SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394598-grand-old-weekender-july-15th-part-2-a.html)

bigsombrero 07-17-2016 06:51 PM

Great pix, Mesa. I sure do miss being up high in the mountains - from what I hear there's big volcanic activity in Guatemala and I'm missing all the fun. That said, at least I don't have to deal with ash and soot all over the patio, hopefully it will wash away before I return on Wednesday to my place there.

Ooooh - I got a new passport! My old one was full, but wasn't expired - they don't give you new pages anymore, you have to get a whole new book. Went to the passport office in Minneapolis last Tuesday and the passport arrived in Florida yesterday. Nice. Also got new glasses and contacts, so I'm feeling pretty happy about all the things I've accomplished - though I'm also much poorer for it!

Right now I'm in Florida, visiting my dad and his partner. It's pretty relaxing (although hotter than hell), especially after all the activity with my extended family in Minneapolis. Kids, aunts, uncles, sisters, mothers, the whole 9 yards. Down here in Gainesville it's nice to enjoy the slow life and just take it easy. We did visit the Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings house (and did a tour) on Saturday. She wrote "The Yearling" among other stories, I haven't read it but have heard of it of course. I probably should now, but I just don't see it as "my type of story". Never know until you try, though.

Sorry to hear about the frustration, Ruby. It must be a real headache dealing with a husband who is using and living dangerously - those types don't make for great roomies or partners. Then again making changes aren't as easy as just flipping a switch. Dominoes will fall and it's not a fun scenario to play out in your mind. We're here for ya and we're listening if you need it.

Ruby2 07-17-2016 07:08 PM

Sounds like a great trip BigS. Hopping all over the place while you're here.

MNL, my cats meow all over the place too. One of them starts randomly howling right after I get in bed. It's irritating and I wonder if she's senile. Then she comes and lays on my chest.

Lightning show in the distance. It's pretty cool but far off. We can't hear it at all.

MissNewLife 07-17-2016 07:35 PM

Mine always wants to lie on my face and purr lol. He's a hairless kitty too. It's pretty funny. I usually let him because I"m a pushover hehe.

Venecia 07-17-2016 07:39 PM

Well, I've had a pretty non-productive day. Went and got a gift card for the boss's going away party. Could probably spend some time trying to look like I'll miss her but nawwwww.

Lovely photo, again, Mesa! Glad to hear you're having a nice visit with your dad, Big S! Bodhi, I'll be happy to give you N.M. tips. Part of me wishes I'd returned their for my vacay in May, but I needed some sea time so there you have it.

(((Ruby))) Don't ever worry that you cannot share with us just because it's happened before. You're deeply cared for here.

happyandfree 07-17-2016 07:47 PM

Hi everyone -
Busy weekend here...fun weekend. Saw The Secret Life of Pets today with a kid and enjoyed it. Then had a friend over for dinner. ..best turkey loaf ever. And made mashed cauliflower and it was....almost....As good as mashed potatoes. :)
I hope I didn't miss anything earth shattering here. Too much to catch up.
ok- gonna read for a while.

Ruby2 07-17-2016 07:53 PM

HaF, glad you had a good weekend. I think mashed cauliflower would be good with butter and capers.

Venecia, that boss bit made me laugh. It's nice of you to get a gift card. I skipped out on the going away soirées for my two departed bosses. Just can't see me going into a bar.

Ruby2 07-17-2016 07:54 PM

MNL, at least your cat is hairless. Mine always wants to sit by my face after I've put Vaseline on my lips. Vaseline and cat hair. Ugh

happyandfree 07-17-2016 08:30 PM

I made the cauliflower just like mashed potatoes. .butter, milk, salt and pepper. Delish!

Soberwolf 07-17-2016 09:23 PM

Good morning everyone

Jsbodhi 07-17-2016 09:56 PM

Ok- as much as I hate to admit it- I absolutely love white trash rednecks.
There, I said it out loud.
I love them- always have.

Deleted video- too much drinkin

Jsbodhi 07-17-2016 10:17 PM

For the love of god keep me out of the south.
I'll join these boys on guitar and never go home.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed3scbbCyy8

Jsbodhi 07-17-2016 10:37 PM

And this one is my bestie and I- except we're brunette
We've been singing it haha
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruvf6Y9noyg

saoutchik 07-17-2016 11:35 PM

Morning everyone

Ruby, perhaps it is time for lock changing, he needs to get his act together

Great photo Mesa, congratulations on 2 and a half years

saoutchik 07-17-2016 11:39 PM

Brynn, the last few years the hottest day of the year has topped out at 35 or 36C that's 96F. We only manage the odd day of these temperatures - nothing like where you are

LBrain 07-18-2016 12:23 AM

wife woke me up when she crawled in bed - and she tried her best not to disturb me... guess I'll take almost six hours...
congrats on getting the new passport taken care of BigS - and everything else...

cool stuff mesa...
HAF, when I make mashed cauliflower I use garlic ... soon I will be mashing homegrown cauliflower, it working hard to survive...

good morning across the pond...

I sat outside for a few minutes under the bright almost full moon contemplating what I still need to do outside...
but have to shift gears soon... the phone rang - her's - next to the bed, son got his visa, prolly visit in August... need to make the house into a hotel and put on my tour guide hat again... NYC here we come... hope to get a long weekend camping/kayak/fishing while he's here also - just the mens... maybe do a whitewater raft trip... lots of options,

another Bodhi inspired tune...

as I was relocating some mulch the other day, I capture the liveliest worms I ever came across - they were jumping I swear... might put them to use this morning... she's off today, fresh fish on the grill sounds like a good idea...'

happy Monday

lunar 07-18-2016 12:25 AM

Morning!
Productive weekend here.
Maintained my 11 critter enclosures.
Took three killer naps each day.
Hope all is well Ruby and MNL.
I see some nice photos!
SP, exactly where did you sell those CD's to?
I've got boxes in the basement full.

Trees39 07-18-2016 02:06 AM

Night all,

Ruby I feel for you. One day the decision will come.

I remember the morning my marriage was over. things went on for so long and I was so miserable. I didn't really appreciate how miserable I was. I just thought it was how everyone felt. Tired, overwhelmed, trapped, resentful. I used to read books on happiness whilst trying to sober up.

The day he landed the bomb shell - other women ,money wasted, lies, ... I let out the biggest sigh and said .. Well that's it..

Think I needed something to happen so I could 'legitimately' let go and then all the bloody anger and grieving kicked in..

Few years ago now.. I don't read books about happiness anymore and I've a better relationship with my kids because all that energy goes into me and them now.. And not a relationship that was dead. I think he's happier too.

My story and not yours .. And we will be here for you whatever you decide whenever you decide it.

LadyBlue0527 07-18-2016 03:18 AM

Good Morning!

Ruby, thinking of you, life is hard enough without having to put up with that crap.

I had an interesting thing happen over the weekend. I was telling someone a story about my work environment and heard the word "toxic" being used. So I looked up "toxic work environment" and had to laugh hysterically. It gave 7 red flags that denote if this is could be the case.

We could be the poster child for that page.

I don't know, maybe understanding this will help me deal with the day better.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Behan 07-18-2016 03:32 AM

Good morning all.

I think they may be the twins from the Shinning in LBs video. Come fish with us Danny.

LBrain 07-18-2016 03:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
it looks me, lunar and ladyblue are the only east coasters - weasel in stealth mode of course - this morning.
went to grocery store - nothing so soothing as walking through the produce section with the lights still not turned on... got peaches
bacon was on 'sale' 3.99 a pound, I put 2 in the freezer, one in the deli box in the fridge and one on the stove...
I figured I deserve to cook myself a pound of bacon if I so chose, and a side order of one big fat blueberry pancake with some whipped cream...

congrats to all newcomers who made it through the weekend, anyone hear from Simplicity lately? Hope she's still 'with' us.

anyway, a good Monday to all (Tuesday >Trees), start off your week right - a clear head and mind, and no regrets from the weekend...

feast your eyes on my breakfast feast... + coffee