SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekend Warriors Weekenders 03-06 September 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/455347-weekend-warriors-weekenders-03-06-september-2021-a.html)

Cityboy 09-04-2021 05:50 PM

Willow, sorry you couldn't travel to be with your family.
I try to be slow to judge because I certainly said a lot of things I shouldn't have while drinking. It's difficult to not take things personally though.

jtennery, raising quail for pets is interesting. Do you keep them in something like a finchcage?

Dee74 09-04-2021 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7693823)
thanks Suze ❤️ I’m just feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning and missing my family.

And my visiting friend was drinking & smoking last night and she had a snarky dig at me for me having “always been too straight” which upset me too. We used to party pretty hard when I knew her 20 plus years ago, but she implied that even back then I wasn’t much fun :( I stayed sober, but now I just want her to leave, but she’s decided to stay another night. Tomorrow she will be going, because if she changes her mind I will tell her to go. My partner also said he will happily tell her it’s time to go, he didn’t like her comments either.

People who tell you you're no fun since you got sober or that you're too straight are scared - they want the world to join them in drinking and you not doing that frightens them.

I'd say to hell with one more night and tell her to pack her bags today.

Willow00 09-04-2021 06:01 PM

How’re you doing jtennery?

Cityboy, I’m not judging her, I just think she was being a bit mean last night. But I agree, I definitely have said things out of line after drinking, including many things I have regretted afterwards.

Willow00 09-04-2021 06:11 PM

Yeah I did consider it Dee, but I want to keep things amicable and she has some things to get tomorrow when the shops open again. I doubt we’ll see her again after today. We haven’t seen her yet this morning and it’s after 11am. And we’re heading out soon for lunch for Father’s Day (she’s not coming). She can have a bbq dinner with us this afternoon, and we will say goodbye to her right after dinner as we’ll be having an early night as we have early starts for work and school in the morning. My partner won’t be drinking tonight and neither will I. The house will be locked up when we leave in the morning and she can simply unplug the power cord from her van and leave at her leisure tomorrow. She doesn’t surface before about 10am.

jtennery 09-04-2021 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7693842)
How’re you doing jtennery?

Better than expected. Had a rough few hours today that has long past. Have to confess that when I was driving home I stopped by one of my local watering holes to have a drink. Apparently the gods of the holy bar stools decided I would not have a place to sit. So, I said goodbye and drove on home....after ordering a pizza of course.

On another note, I was trying to share a photo or two that I took today. Tried a few different strategies to no avail. I need a test forum to play with

SoberLeigh 09-04-2021 06:17 PM

Willow, sorry you had to cancel your plans to be with your family. Hopefully, things will be back normal soon.

jtennery 09-04-2021 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cityboy (Post 7693837)
Willow, sorry you couldn't travel to be with your family.
I try to be slow to judge because I certainly said a lot of things I shouldn't have while drinking. It's difficult to not take things personally though.

jtennery, raising quail for pets is interesting. Do you keep them in something like a finchcage?

Too big for a finch cage. I have one that is a house pet that has a guinea pig cage in another room. They're basically 1 pound chickens.

SoberLeigh 09-04-2021 06:21 PM

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-pictures.html

Take a look at this thread, jternney; it will give you some guidance on how to post pictures.

Glad you didn’t drink today.

jtennery 09-04-2021 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The max height or width I could get was 450 pixels. Lost a lot of the resolution on this dragon fly. I figured out why I was having issues with embedding a url...my photo sharing site will not allow people direct access to my photos w/out a hack.

jtennery 09-04-2021 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more for the weekenders. I'm losing detail/resolution when resizing the photos for the forum. Using generic photo tools that come with the os.

Have a bumble...

SoberLeigh 09-04-2021 07:28 PM

Thank you, jternney; what fabulous photos.

Free2bme888 09-04-2021 07:55 PM

Welcome jtennery❤️

i like the dot.

🤓

Free2bme888 09-04-2021 07:58 PM

Willow,

i think I mentioned a few posts back I had to let my high school best friend go a different direction when we met up I was devastated too, but also realize she was in a good chapter of my book called life, and the characters were doing a change out in my book.

Glad she’ll be going and your partner has your back.

Willow00 09-04-2021 10:03 PM

Yes Free, I think this friend will be in my past and stay there once she leaves tomorrow. It’s not good for me to have her around. The AV is acting up. Not to join her, but in reaction to everything going on. The AV will use anything it can to try and break down defences.

Mags1 09-04-2021 10:21 PM

gtennery thanks for the pics and the name of the bird in your avatar. When I use postimages web site I resize the image 320x240 or 640x480.

Willow, I’ve not known any true friend call me horrible things. I know alcohol can make us act differently but she could’ve respected your non drinking. Hopefully she’ll be on her way in the morning.

Willow00 09-04-2021 10:40 PM

Here’s a better friend, Jonathan popped by to visit ❤️

https://i.imgur.com/fIs6uNXl.jpg

jtennery 09-04-2021 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7693929)
Here’s a better friend, Jonathan popped by to visit ❤️

I wonder if Jonathan met Richard Back?

Willow00 09-04-2021 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by jtennery (Post 7693930)
I wonder if Jonathan met Richard Back?

I suspect he knows him quite well :)

Kaily 09-04-2021 11:14 PM

Lovely pics everyone.

Hope you had a better night, Mags.

Welcome jtennery. Stay away from the bar, next time you might not be so lucky!

Willow, I hated if someone wasn't drinking when I was. I couldn't understand how they could possibly be enjoying themselves and that would make me uncomfortable. And yes I would think they were boring. I know better now and realise it is all part of the addiction. Its not boring but healthy and a better way to live.

Captain, Robbie and Sao you all seem to have a good knowledge of music. I can barely name a tune. :lol:

Caramel, I'm curious, what country do you live in?

Mags1 09-05-2021 12:53 AM

Aah good to see Jonathan looking so well Willow :)

Thanks Kaily, same old stuff but like British Rail used to say ‘I’m getting there’ :)

Sun is up and out…looks like it’s going to be a good day to be sober. :shine8pl: