SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2012 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/261169-class-july-2012-a.html)

Fallow 07-04-2012 10:58 PM

Looks like ill be joinin here too! Sad to say I was also a part of July 2011, made it almost 60 days then crashed. Just finishing a bottle of Jack tonight so tomorrow is day 1 for the zillionth time :(

MyTimeNow 07-04-2012 11:04 PM

Hi Fallow, I was just reading your other post. Sometimes is just seems like a vicious circle doesn't it? Giving up booze makes you stressed, get stressed - have a drink and so it goes round. Sorry to hear about your friends too. Keep logging on and just vent here if it makes it easier to release your frustrations, anything to get you through the first couple of days. Take care :)

Robsta81 07-05-2012 02:58 AM

Day three and going strong ! Been very strange night sleep sweets,nightmares,any one had these when they first stop,been very stressed by this.

MyTimeNow 07-05-2012 03:08 AM

Morning Robsta. I believe it is very common, I've certainly had the sweats, not so many nightmares but very vivid weird dreams. Sorry quick reply and not much use - off out now. Well done on day 3 :)

Fallow 07-05-2012 08:33 AM

Awake on day 1. Actually feel pretty darn good no hangover to speak of. Ur right MTN it just keeps going around. Hard to think about the fact I hung around here for almost a year but still just starting out getting sober. Its so easy to just put it off till tomorrow. I know its gonna be tough for me. Looking forward to the journey though.

I want to turn this into a success story.

sarah1414 07-05-2012 08:43 AM

Oh, my! So many posts over the last 24 hours! Great!

Welcome to all the new folks and well done to those getting through their first few days.

Mytime, I love your posts...they make me smile. So glad you're feeling so good this time around.

I'm feeling really good too. Can't imagine going back to the misery but I am cautious because I have been here before. Yesterday, I was so energized I went for a run in the morning and a bike ride in the evening (that's in 97 degree heat!) It just felt so good. I felt so free on my bike. The fam and I had a beautiful day together. No thoughts of wine bliss because I realized I didn't need it to make the evening more enjoyable. Not to mention the fact that I LOVE WAKING UP FEELING GOOD.

R4R, I'm hoping we'll see you here soon.

Happy Thursday all. See you later!

lifewithoutbooz 07-05-2012 09:01 AM

Reading all these recent posts is keeping me motivated today. Have a great day everyone!!

Really4Real 07-05-2012 09:31 AM

Well, looking into inpatient detox at the moment. I can't do it alone.... I keep trying and trying and failing and failing... BUT I WILL be a part of the July group!

sarah1414 07-05-2012 09:57 AM

Good for you, R4R. Do whatever it takes to get to the other side. I hope you are able to find the right place soon. Hugs to you.

Fdm 07-05-2012 10:04 AM

I'm back. I threw away all of my progress made the last couple of months, filling up trash bags with Miller Lite cans.

Last night we stayed out on the boat late, and I didn't eat dinner and drank until 130 AM. I couldn't sleep after that. I trembled, had cramps and was shivering at times. I'm guessing my blood sugar got crazy. I called off work, slept until 11 AM, after forcing myself to eat A handful of Saltines at 430 AM.

I am self destructive.

Robsta81 07-05-2012 10:46 AM

You can get back m8,keep your chin up :ghug3

PhilsFan33 07-05-2012 10:47 AM

Day 5 for me!

Really4Real 07-05-2012 10:53 AM

Yep... I think we're all a bit self-destructive FDM... I texted my boss yesterday to take a couple vacation days cuz I have to get a handle on the alcohol. He's super understanding... I think he has a problem too -- we've talked about it before.

FrenchPink 07-05-2012 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Fdm (Post 3475119)
I'm back. I threw away all of my progress made the last couple of months, filling up trash bags with Miller Lite cans.

Last night we stayed out on the boat late, and I didn't eat dinner and drank until 130 AM. I couldn't sleep after that. I trembled, had cramps and was shivering at times. I'm guessing my blood sugar got crazy. I called off work, slept until 11 AM, after forcing myself to eat A handful of Saltines at 430 AM.

I am self destructive.

Welcome back to SR, Fdm! So happy to see your name again. Sorry you've had such a struggle, but excellent to see you jumping back in the sober station wagon. Keep fighting the good fight, my friend. You have awesome support here in the July thread, and if you'd like to pop your head into the May thread as well, you know we'll give you huge hugs of support there, too. :)

Best wishes to all July 2012, sobermates! I'm approaching my 60 days soon, and it truly does get easier as time goes by. Hugs and love to all. :)

FP from May 2012.

Fdm 07-05-2012 11:37 AM

Thanks, my friend.

BoozeBad 07-05-2012 11:41 AM

Day 5 and I have a party looming on my social calendar. I don't think it would be mad or anything, but there is likely to be drinking going on. I think maybe it's a bit soon for me, but will feel bad missing a mates 40th birthday. This is assuming I stay sober until then - just doing the one day at a time bit.

Would it be tempting fate to go? I just reckon I'd crack.

MyTimeNow 07-05-2012 12:39 PM

Hmmm not sure BoozeBad - if you think you're going to crack then the likelihood is you will. I reckon... don't know! How far away is it? The date I mean not the location lol if it's say a couple of weeks and you have been sober until then, you might be in a completely different mindset and think actually no, I don't even want to drink so I'll go and enjoy myself without anyway.

I know all about the tomorrow thing Fallow, I reckon if I knew about this site 5 years ago my registration date would be 2007 and I'd still be in the class of July 12! One of my kicks up the bum so to speak, was my brother recently turning 40. I'm not too far behind him and could very easily be drinking still in the next 3-4 years if I don't do anything about it. So whilst he has a successful career, family etc at 40, what will I have? Probably incredibly ill health, an 18 year old that resents me, a 7 year old that I haven't done the best by, I'll look like sht, feel like it and I'll probably end up throwing myself off a cliff like my dad did at 45. No thanks, he's the LAST person I want to emulate. So.. it is now for me!

Lol Sarah, glad I make somebody smile with my rambling posts :) I don't think I actually fully function until I'm on my 5th cuppa, it's just a stream of blaaaaaaaah that I have woken up with in my head.... and let it out!

Which brings me to Thursday evening, a little bit different, I'm trying a Pepsi Max witter - anything could happen! ;)

It's been a great Thursday. I got to spend it with my nan on her 83rd birthday. We went for lunch, I had the most delicious (bear in mind this is an ex vegetarian typing) medium rare sirloin steak and salad.... Oh shut up MTN nobody wants to hear what you had for dinner! And then just pottered doing housey bits. Youngest in bed, eldest at youth club...

I actually feel quite tired this evening so it'll be bedtime soon. AV has been niggling at me ALL day. Tomorrow just being Friday for starters, plus Andy Murray in semi's at Wimbledon... wouldn't that be a great evening to open the wine... I'm ignoring it and telling it, you know what, if I give you the drink you want, it's going to be me that suffers. Saturday will be crap, I'll feel rubbish in every way and Murray will probably lose anyway, so shut up!

And that concludes my Thursday stream of blaaaah. Apologies!

Oh also, good to see you R4R sounds like you are making a huge positive step with regards to looking into detox, hope you can get one if that's what you feel you need. Does that come with aftercare and counselling sessions etc?

Welcome Fdm, hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Congrats on day 5 Phils!

I'm off to bed, hope everybody continues to have a great Thursday :D

MyTimeNow 07-05-2012 12:40 PM

Good grief. I VOW never to write a post that long again! Apologies people!

BoozeBad 07-05-2012 02:35 PM

MTN - the party is Monday / Tuesday next week. Yet to be confirmed. Think you're right though.

We've been watching Andy Murray as well. The last match was so close. He likes his tie-breaks! Looking forward to tomorrow. Don't let it stress you though!

aug73 07-05-2012 06:22 PM

Blew it on my 4th night...You are so right on the hot zone Tim! i will try try again!

I did great as everyone had a drink or two to watch the fireworks over the city. Then, once I couldn't sleep by midnight i took a Valium...buy 1 a.m. a hit of pot then i succumbed to one shot at 3 a.m.

I wasn't too mad at myself this morning as i didn't get drunk...but still...now that the evening is approaching I feel very lonely and depressed, as if i just cannot depend on myself...I once again realize I have no control over anything...

So does this mean I leave the class of July and try to join the class of August? Hopefully with 3 weeks clean?