leading up to my very first meeting , ....and basically how getting sober had given me a new freedom I never knew about back then.

A young guy from Blacksburg Va, spoke to me after the meeting, and he spoke of the almost textbook (as in the Big Book ) nature of my early journey into AA. I'd never thought of it , in those terms. Cool folks.
Afterwards , my old counselor, Joanne and I stood around talking about all kinds of things; ... her new exercise program and new diet, her upcoming trip to Santiago, Chile where she'll be staying with some folks she met on a cruise, who befriended her because she acted as their interpreter the whole week. For a woman in her 70's , Joanne is a piece of work.

A great inspiration to see where long term sobriety can lead.

Made it home just before dark, and apparently a good sized tree was dead, because half of it is blocking the dirt road at a 45* angle coming in here from the paved road. So I guess with a good nights sleep, I won't have to wonder what to do first thing Saturday morning. Time for some tree surgery.

It's been a long full day, ...best Friday I can remember in a long time.

Been thinking today about what Freein wrote this morning. About taking better care of myself , in a loving way. Stuff like that always takes me days, sometimes weeks to fully process, it seems.

I better get in the kitchen and throw something together, ... call it dinner.
Breakfast sounds good just about now, and that'll be easy.

Upward2Enlightenment 05-23-2014 08:13 PM

I think I am going to call it a night.

Glad you are doing ok rocks.

Soliloquy I hope you can find some piece. Take care of yourself.

I am here for all of you all.

izzy8 05-23-2014 09:11 PM

3777- what a beautiful place! Thx for letting us join you :)

Mariah- how did the garage cleaning go? Ours seems to be endlessly in need of that... We have a little man cave out there too. I think you mentioned one a long time ago? I'm still smiling about your mowing wisdom.

Up- did the walk with music help? I love the prayer you posted, thank you.

Top- sounds like a fun nite! And dinner/breakfast... We eat waffles for dinner every now and then... Just to shake things up...

Apple- enjoy your run! Hope you wake up feeling better. My husbands running a benefit 5k tomorrow. I'm so glad he didn't ask me to run w him! By the way- I thought of you when I tried my newest drink concoction tonite: instant café vienna + white chocolate mocha creamer + milk + ice in a blender = serious yumminess.

Kitten- did you already mention what the results were on your shoulder?... Which reminds me!... When I think of your determination to ex even w an injury... I need to get some kind of fitness plan in place...

We watched "fireproof"with the boys tonite while the girls had their own movie nite w some friends ... Was a pretty peaceful evening.

Gnite everyone!

Soli- thinking of you and your family ...

Obo- how was your flight?

SolitaryThinker 05-23-2014 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23003

Did I do well for a 28 year old working in a diner? :)

Adnamaeel 05-23-2014 09:26 PM

You most certainly did! I love sparkly stuff.

Dee74 05-23-2014 09:31 PM

Nice ring ST :)

D

Panacea 05-23-2014 09:39 PM

Soliloquy - thinking about you and your family tonight, ST - the ring is beautiful. Good luck! Applekat - have fun tomorrow! I will be running with you in spirit! Up - I am up and down too, but exercise seems to really help. Rock - welcome back! Dee, Free, Adna, Obo, Topspin, Aly and all - I hope all is well with you tonight. Take care, Pan

3777 05-23-2014 09:43 PM

ST! That's awsome! It's truly beautiful.

MariahGayle 05-23-2014 09:48 PM

That will make for a big smile ST.....Nice:)

TS...that sounds like a fabulous day...glad you made that meeting & chance to share:)

I am curious now to know where those falls are 3777??

Yes Izzy, the garage cleaning has been accomplished....nothing like a menopausal Mother & a hormonal teen son coming together to clean the garage. I was out there thinking...."if I can make it through this & not drink tonight, I should be OK the rest of the week-end". Heavy on my mind tonight.... 3 day holiday week-end....the ole "I've been good for 40 day"... Son went to stay with his Dad after garage job was done....Had to really "play it through tonight. Sitting now with tea. I know if I was to drink tonight I would get drunk...probably end up down the road "dancing like no other" wake up having spent the money I plan on using to take our coast trip on Sunday, not feel one bit like planting the plants I bought tonight to go in the side yard project I've been so looking forward to. So glad I didn't drink. Anyone still up?