SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I need help..I'm on the edge (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420823-i-need-help-im-edge.html)

wildflower70 12-25-2017 10:25 PM

I have to work tomorrow and still drinking?..what am I thinking? I don't seem to care, but i will care...in 5 hours..:a043:

Help me find my way back guys...I know I can...I screwed up

Dee74 12-25-2017 10:26 PM

There's nothing to forgive wildflower - I remember feeling exactly the way you do.

There can be a turning point for you tho, just as there was for me. You can do this :)

D

Delilah1 12-25-2017 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by wildflower70 (Post 6722238)
I have to work tomorrow and still drinking?..what am I thinking? I don't seem to care, but i will care...in 5 hours..:a043:

Help me find my way back guys...I know I can...I screwed up

Pour out what is left, get a giant glass of water and head to bed. Is it possible to take tomorrow off?

Dee74 12-25-2017 10:32 PM

I vote with Delilah :)

Pour out whats left, drink some water, hot the sack, see how you feel in the morning wildflower :)

D

JustTony 12-25-2017 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 6722240)
Pour out what is left, get a giant glass of water and head to bed. Is it possible to take tomorrow off?

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6722243)
I vote with Delilah :)

Pour out whats left, drink some water, hot the sack, see how you feel in the morning wildflower :)

D

Ditto!

You know you can do it. Time for sleep as you won;t remember or enjoy the last few glasses anyway (I know - I've been there THOUSANDS of times).

wiseheart 12-25-2017 10:40 PM

Wildflower, I have been exactly where you are. Listen to that voice that is keeping you here and posting. That is the only voice that truly cares about you. And it is telling you that you can do this. As Dee and Delilah have said, please take a pause, pour out the rest and get some sleep. Five hours of rest will make tomorrow much easier to get through.

wildflower70 12-25-2017 10:40 PM

Bless you Delilah1 for even caring,

I can do my job blindfolded, so i can flub this one time....But, moving forward, I want to be sober. you have read and understood my background. I'm not the typical "drunk", I have a good life and can really do as I please. That may be a blessing or a curse...

Verdantia 12-25-2017 10:55 PM

Hey wildflower-it's okay. This place is full of good people who understand and want to help and be helped in return. Dust yourself off and start again. Don't consider those sober days wasted but instead a learning experience; think of where you went off the plan and readjust your sails. I agree it might be a good idea to call in sick if you're not up for work. Get lots of fluids and rest, take B vitamins(particularly thiamine) as alcohol depletes them from our bodies, and don't beat yourself up-I'm still guilty of doing it to myself but it doesn't help at all-it just makes things infinitely worse. Hoping for peace and strength for you.

Gabe1980 12-26-2017 01:53 AM

Hi Wildflower. There is so much great advice here that there is not much I can add. The only thing is that I understand the feelings of shame and embarrassment coming back on SR once you've been drinking but I promise nobody is judging you here. We all care. We all want to be there for you and support you. The more you believe that and the love that's here the stronger you can be. I hope you are alright today. Please post to let us know.

Maybe go and get some help with your feelings about your mum too? It sounds really painful. Maybe a counsellor could help you with some of that. Best wishes to you. Gabe x

Berrybean 12-26-2017 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by wildflower70 (Post 6722248)
....But, moving forward, I want to be sober. you have read and understood my background. I'm not the typical "drunk", I have a good life and can really do as I please. That may be a blessing or a curse...

One thing I've learnt from this place and AA meetings is that there is no such thing as the typical drunk. There may well be common feelings and reactions, but as far as our lives, these are many and varied. Certainly the stereotypical version of The Drunk seems few and far between. I am yet to meet anyone in recovery with a rope belt for example. Although a man wearing a very smart suit in a meeting (he was enroute home after heading a conference for the charity he is now manager of) assured me he once did own and wear such an accessory.

I soon discovered in meetings that I am only as different from the rest of the 'drunks' as they were from each other. I certainly was not the only professional with a master's degree in any meeting I've attended. Or the only person who never slept rough or didn't drink 'every'day. Once i stopped thinking I was special and diffrent from them I became much more teachable, and the learning that resulted from that made for much more comfortable sobriety.

Not sure how much yourereading and posting on other threads at the moment, but this one is definitely worth a looksie... https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...as-washup.html

Take care.
BB

DarklingSong 12-26-2017 04:23 AM

Thinking of you Wildflower, hope you are getting through.....no matter what happens keep posting. I am in the shame of relapse too. Lets not have that feeling make us drink today....

PurpleKnight 12-26-2017 09:29 AM

Everyone is welcome here on SR!! :hug: