SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender 11-15 January, 2018–A Much Better Rush (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/421686-weekender-11-15-january-2018-much-better-rush.html)

theVman31 01-15-2018 11:08 AM

Dolores o'Riordan of the cranberries died today. She was 46. I met her a few times at home in Ireland in the early days after the first album.
RIP.

Tetra 01-15-2018 01:07 PM

It’s very sad.

petals 01-15-2018 11:11 PM

Miso soup issue resolved.... I made a mug yesterday and it looked like dirty gravy.... then it started separating.... looked yucky so I binned it all.
Then had one of those phone calls.... I phoned a help desk about a product I've bought.... 55 minutes and 5 people later..... my issue was not resolved.
Then my healthy eating went pop and I ate some salted nuts and cinder toffee....
New day today... hugs to all.
Enjoy your leave Terra.
Well done on your first aid certification Hawkeye.
Xx

saoutchik 01-16-2018 05:46 AM

I had a Dentist appointment today, I am going to need an old filling replaced. Could be better, could be worse I suppose as at least there are no new issues.

On my way out I saw a man with dreadlocks that were literally ankle length. They look really cool sometimes, this did not look cool but it did have a "wow" factor as it must have taken over a decade to get there.

Gilmer 01-16-2018 06:07 AM

I feel that way when I see women with naturally long fingernails. How on earth do they do anything? :)

Petals, your post gave me a big, warm smile!

saoutchik 01-16-2018 09:01 AM

As of this year all NEW London Black Taxis are supposed to be electric. No of electric cabs in London as of today = 0. The fare meters do not work. Good grief.

saoutchik 01-16-2018 03:50 PM

Lights out at Saoutchik Towers.

trachemys 01-16-2018 06:23 PM

and the village went dark

STDragon 01-16-2018 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 6750142)

:lmao

STDragon 01-17-2018 04:05 AM

https://s10.postimg.org/rpo9x2y15/Wednesday.jpg

saoutchik 01-17-2018 06:14 AM

Happy hump day.

It has been a boring day at work so far, only enlivened by other people being frankly peculiar.

venuscat 01-17-2018 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 6750142)

Yeah, my lights were most definitely out yesterday.
Keeping an eye on myself...I think I just got really down from my jaw thing...(dislocated it). I will feel better I think as I get my energy back.

Onward lovely people. ♥

venuscat 01-17-2018 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by theVman31 (Post 6748458)
Dolores o'Riordan of the cranberries died today. She was 46. I met her a few times at home in Ireland in the early days after the first album.
RIP.

Also, this devastated me. Big time.

Died suddenly at 46. Far out....what did she do to herself?
It is so so tragic. What an amazing talent. And a very tortured soul.
May she rest in peace. ♥

saoutchik 01-17-2018 10:03 AM

Sorry to hear about your jaw Venuscat, I hope it heals asap. I grumbled about a replacement tooth filling today that I have not even had done yet.

Glad it is hometime.

Gilmer 01-17-2018 12:27 PM

I stayed up till 2 in the morning binge-watching a Netflix series and slept till 10–ate some chili for breakfast—then went right back to sleep till 1!

Still discombobulated. Off to the supermarket: my son is on his way home from visiting his older brothers down South, and I need to make his favorite, meatloaf!

trachemys 01-17-2018 03:07 PM

I want meatloaf.

Did you use one of those pans that let the drippings drip and you can make gravy from them? Huh? Huh?

Open face meatloaf sandwiches on white bread with gravy. I cry.

trachemys 01-17-2018 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6750643)
Yeah, my lights were most definitely out yesterday.
Keeping an eye on myself...I think I just got really down from my jaw thing...(dislocated it). I will feel better I think as I get my energy back.

Onward lovely people. ♥

Don't get down. This "getting older" thing is the best alternative. Even if it's painful, it beats what we were doing to ourselves.

I drink and eat every anti-imflammatory thing I can find. I still hurt every night. But, if I only need NSAIDS once a day, I call it a victory.

Gilmer 01-17-2018 04:09 PM

No, Trach.

Tonight’s recipe is called “Best Meatloaf” from Cooks.com. It’s got loads of a sauce containing tomato sauce, ketchup, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, and beef stock.

The meatloaf itself has 80/20 ground beef, Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped onions, chopped green peppers (my husband also threw in some red and yellow peppers), parsley, garlic, egg, spices, and a bit of the sauce mixture.

So it won’t be a pure meatloaf gravy from a pure meatloaf.

We’ve tried a thousand different meatloaf recipes. My husband is forever questing for the “perfect” meatloaf—an elusive “perfect taste” from somewhere in his past that he doggedly tries to recapture (I do this with other things).

No matter how simple or complex we go, no meatloaf ever measures up to the shining ideal!

But it’s got plenty of crunchies, so he and my son should enjoy it well enough. (I wouldn’t touch it with a ten-foot pole—I detest onions and peppers, and there are way too many to pick out!) :lmao:

trachemys 01-17-2018 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6751399)
No, Trach.

Tonight’s recipe is called “Best Meatloaf” from Cooks.com. It’s got loads of a sauce containing tomato sauce, ketchup, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, and beef stock.

The meatloaf itself has 80/20 ground beef, Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped onions, chopped green peppers (my husband also threw in some red and yellow peppers), parsley, garlic, egg, spices, and a bit of the sauce mixture.

So it won’t be a pure meatloaf gravy from a pure meatloaf.

We’ve tried a thousand different meatloaf recipes. My husband is forever questing for the “perfect” meatloaf—an elusive “perfect taste” from somewhere in his past that he doggedly tries to recapture (I do this with other things).

No matter how simple or complex we go, no meatloaf ever measures up to the shining ideal!

But it’s got plenty of crunchies, so he and my son should enjoy it well enough. (I wouldn’t touch it with a ten-foot pole—I detest onions and peppers, and there are way too many to pick out!) :lmao:

I'll send you My Mom's recipe.

Gilmer 01-17-2018 04:14 PM

Thank you!

That might well be it! I trust your palate!