SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   WEEKENDER thread, no waking up to shame or embarrassment 7-9 July (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/412300-weekender-thread-no-waking-up-shame-embarrassment-7-9-july.html)

Gilmer 07-08-2017 03:35 PM

Hopefully in the morning things will seem more "dealable" and a lot less hopeless.

Your dad really is a gem.

Tetra 07-08-2017 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6530055)
Tetra, do they have you on pain medicine?

I hope you will be able to get a good, sound sleep tonight.

Nope. At the hospital they asked if I wanted something for the pain and hand d me 2 paracetamol. I had difficulty getting dressed this morning and arrived at A&E with my jacket zipped up over my unbuttoned shirt. The nurse asked me to take off the jacket then she had to button my shirt for me. As I left she said "any over the counter medicine would do"

Then I went to the chemist. My sling had become loose so the lady there helped me fix it a little and recommended a packet of something or other. I have learned that most people are very kind. Remember when I was isolating myself at my parents house because I was too afraid to deal with people? I was wrong

BrendaChenowyth 07-08-2017 03:41 PM

Creative pillow positioning :)

Tetra 07-08-2017 03:41 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and messages by the way

BrendaChenowyth 07-08-2017 04:46 PM

*humming Jeopardy tune*

Can I go home yet?

STDragon 07-08-2017 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 32252

STDragon 07-08-2017 05:12 PM

OMG, I'm soo bagged, I can't keep up with my 80 year old father who came over to help with the fence. Our game plan was to work for a few hours in the morning then stop to let the daytime heat pass. We had one last hole to dig, but it was full of tree roots. He would not stop until it was finished.

STDragon 07-08-2017 05:15 PM

Sorry about your writs Tetra, hope it starts feeling better soon. My mother in-law fell a couple of summers ago and broke her arm. The very same week she got the cast off she tripped on the sidewalk and broke it again. She spent nearly the whole summer in a sling.

Misc72 07-08-2017 05:19 PM

I did low budget horror movies a few years back. I became pretty close with the director. She and a film crew are coming over to practice shooting in my pool for a movie called Blood of the Mummy. We will turn my pool into a blood bath. This will be so fun and I'm Sober AF!

BrendaChenowyth 07-08-2017 05:29 PM

Lmao. That is cool.

STDragon 07-08-2017 06:30 PM

"Sorry about your writs". Doh!

BrendaChenowyth 07-08-2017 07:02 PM

Someone nearby is setting off fireworks still. I think it goes without saying they're for me. And my fireflies said to tell you hello.

Caramel 07-08-2017 07:02 PM

Tetra - I'm so sorry that happened to you - I hope your wrist gets better quickly. Gentle :hug:

saoutchik 07-08-2017 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is really cool about the horror movies sunshine. I can remember the old Hammer film called Blood from the Mummy's Tomb with Valerie Leon (she was hot).

It is cloudy and humid this morning and the air is shimmering with pollution.

Gilmer 07-09-2017 12:24 AM

"...the air is shimmering with pollution."

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Susiegirl 07-09-2017 01:05 AM

Sorry to hear about your wrist Tetra - Enjoy your time off work, rest and let your friends and family spoil you X

Gilmer 07-09-2017 01:16 AM

That's very cool about your pool, Sunshine. How are they going to dye the water?

Trees39 07-09-2017 02:20 AM

Hi all, in.

Tetra poor you, hope u feel better soon.

This year had been full on so far and I need a quieter second half please Gods.

I'm sober though. Feel slightly unhinged and not on this planet day to day, not depressed or isolated but just super aware of myself and my surroundings and what people are saying to me like I'm watching a movie .. it's a bit weird.

Anyway have decided to go see a pysch person to talk to. My life has changed so much Over the last 4 years I want to make sure I'm okay. I feel I am .. but I need someone else to tell me I am..
validation hussy.. that's me.

Anyway, love to all.

STDragon 07-09-2017 04:17 AM

Morning all. Another day of fence building. Should not be too hard today. just stringers and boards. I need to trim the posts, but I have to wait about 4 hours for the neighborhood to wake up first. Not allowed to make noise before 10am.

Tetra 07-09-2017 04:17 AM

Oh sometimes I wonder why does God hate me? It's hard doing things with one arm. My mom said she would wash my hair for me tonight. I have thought about all of this in the morning and the thing I have to realise is that I cannot change what happened. So I can either be miserable and make life even more difficult not only for myself but also for others around me or I can accept and try to get on with things as best I can.
I spoke with my housemate yesterday. She is on disability after an accident. She said "you were lucky you didn't hit your head. That's what happened to me".

I suppose I'm worried about my job. I know I complain about my boss a lot but I like my job. I'll know more by tomorrow evening I suppose