SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender 11-15 January, 2018–A Much Better Rush (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/421686-weekender-11-15-january-2018-much-better-rush.html)

Gilmer 01-12-2018 05:03 PM

I noticed that the inside of my car was starting to smell stale, so I went to the gas station to pick up one of those air fresheners that hang from the rear view mirror.

I had a choice of “New Car Smell” or “Black Ice.”

I have never found fake “new car” smells to be very convincing, so I opted for “Black Ice.” It sounded crisp and clean. So I opened it up.

UGH! Instant splitting headache! Strong, strong cheap perfume (as my dad used to say, “like midnight at the Shanghai wharf!”).

I took it down and carried it at arm’s length into the house. Even in the wide-open outdoors it reeked!

I thought I’d try to dilute it by soaking it in the bathroom sink.

After 15 minutes it did calm down a bit. I hope I didn’t go too far and neutralize it completely!

We’ll see tomorrow.

Purplrks3647 01-12-2018 06:38 PM

Stopping by to say hello before turning in for the night. I have to be up early for work, but hopefully I can catch up with you all over the weekend. Thanks everyone for being here! :thanks

STDragon 01-12-2018 07:47 PM

Sweet Dreams Purps....

badgerden 01-12-2018 09:14 PM

LBC- oh yes home improvements, switch out beer for wine and you have an understanding of why the trim on my bedroom and bathroom doors are a hideous color red,,,,sigh

Badge

theVman31 01-13-2018 12:29 AM

1977 British Punk. :)

saoutchik 01-13-2018 12:35 AM

Morning from London, home of the overcast sky.

Welcome to Weekenders LateBloominCait!

That Patsy Cline track was in an ad for something or other here a while back, I didn't know it was her.

Most of those car fresheners are too strong imo. A squirt of household air freshener is often enough.

No Saturday morning run for me as I turned my ankle a few days back, it is healing nicely but I can't run on it yet.

petals 01-13-2018 01:34 AM

Can I ask for you opinions on whether it's ok to eat miso soup, just seen that it's got alcohol listed in it's ingredients 🙄
I'm trying to go on a really strict week food wise to lose some weight and a friend gave me some sachets to help....
(I know that healthy eating combined with exercise is the best way but I need a kick start).
Thanks guys
Xx

andyh 01-13-2018 01:49 AM

Miso is a fermented product, so it's going to have a trace of alcohol in it as a result of the fermentation process. lots of foods - including bread - do have a tiny amount of alcohol in them - in the UK it doesn't have to be declared below 0.5%.

it's entirely up to you, but I personally wouldn't be too worried. you could let it stand for a few minutes to help let the alcohol evaporate off if it makes you feel better. I might think twice if I was planning to consume eight pints of it though :D

Dee74 01-13-2018 02:18 AM

I believe there are non alc varieties of miso, Petals, if that helps.
Look for Halal miso :)

D

saoutchik 01-13-2018 06:25 AM

Miso soup is quite easy to make and keeps well. I make a batch every few months. I use rice vinegar (n/a) instead of wine but even then it is only a tablespoon so you will be ok petals.

petals 01-13-2018 08:48 AM

Thanks guys, it's just that it was given to me... if I was buying it I would have checked.
It's from itsugrocery dot com
I was so excited as it's gluten free.
My food issues are getting worse and o was hoping I could eat this....

saoutchik 01-13-2018 09:48 AM

Sorry to hear that petals, I hope it is OK, I am rather partial to Miso.

A "first" for me today, I forgot my wallet was in my puffa jacket when I purchased something (a lampshade) but I used my smartphone, an Android, instead. I had to apologise to the people queing behind me while I worked out what to do.

trachemys 01-13-2018 10:22 AM

If y'all don't stop, misos will go the way of the naugas.

LBrain 01-13-2018 11:32 AM

Original version written by Sonny Curtis of The Crickets released in December, 1960.

LBrain 01-13-2018 11:35 AM

The popular version recorded by the Bobby Fuller Four in 1966.
btw, Richard Simmons stole these moves for his fitness videos. Love those dancers...

saoutchik 01-13-2018 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 6745780)
If y'all don't stop, misos will go the way of the naugas.

Or the Haggis.

I never knew the history of "I fought the law" other than it was recorded before The Clash.

theVman31 01-13-2018 11:10 PM

LBrain thanks.
I love the Bobby fuller four version.

Have a great Sunday weekenders.

petals 01-14-2018 12:31 AM

Yayyy SR is back! I list you all last night and got a bit lonely.x

Dee74 01-14-2018 12:39 AM

:jail

D

saoutchik 01-14-2018 01:53 AM

Hi fellow Weekenders, Sunday morning without a hangover = priceless.