SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Hello BuzzJen (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/86307-hello-buzzjen.html)

dalejen 02-18-2006 03:30 PM

how old are you ?

agent alias 02-18-2006 03:31 PM

I know sweetie....its never easy when you lose somebody. do you have any friends around? It will take awhile for you to grieve.....you have to though and take it one day at a time.

agent alias 02-18-2006 03:32 PM

I'm 40 years old!!!!! how about you?

dalejen 02-18-2006 03:34 PM

i am 21 are you female ? I don't know how to do the private mess thing

agent alias 02-18-2006 03:38 PM

Yes I'm a single mom of a 7 year old daughter. I remember when I was 21....It was a hard age to be at ...but you sound like such a mature girl already.

Do you live alone , with roommates, with your family?

dalejen 02-18-2006 03:42 PM

my mom and she is never here, she thinks she is 21 ughhhh drives me nuts, Did I send the message the right way

BeginAgain 02-18-2006 03:42 PM

Hi ladies - I'm here too. Good to see both of you online. Jen sorry you are having a hard time.

BeginAgain 02-18-2006 03:45 PM

You guys do me a favor. On the cafe central thread under the many faces of recovery I put up a family photo, it would be on the last page of the thread toward the bottom. I'm not sure it worked - it was too smal earlier. It looks okay when I pull it up, but not sure when others view it. Agent would you check it out and see if it worksd - just learning to post pictures here and not sure it went through.

agent alias 02-18-2006 03:46 PM

I got your PM! You did it Jen. Hi BeginAgain! Yes, I went to cafe central earlier today and I saw your family picture! Aaawwwhhh...precious!!

I remember when my mom was like that too. she had me when she was only 17years old and basically she was a kid herself. that kind of sounds like your mom there. I know its hard to see that about your mom....try to understand her if you can but I can understand if you totally dislike her. I remember that feeling very well myself.

BeginAgain 02-18-2006 03:51 PM

Jen my parents had ALOT of problems when I was young. My mom went through phases like that all the time. She and my dad were always fighting - I mean really physically fighting. He was trying to hang on and control her and she was rebeling like a teenager. She was only 15 when they got married so I'm sure that had something to do with it all. I had a rough childhood and I really don't have much of a relationship with either one of my parents now - I love them but I don't have that "friendship" connection like I see with some people.

But I survived, grew up and have my own family. I remember age 21 was pretty rough. But I lost my fiance in a car accident when I was 20 and that was pretty hard. But you would be amazed what you can survive. God never puts more on us than we can handle...believe it or not.

Thanks agent- someone else said it didn't work or was very small so I resent it. Glad it went through. No anonymity for me!! :)

dalejen 02-18-2006 03:54 PM

hi beginagain i tried to send you a message

dalejen 02-18-2006 03:57 PM

I just do not understand her, she thinks she is young but she is not. The fake tan, the bleached streaked hair, the piercings ughhhhhhhhh gross

BeginAgain 02-18-2006 04:04 PM

It will get better Jen. Just focus on you and what makes you happy. If you are miserable there work on getting out and getting your own place. Are you in school? Do you still work?

dalejen 02-18-2006 04:08 PM

I took some time off work, I want to go to college but I don't have the money right now.

agent alias 02-18-2006 04:09 PM

Begin has some good advice. Your mom seems to be trying to re-live her lost years or something.

I moved out when I was 18 years old to Hollywood all by myself. I had to work 3 jobs but I did it. I couldn't wait to get out...I would concentrate on that. It won't be easy at first, try to find a roommate...

BeginAgain 02-18-2006 04:10 PM

Well maybe things will work out so you can go back to school. Will you not qualify for financial aid or grants?? I agree that you should have some time of right now - you need to heal after all you have been through.

agent alias 02-18-2006 04:11 PM

College is a good idea. You can go to a junior college and it will be much cheaper than a University anyway for now. But that means that you will have to live with your mom still.

dalejen 02-18-2006 04:15 PM

I don't know how to go to the central cafe thingy

BeginAgain 02-18-2006 04:30 PM

I think this will take you to central cafe if I did it right and you click on it. Then go up the page a little and you'll see the post. Thats my husband, son and daughter - taken at Christmas.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tml#post824708

dalejen 02-18-2006 04:33 PM

you have a beautiful family it has never been like that here