SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   thanks for all your support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/460184-thanks-all-your-support.html)

fishkiller 12-09-2022 06:56 PM

Hang in there John
Sending strength

BornToBeSober 12-10-2022 04:54 AM

Focus on what you can control and stay strong! Best Wishes John....

Steely 12-10-2022 05:25 AM

I hope you're doing ok John. It'll take a time to adjust to these new circumstances, but you will.

Stay in the day John. Extract every bit of good out of it that you can and focus your energies on recovery. You know how to do this John you have vast experience already.

Thinking of you John. x

VikingGF 12-10-2022 10:42 AM

Wishing you continued strength, John.

2muchpain 12-12-2022 10:00 AM

Walking has gotten tougher lately. Needed a wheelchair to get to my appointment today. Probably could of walked it, but it would of been tough. The good news is the pain is much less. My pain doctor made a change that is making the difference. Walking a straight line would really be nice. Working would be really tough right now, but I will get on track soon. Looking for a half day job right now. I know I can do this. Willpower!!!! John

fishkiller 12-12-2022 10:37 AM

You are one Tough Hombre John

Steely 12-12-2022 11:23 AM

This so sucks John, and I'm so very sorry. ,

A temporary setback is what I'm hoping.

I dont know shite from clay John, but my thoughts turn to 'acceptance' rather than willpower. We found willpower did not help a lot when it came to giving up alcohol, it was acceptance that got us there.

I wouldnt be worrying too much about getting back to work so soon, I think it's about assessing your situation now, and being really gentle with yourself until you get on top of this setback.

Easy Does It as they say in AA, and I don't even go to AA, but often take heart from the cliches like many others.

Conventional work is a bit of of a con if you ask me particularly when it's exhausting. This doesn't mean I'm opposed to work. But think it can take many forms. Don't want to see you push yourself too hard. And I know you are strong.

I'm glad the pain doctor has adjusted your meds. And if the wheelchair makes it easier for you at the moment jump on board.

I hope today is a little better for you John. x

advbike 12-12-2022 01:26 PM

Your attitude is amazing John. You are truly an inspiration.

I agree with Steely - don't overdo it, but keep going.

Thinking of you, my friend.

Hawkeye13 12-23-2022 07:33 AM

Hey John I have been out of town and largely offline this past week but wanted to check in and see how you’re doing. It was -5 degrees this morning with a -25 windchill here— did it get much colder than usual for you in Florida?

I like most all kinds of weather, but even my two dogs said forget walking far this morning. They just wanted to finish their doggy bathroom business and get back inside by the gas log fireplace, and I can’t say I blamed them ;)

Today is a day to use a leaf blower to clear the dry, powdery snow from the driveway, and proceed to making a pot roast and batch of chili. I am feeling like some cornbread might be a good addition to both- what do you think?

Steely 12-23-2022 12:24 PM

Checking in to see how you're going John.

Will family be visiting over Chrismas?

Anna 12-23-2022 12:37 PM

John, I'm thinking of you, too and hope that you're doing alright. If you get a chance, please check in and update us.

Dee74 12-23-2022 12:46 PM

I hope all is well John - just wanted to wish you all the best for the holidays :)

D

MythOfSisyphus 12-24-2022 02:44 AM

Merry Xmas, John! And everyone else, of course.:grouphug::scoregood:HOXmasrd:Xmasmc:Xmastc

Steely 12-24-2022 03:32 AM

Merry Christmas, Myth. :)

VikingGF 12-24-2022 06:56 AM

Merry Christmas, John.

fishkiller 12-24-2022 10:42 AM

Merry Christmas John!
Hope all is well

SoberLeigh 12-24-2022 10:44 AM

Christmas Blessings, John.

Steely 12-24-2022 11:56 AM

Happy Christmas, John.

I hope you can make it to Viking's virtual Christmas party.

Bring tomatoes for the salad!

MythOfSisyphus 12-24-2022 09:17 PM

Hans Gruber has fallen from Nakatomi Plaza, so my Xmas Eve is nearly complete!:scoregood

Steely 12-25-2022 03:12 AM

Are you ok John? Stupid question?