SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Halloween Weekenders Thread 27-31/10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/417993-halloween-weekenders-thread-27-31-10-a.html)

Dee74 10-30-2017 03:35 PM

Some good advice here H&S :)
Its never too late to change.

D

Purplrks3647 10-30-2017 04:26 PM

(((H&S))) So glad you posted! Stay here with us! :grouphug:

biminiblue 10-30-2017 05:00 PM

Boos :Ghost2: not booze.

I was serious about that every-page-thing

andyh 10-30-2017 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 6655444)
Boos :Ghost2: not booze.

hugs :grouphug: not drugs!

BixBees505 10-30-2017 05:47 PM

Good evening, fine friends. I’ve had a good day, and looking forward to more of the same tomorrow. Moods have been so unpredictable, and sleep so rotten. But after a rough start, I had a dang good day. Nothing special. Just work and family. Ahhhhhhh....sober!

Enjoyed reading up this thread. You people are hilarious and wrenching by turns!

SAH/HAS...we do believe in you. Reading around SR, you know you are not alone at the extremity in which you find yourself. So many here have gone through similar, same, almost, and worse. That’s why we all KNOW you can do this. I’m so grateful for the struggles and stories shared.

Well, I’m going to take advantage of an empty house tonight and go to bed early enough to try longer at this elusive thing...what is it called again??...oh yes, SLEEP.

Later.

STDragon 10-30-2017 07:22 PM

Hey H&S, so glad to see you back. Keep strong, we all want to do this.

vMan, I recall at about three months getting headaches. They weren't bad but I rarely get headaches so they stood out.

theVman31 10-30-2017 11:14 PM

Its halloween and the boos and booze busters are here :

If there's something strange in you neighborhood
Who you gonna call? (boosbusters)
If there's something weird
And it don't look good
Who you gonna call? (boozebusters)

Mr multihreading :) the same rarely get headache so its sticking out...
I know its early and i have alot of me to discover and rewire.

Have a good day.

saoutchik 10-31-2017 05:10 AM

Happy Halloween Weekenders.

5 days late but I have been paid:)

theVman31 10-31-2017 05:15 AM

So you happy with your bonus Sao ?
Bonusses are great arent they :)

biminiblue 10-31-2017 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 6655857)
Happy Halloween Weekenders.

5 days late but I have been paid:)

Moar chocolate.

I don't know where I'll go to watch the scary little kids tonight...I think most of them go to festivals and/or weekend events. I've lived here 25 years and never a trick or treater. :(

My downtown little town used to have the merchants out on the street with candy and they closed the main street and had live music and the fire department and stuff: now the entire main street is dug up. Construction seems never ending. I guess progress is good, but I'm tired of the congestion and detours.

STDragon 10-31-2017 05:20 AM

I hope there is good reason for paying out late. No sign of company financial trouble?

LBrain 10-31-2017 05:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tIhwITwhSg

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you rocks, build something. Too often many of us have been dealt a bag of rocks throughout our lives. It's what we do with those rocks that makes the difference. Put those rocks to good use and build from them.

BixBees505 10-31-2017 05:51 AM

Good morning!
Just another workday. My house is a little remote, no neighborhoods around or near, so no TrTers.

Good day to you all.

saoutchik 10-31-2017 10:17 AM

VMan I have a sales target which I reached a couple of weeks ago so I knew in advance (way back in April) what my bonus would be.
As I mentioned before it is not anything like a Hedge Fund managers bonus but it keeps the wolf from the door.

Originally Posted by STDragon (Post 6655872)
I hope there is good reason for paying out late. No sign of company financial trouble?

. The company is fine thank you Dragon. I would not consider it a good reason but I did know in advance that my bonus would be paid a bit late because it has to be signed of by the boss who was in Mexico last week but the woman in Accounts then forgot to release my monthly salary too. Fortunately my direct debits apply on or after the 1st of the month.

Tetra 10-31-2017 01:26 PM

Happy Halloween.

I have not had the heart to post for a few days. I did go to my parents on Saturday and I get great comfort from my father. Anyway I spoke to my friend about the whole incident at work and how one of the other consultants had been off for 3 weeks so her secretary had zero to do, and my friend said “why didn’t you bring that up?” Because I was too stunned to speak that’s why.

The lady who I suspect made the complaint was missing from her desk for about an hour this morning after coffee break and all I could think was that she’s gone to our manager to complain about me again. My father said it’s unlikely. It’s a big hospital and she could have been anywhere, but I feel that she was.

I’m very worried that I could lose my job over this. I do not want to lose my job and I’m trying to be more chatty and friendly.

Anyway I’ll leave you all with this: I had a cancer patient booked in a few weeks ago. He did get a bed but for various reasons the surgery could not get done so my consultant asked me to rebook him for admission yesterday for surgery today. I was worried that he would not get a bed. So worried that I was going to go to the office late last night (it was a bank holiday here) to make sure he got a bed. My father asked me not to do that because if he didn’t get in what could I do realistically? So I left it. When I arrived this morning the first thing I did was check if he had been admitted. He was admitted at 8 AM this morning. (Only a day late that’s pretty good).

So I had everything booked - plastic surgery consult, ICU bed for after surgery etc.

So my doctor arrived down at around 6 PM and told me happily “we finally did it, thank God. I’ve done my part and now the plastic surgeon is closing him up. It was one of my more difficult cases as we had to have all the ducks in a row. First the anesthetist wanted to examine him, then the plastic surgeon, then the cardiologist as he had a pacemaker who needed to be turned off prior to surgery and then turned on after and now finally he’s in ICU”

So I told my father the above story and he said “imagine that you had a small part to play in that patients care. Doesn’t that feel nice? You need to focus more on the patients and less on what you think your colleagues are saying about you behind your back”. And my father is right as usual.

I’m still worried about losing my job. It took me long enough to get this one. My father (I’m always quoting my best friend) said it’s unlikely I’ll lose my job as my work for my own doctor is impeccable, I just wasn’t considered helpful enough towards others (even though others had zero work to do but anyway). Oh also he told me not to be bitter towards my colleague as she goes home each night with no thoughts of me and I am the one who is suffering. I’m not sure if I can do that just yet but I’ll think about it.

andyh 10-31-2017 03:38 PM

as the veil between the worlds of the living & the dead thins, beware of terrifying beasts out there tonight everyone

https://s1.postimg.org/7tigirkfbj/vampire_kitten.jpg

biminiblue 10-31-2017 04:01 PM

http://www.iruntheinternet.com/lulzd...352572445T.jpg

theVman31 11-01-2017 02:46 AM

I love reading some posts here. They always seem to evoke what many bottle up. The work place is the perpetual schoolyard. You have your group dynamics in full flow. Maybe it's an alcoholic thing but me too naturally quiet and anxious or afraid in social pressure situations. Ive learned to live with that. I came out of a little farming village in ireland. Went to uni got a few bits of paper all the while drinking . Started working and ended up in france. I do ok professionally, im a smart enough drunk. My counsellor told me one time that alot of people with alcohol problems are forces of nature ( I like to believe that)

I just wanted to say, and imagine this in an office block context : every single morning I force myself to go and say hello to every colleague. Once or twice a week I will propose to go drink a coffee with some of them. I have even managed a few visits to the cantine at lunch... This for me is harder than my actual work which I have no problem with.

OK ill stop now :)

Hope you got someone for tomorrow D.
The weekender is my favourite thread.

saoutchik 11-01-2017 05:54 AM

Happy hump day Weekenders.

I wouldn't say I was a force of nature VMan but I get by at work by reading all the really boring regulations that no one else ever reads. It is kinda my usp as I could pretend they say anything.

BixBees505 11-01-2017 06:35 AM

Good morning on Nov 1 ! Gray and overcast like November often is here.

I too really enjoy that people open up a bit about their lives on this thread. This is why, after lurking awhile, I signed up and started trying to engage in this recurring thread.

Initially I was posting the most indecipherable emotional shrieks. I was off the charts with anxiety and panic. Didn’t trust the anonymity (paranoid!) so I was writing in a kind of double talk code laced with misinformation. I actually suspected for a bit that SR had paid people to populate these forums and do all the kind and intelligent answers. At first I couldn't admit that I hadn't stopped drinking either. Many more Day 1s than I admitted to. I was a real mess.

I had never participated in an online forum or support group of any kind, and at first I couldn't understand why people were talking about their sober days and what they had for dinner. “My god, I’m dying over here, how can I break in and talk about THAT...oh GREAT now a kitty picture and a music video...have to wait for the mood to darken a bit before i kill the thread again.” But really, I wanted those sober days. I wanted exactly what I was reading about.

SO. I stuck on this thread, because of the quality of the conversation here. It is a wonderful place populated by (unpaid) honest brilliant people all over the world who give voice to their sober lives and thoughts, give comfort and wisdom and support to newcomers, and post pics of their walks/runs, their cats, their dinners, and their music. Pure awesomeness.