SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   WEEKENDER thread, no waking up to shame or embarrassment 7-9 July (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/412300-weekender-thread-no-waking-up-shame-embarrassment-7-9-july.html)

Gilmer 07-09-2017 05:01 AM

(((Tetra)))

I'll be praying. :c014:

Misc72 07-09-2017 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6530432)
That's very cool about your pool, Sunshine. How are they going to dye the water?

We have found a safe dye specifically for pools. It will only last 3 days and then go away. Won't stain the liner. They were here last night to practice the underwater cameras. My son will get to have 15 of his friends as extras. The actual filming we begin in October. My first movie with her was called Fistful of Brains. Lol I've lived a colorful life. Just gotta keep doing it Sober AF.

applewakesup 07-09-2017 09:20 AM

Hello everyone! I had a blast this morning doing a trail run. It was over 7 miles on a very hilly trail and so, so beautiful! It was my first trail run but definitely not my last. Hope everyone is having a fun Sunday!

saoutchik 07-09-2017 09:34 AM

Tetra I doubt that they would dismiss you for having a broken wrist,
especially as you have been there for over a year. I'm sure you will be typing two handed within a couple of weeks, just maybe not as fast.

Originally Posted by STDragon (Post 6530567)
Morning all. Another day of fence building. Should not be too hard today. just stringers and boards. I need to trim the posts, but I have to wait about 4 hours for the neighborhood to wake up first. Not allowed to make noise before 10am.

When I lived in West Germany (I am dating myself now) you could not mow the lawn on a Sunday. Failure to comply would result in a visit from the lawnmower police.

Gilmer 07-09-2017 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by sunshine72 (Post 6530754)
We have found a safe dye specifically for pools. It will only last 3 days and then go away. Won't stain the liner. They were here last night to practice the underwater cameras. My son will get to have 15 of his friends as extras. The actual filming we begin in October. My first movie with her was called Fistful of Brains. Lol I've lived a colorful life. Just gotta keep doing it Sober AF.

Cool dye!

What a blast for your son and his friends!

"FISTFUL OF BRAINS?"

L-O-L-O-L-O-L!!!!

BrendaChenowyth 07-09-2017 12:59 PM

Used to seeing "AF" following the words drunk or high.

ThatWasTheOldMe 07-09-2017 01:20 PM

The best part about a sober weekend?
I don't have to change my signature :p

Purplrks3647 07-09-2017 01:25 PM

LOL Brenda :D

Tetra I hope your wrist heals quickly.....it sucks having to depend on others when you're not used to it - I'm the same way. Good that you're being mindful about it :)

Sunshine that is so cool about the movie & your experience with films....horror flicks are my favorite!

Hello and happy weekend to everyone! Glad we are all getting through this together....thanks to you all for helping me every day! :tyou

BrendaChenowyth 07-09-2017 01:42 PM

I can't for the life of me remember these insulin onset and peak times exactly, no matter how many times I read over the chart!

Susiegirl 07-09-2017 02:14 PM

Weekend completed with success - off to bed now and onto Day 5 tomorrow x Night Night X

BrendaChenowyth 07-09-2017 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Susiegirl (Post 6531252)
Weekend completed with success - off to bed now and onto Day 5 tomorrow x Night Night X

I love a day 5. First day of feeling normal again. :)

Quit290117 07-09-2017 02:32 PM

Day 22 for me, spent all weekend gardening. Something I have never done. I had a slight craving yesterday due to the nice weather but it passed quickly I just thought no way. Looking forward to more sober weekends like this.
Well done everyone, here's to next weekend.👏

saoutchik 07-09-2017 03:58 PM

Welcome to Weekenders TWTOM and Quit and congratulations on 22 days.

It is later than I thought so I am going to bed. A

Soberandhealthy - how are you doing?

BrendaChenowyth 07-09-2017 04:52 PM

I thought I could jump on to the big bird shaped raft fully clothed and stay out of the water, but once I was on I couldn't get back to the ladder or even the side of the pool to get out, ended up falling in... my that was refreshing. A towel would have been nice.

Who says sober people don't do anything stupid. I was just taking a break from studying.

STDragon 07-09-2017 04:57 PM

LOL Brenda.

Another first! Fence building sober. All done - It's gonna take a lot of ice cream to recover from this weekend.

BrendaChenowyth 07-09-2017 04:59 PM

I now get milkshake cravings at the end of a long day at the hospital. This must stop.

Venecia 07-09-2017 05:46 PM

Tetra, I am sorry to hear about your arm. It's a bummer to be injured. I went through an injury last year and although it was definitely not fun, what helped me the most was to look at it objectively, almost detached. It's a temporary situation, inconvenient though it is, and the pain will dissipate. Try to take a long view. It won't last forever.

Oh, and chocolate is always prescribed!

Dee74 07-09-2017 05:56 PM

I hope you feel better soon Tetra :)

D

petals 07-10-2017 12:15 AM

Get well soon Tetra. Look on the bright side.... at least it's a visible injury so people are usually sympathetic. I know when I had time off with perforated eardrum and various chest infections etc sympathy from work was seriously lacking!
Hugs to everyone xx

STDragon 07-10-2017 04:22 AM

Happy Monday, I hope everyone managed to stay on the sober bus.