SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   *Ring Ring* Weekender August 12th Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/395972-ring-ring-weekender-august-12th-part-2-a.html)

happyandfree 08-14-2016 04:46 PM

I didn't know you can mix that terrible stuff with Gatorade...I'll remember that for my next one in 5 years
I'm vegging in front of the tv. Had brains chicken strips and pasta with pesto for dinner. Basil is abundant these days.
I know what you mean brynn. I had such a nice 3 day weekend and I intend to enjoy this Sunday evening.

BigShoe 08-14-2016 04:51 PM

Hey y'all

Brynn don't surrender to the Monday on Sunday. Guess it's a good reason for wonky schedule. But I'm tired and have a big day tomorrow before a day off on Tuesday. Had easy morning and got to stop for some views myself. Cool marine layer hanging over puget sound off Seattle [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2wn9qoh.jpg[/IMG]

bigsombrero 08-14-2016 04:59 PM

Hi gang,

Better late than never. My father's visiting me down here in Guatemala and we've been busy touring around. My ladyfriend visited this weekend also so we were enjoying the region together. Lots of sightseeing, photography, and EATING like crazy. Keep up the great work everyone.

coingod 08-14-2016 05:43 PM

I made it. First weekend sober in 15 years and my longest sober streak ever. Start a new job tomorrow. Hopefully i dont have a case of insomnia tonight

LadyBlue0527 08-14-2016 05:51 PM

Good going coin god!!!

gettingsmarter 08-14-2016 06:09 PM

That's great coingod

Dee74 08-14-2016 06:12 PM

That's a great achievement coingod )
Good to see you BigShoe :)
D

happyandfree 08-14-2016 06:15 PM

Way to go coin! The first few weekends are the hardest, then it gets easier. Good luck tomorrow with the new job

biminiblue 08-14-2016 06:24 PM

Really well done, coingod.

Nice picture, BigShoe. :)

I hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow, Ken. No pun intended.

Hello and talk to you all later.

MLD51 08-14-2016 06:40 PM

Home from a fun, long day out and about. The weather was so nice so I just stayed outside as much as possible. Now I'm beat, and headed to bed.

Good luck tomorrow, coingod, and great that you made it through the weekend!

Goodnight, folks.

Ruby2 08-14-2016 06:58 PM

http://i65.tinypic.com/29w038h.jpg

1,155 pounds of bacon on the hoof. This picture in no way captures how massive this guy truly is.

Coingod, good luck tomorrow. Starting a job on Monday morning without a hangover and the sick anxious fear is priceless.

petals 08-14-2016 07:02 PM

Lovely day out with some of my junior petals and Mr p. Even had the big yellow ball in the sky, think we used to call it the sun! Well it is supposed to be summer over here! Good luck Ken. Hi to everyone both newbies and non newbies. Xx

Ruby2 08-14-2016 07:07 PM

Hi Petals! Seeing the sun is a good thing.

LBrain 08-14-2016 07:28 PM

Hope all are well
can't read posts using da phone to good now
fresh trout for dinner

Rained liks a **** first night. Raft tripnwas ninety four degrees
if it wasn't raining it was hot and humid
tear down in morning. Had a bass tow me around on kayak tonight
moon is glowing through the haze

Ruby2 08-14-2016 08:22 PM

Very stream of consciousness there Brain. I can feel that weather from your description. Glad to hear from you.

Quiet here. My aunt is watching the Olympics. My uncle is connected to the Xbox and playing some shoot 'em up with my Dad who's in Chicago. Amazing thing, the internet.

brynn 08-14-2016 08:30 PM

Sweet dreams all
xoxo

Ruby2 08-14-2016 09:16 PM

Good night Brynn!

Soberwolf 08-14-2016 09:19 PM

Good morning everyone x

Melina 08-14-2016 09:59 PM

Good morning, soberwolf!

I just got home from dinner and a drive. Salt broiled salmon, veggies, rice, miso soup, and green tea ice cream. It was a beautiful evening to head south in Chicago down Ashland, and loop up taking Lake Shore Drive north. A very nice and relaxing experience at night.

I love dining solo. I brought a book. There's a used book store right by my work and I picked up some books that I'm happy don't have to go back to the library, oh the pressure! Even with online renewals. I hate having overdue books.

Anyway, back to dining solo. So many of my meals are skipped, or eaten on the fly while sitting on a milk crate. 2 milk crates stacked up is really luxury. We take turns amongst the cooks to get a seat while we eat. So it's kinda miserable, and that's been my life for years.

The thought of going out to dinner with a group of friends isn't super appealing to me. I can go with two friends tops. But one friend is better, and just me is ideal.

I get to contemplate my food and how it was prepared. I can eat in silence, which feels so special to me.

The only thing I like better in an eating scenario was eating with my ex and his son. I love to feed children I love. And to watch my man eat. That's really something, too. I get a lot out of that due to my strong nurturing instincts.

Now I'm home, sober, contemplative and a bit melancholy over some continuous head on wall banging actions I still do in regards to a certain person.

But I'm sober. I am looking for ways to increase my sober strength as I work a very demanding job in terms of time commitment. 2 AA meetings a day every day isn't feasible like it was when I was unemployed..

I listened to a sober podcast on my drive. Man, I love those things. I consider them an important recovery tool for me, and I was slacking on listening.

That's it. I'm gonna get back into my book and also probably poke around the internet a bit.

xoxo

Soberwolf 08-14-2016 10:17 PM

Awesome post Melina :hug: