SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   thanks for all your support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/460184-thanks-all-your-support.html)

Free2bme888 12-02-2022 08:45 PM

Thanks for the lovely update John, glad you got away, but happier your computer is working and that you stopped by with your nice post.

SoberLeigh 12-03-2022 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2muchpain (Post 7879332)
hey guys!!!!!! Sorry I haven't been around, but thanks for thinking about me. I am doing fine. The problem that I broke my computer!! Took a while to get a new one. My situation is pretty much the same. The only bid change is I will be getting radiation therapy soon, hopefully during Christmas vacation. Will get 5 treatments during a two week period. Sounds like it will take a lot out of me, so don't plan on doing much during that time.
My trip turned out to a disappointment. Didn't make boat trip. There was a festival going on which meant many blocked roads. I drove all around, but the main road to the harbor was blocked. Eventually found it on my way home when the main road opened. Turned out it would of been a 10 minute drive from where I was staying. Did go to the festival though. It was pretty cool. The cabin I stayed in was real nice. Never booked a cabin before, so was not sure what to expect.
Anyway, good to be back on SR. Really missed you guys. Again, thanks for staying in touch. Nice to know I was not forgotten, John

Thank God you are okay, John. We were so concerned about you. Whew!

Great to have you back.

2muchpain 12-03-2022 02:25 PM

my biggest concern is the numbness in my feet. Makes it tougher to walk and even drive. The other day I was driving and could feel the peddles. Better today. John

Hawkeye13 12-03-2022 07:05 PM

I’m glad to see you posting again John—sorry to hear about the numbness, but good news it is a bit better today.

How’s your appetite been? If you could manage to put on a few pounds that might be both fun to do and helpful for your system ;).

What’s you favorite food and what do you cook the best? I really like to slow braise various meats in my Dutch Oven—most favorite is chuck roast.

I also make a mean pot of beans . . .

2muchpain 12-05-2022 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 (Post 7879672)
I’m glad to see you posting again John—sorry to hear about the numbness, but good news it is a bit better today.

How’s your appetite been? If you could manage to put on a few pounds that might be both fun to do and helpful for your system ;).

What’s you favorite food and what do you cook the best? I really like to slow braise various meats in my Dutch Oven—most favorite is chuck roast.

I also make a mean pot of beans . . .

Love Italian food. My ex was Italian. Gained a lot of weight when I was married!! Man could she cook. Been steadily gaining weight. Really want to get to the 160's mark. Still got a ways to go. You sound like a great cook!!!! John

Hawkeye13 12-05-2022 06:25 PM

I do love cooking and eating! ;).
My husband makes amazing pizza and other standard Italian dishes and I remember thinking “he’s a keeper” after a particularly good Chicken Marsala.

I’m really glad to hear you are gaining—so important after chemo.

Please eat a few thousand calories on my behalf this week if you don’t mind—I’ve already had my quota and have to surrender to calorie counting before holiday season really gets started. . . :truce

Steely 12-06-2022 02:06 PM

What you up to John?

I'm listening to jazz radio, and trying to persuade myself to do the dishes. Can't find it in me. :)

Not much happening in my garden, how about yours?

Steely 12-06-2022 03:28 PM

Welcome, Olivia

2muchpain 12-08-2022 10:49 AM

Got some bad news today. The cancer seems to be growing back. If it keeps up, I'll have go back go the iv's I ways getting before. Really don't want to go through that again. It was real tough, spending whole days in the hospital. Not sure what I will do if that has to happen. Meanwhile, I'm feeling lousy with all t side effects. This is barely living. Might go to a movie next week for a distraction. Not happy today. John

Anna 12-08-2022 10:59 AM

John, I'm really sorry to hear this. Try to stay positive and keep doing what you're doing to take care of yourself. Going to a movie sounds like a good idea.

Zura 12-08-2022 11:07 AM

Oh John, I'm so sorry 😔. Completely understandable that the thought of having those treatments again would have you feeling down. You've been so positive but it's been a long journey and must be very difficult. Prayers for you that it doesn't come to that. I hope you'll lean on us as I'm sure you mentioned you don't have much of a support system.

SoberLeigh 12-08-2022 01:21 PM

Oh, John. Love and hugs to you.

Steely 12-08-2022 01:30 PM

I'm so sorry John.

One day at a time.

And, be kind to yourself during those days. ❤️

Dee74 12-08-2022 01:50 PM

I'm sorry John :(
Thats a real blow...but you've beaten it this far...gotta keep going, right? :)

D

Hawkeye13 12-08-2022 08:38 PM

Sending you hug and good wishes—this is a setback, but I have confidence you will find your best way forward—

You are a strong man and have had so much resilience through all this.

Finding a distraction, or several, is a good idea to rest your mind and attention for awhile.

The uncertainty of the next steps is maybe as tiring, or more tiring than your physical symptom, I would think.

We’re here and rooting for you John—

Free2bme888 12-08-2022 10:04 PM

We are here, John. I’m sorry about the news, it’s disheartening after all you’ve been through.

Time for that self love and distraction as you ponder and weigh options.

Big hugs,

🤓♥️

2muchpain 12-09-2022 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7881316)
I'm sorry John :(
Thats a real blow...but you've beaten it this far...gotta keep going, right? :)

D

You are right!!!!!!!!!! I've beaten this so far and I will continue to beat it. Feeling more positive today, I'll be fine. Just got to stay strong and keep fighting. John

Anna 12-09-2022 12:52 PM

I'm glad you're feeling more positive. And, of course, you'll keep fighting. :)

MythOfSisyphus 12-09-2022 04:54 PM

Just like sobriety, one foot in front of the other and keep going!:grouphug:

Hawkeye13 12-09-2022 06:52 PM

You got this!