SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   thanks for all your support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/460184-thanks-all-your-support.html)

Steely 10-31-2022 08:03 PM

What more can you do John? Sometimes doing less, is doing more. Crumbs, you sound so very tired, try not to be too hard on yourself, John.

Be kind to yourself instead.

And as for the office staff, ignore the dimwits. Nothing better to do than sniff around around people just doing their job. Awful people, John. Not like us, at all. :)

I hope things pick up for you soon John.

🍅🍅🍅

MythOfSisyphus 10-31-2022 11:15 PM

Yeah, I would say try not to let the little things get you down. And then try to remember compared to what you've already been through they're all little things.:grouphug::scoregood

2muchpain 11-01-2022 01:17 PM

Doing much better today. The complaint just came as a surprise. I always put 110% on doing my job. If I don't smell right, then that's on them. John

2muchpain 11-01-2022 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Steely (Post 7869183)
What more can you do John? Sometimes doing less, is doing more. Crumbs, you sound so very tired, try not to be too hard on yourself, John.

Be kind to yourself instead.

And as for the office staff, ignore the dimwits. Nothing better to do than sniff around around people just doing their job. Awful people, John. Not like us, at all. :)

I hope things pick up for you soon John.

🍅🍅🍅

I'm doing fine Steely. Thanks for your post. Other then the complaint, I'm doing great. Takes more then that to slow me down. No big deal. John

Steely 11-01-2022 03:58 PM

Great to hear, John.

Office staff are on the nose. Stinky. Lol

Anna 11-04-2022 03:58 PM

I hope you're doing well, John.

2muchpain 11-05-2022 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 7870465)
I hope you're doing well, John.

I'm doing fine. Actually feeling pretty good. A little more pain than usual, but not too bad. Being real careful with the pain medication so not to take it too often. Only take it when the pain gets bad.
Dealing with some numbness in my feet lately. Hard time walking yesterday, but today is much better.
Nice getting back to work. Sleep a lot the day after. Even easy days are tough. Never work two days in a row. That would be too much. Just nice to feel productive. Looking forward to my road trip at the end of next week. Part of me says I'm pushing myself too much, but I try to ignore that. Got to move forward even if it's at a slower pace. Laying around and doing nothing is just not for me. Maybe some day, but not now. Thanks for checking in on me. Hope you are doing well. John

Anna 11-05-2022 01:27 PM

John, it sounds like you're doing what's working for you. It seems that keeping busy, working, and doing some travelling suits you. :)

Steely 11-08-2022 11:27 AM

How are you doing John?

Not much going on down here apart from politics and world news doing my head in.

For the first time in my life I have to switch the news channel to something less distressing. ABC KIDS is good, music to help kids sleep, interspersed with a a few jolly jingles. :) More my style at this stage of my life as feel totally powerless to actually change anything. Dare I say I can only change myself.

Getting a bit old to hit the streets now. Leaving it to the younger people, who seem to be doing a pretty good job. I feel so sad for young people these days. They have it hard, and was not their fault that a bunch of adults wrecked everything. Onwards :)

Maybe this stage of my life is all about acceptance. Reflection. Doing gentle things. And I'm good with that, even though difficult. Maybe I will find the peace I have been looking for all these years. It's worth a shot.

I hope your road road trip will be just the ticket for you John. Don't forget to send pics.

Well, so much for my dismal post about the state of the planet. I guess knowing that a few of us are still kicking, hope still springs eternal.

Also wanted to say say how important it is to listen to your inner voice, it's on your side.

milothrcat 11-08-2022 06:04 PM

I have followed your thread. I am helping my partner get through his chemo treatment. You are doing great. He has so much vacation time saved and reminds me of you won't take it. Hell knows I would. Smoking gets into everything hair clothes if people are noticing might want to dump it

2muchpain 11-09-2022 11:24 AM

Hi steely, always nice hearing from you. Like you, I'm trying to avoid the news. Not much of it is good news and like you said, nothing you can do about it. Every now and then though there is news about people doing good and helping each other out. Lot of good people out there. Easy to forget with all the negative news. I just try to do good in my little world, helping others, doing the right thing. Only thing I have control over. I feel sorry for younger people also. At least I can remember when things were different.
There's a hurricane coming the weekend I'm suppose to go on my trip. So far it's just a cloudy day with a few sprinkles, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Should be a fun trip if it happens.
Yes, world is a mess and I don't see it getting any better for a long time; but as I said, I try to remember all the really good people out there. The news doesn't spend enough time on that.
Hope you are doing well. I'm feeling pretty good right now but each day is different. Just glad to be alive and moving forward. Yes, acceptance is very important but I can't let acceptance get in my way for my mental and emotional growth. Take care, John

2muchpain 11-09-2022 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by milothrcat (Post 7871704)
I have followed your thread. I am helping my partner get through his chemo treatment. You are doing great. He has so much vacation time saved and reminds me of you won't take it. Hell knows I would. Smoking gets into everything hair clothes if people are noticing might want to dump it

You are right; smoking gets into everything. Even if I don't smoke the day I work, it's still in my hair, etc. I need to take my smoking more seriously. Once I got cancer, my motivation to quit smoking went downhill, but that's just an excuse. Thanks, John

Hawkeye13 11-09-2022 05:46 PM

Hope weather clears for your trip this weekend John. I’ve been on a big clean-up today getting together scrap metal and cleaning up backyard of the farmhouse with my neighbors and their Bobcat which makes clean up so much faster and easier than me on my own filling contractor bags.

It is looking and feeling better day by day. This project is the epitome of the saying “You eat an elephant one bite at a time” and by golly that pachyderm is looking and tasting better as this or that gets done. Tomorrow more clean up, gravel, and meeting contractors to continue roof repair to get things weathered in before real winter comes.

It was over 80 degrees here in Midwest today—apparently a record for our area this time of year. Sending some of that good weather and wishes your way in time for your trip. Get lots of pictures and say hi to those wonderful manatees for me. I really think they are amazing!

Free2bme888 11-14-2022 05:42 AM

Bon Voyage, mon ami! 🤓❤️

Dee74 11-14-2022 02:12 PM

hope your weekend was good John :)

D

Anna 11-16-2022 03:18 PM

Thinking of you, John. I hope you're doing alright.

Hawkeye13 11-16-2022 05:08 PM

Me too— update us soon when you can. We miss you!

Hawkeye13 11-22-2022 07:16 PM

Hope you are doing well and enjoyed your trip.

You are missed around here John—how are things?

Steely 11-23-2022 03:40 AM

Are you back from your trip yet John?

Let us know how you are going. People worry if you don't.

We think about you John.

VikingGF 11-23-2022 05:10 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, John. I hope you're doing well.