SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394598-grand-old-weekender-july-15th-part-2-a.html)

Soberpotamus 07-16-2016 05:06 PM

Thank you for asking, Sao. :) They are doing fine, both of them. They're out right now with Brian walking in the woods behind our house. It's thundering and about to rain. My husband is crazy, lol.

They had a ride in the car yesterday and really enjoyed that. They love rides.

They still go on their romps in the woods, twice a day at least. They're both up at the break of dawn, tails wagging, and Katie barks excitedly to be let outside immediately.

Brian still takes them kayaking often and they love the water. They tolerate the boating but would much rather do their sniffing and scouting on dry land. He had them both on one end of the boats a few weeks ago ... the water began to come over the sides slowly and he was frantically paddling back to shore ... by the time he got within about ten feet of shore, the water was halfway up the dogs' legs. :lmao They swam in to shore. Lol! I laughed so hard when he told me.

LBrain 07-16-2016 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
calling Brynn! Brynn, you there?
I really dislike pitting cherries. But in the end, it's worth it.
vanilla bean ice cream - boring, cocoa powder sprinkled on it, better, a big handful of cherries, starting to sound good, add some crushed peanuts and a big swirl of whipped cream...

I'm set for the evening now ;)

Have a good night/ morning/afternoon wherever you are...

Upward2Enlightenment 07-16-2016 05:15 PM

You are SO mean brain.

Soberpotamus 07-16-2016 05:15 PM

Holy Moly, Brain. Vanilla bean ice-cream and cherries? That looks amazing.

I adore vanilla bean and I adore cherries.

I like to get those big bags of frozen dark cherries and eat a handful here and there. So good!

You guys won't believe what I'm eating after dinner ... a Twinkie, girl scout cookie thin mints, and birthday cake ice-cream. :)

Jsbodhi 07-16-2016 05:17 PM

Is it your bday soberp?!

Brain that looks delicious!!!

Soberpotamus 07-16-2016 05:19 PM

Not yet, Jen. I just like to buy birthday cake ice-cream anytime. It's my one 'cheap' ice-cream splurge. I usually buy Haagen-Dazs on sale, bogo. But sometimes I'll buy this cheap-o brand of birthday cake ice-cream ... it is delicous and goes great with cake. Just one of those weird cravings sometimes, you know?

My bday is this month, though. It's on the 29th.

MLD51 07-16-2016 05:26 PM

Ok ! It's over. I only messed up once. But man, was I nervous. There were about 40-50 people there. On the way to the town where we are spending the night tonight. I'll be ready for food and ice cream!

Soberpotamus 07-16-2016 05:29 PM

Well done, Marty! :) You have my admiration. I hate public speaking. It's quite terrifying to me.

soberclover 07-16-2016 05:33 PM

Glad it went well Marty!

Feeling emotionally blah today so sticking close to home; my safe space. Lots of great books surrounding me; just need to find the energy to read. Entertaining the though of running out to get ice cream thanks to that fabulous picture!

Jsbodhi 07-16-2016 05:34 PM

Yay marty!!!! Xoxo

You're a leo soberp? I feel like I should remember everyone's zodiac signs but I always forget.

Trees39 07-16-2016 05:43 PM

Well down Marty. People will benefit from your story and hard work.

Venecia 07-16-2016 06:19 PM

Hello!

Wow, everything has moved fast today.

I'm really proud of Marty. Her talk this evening was enlightening. This was the first time I'd heard, in real life, someone describe a journey like the one we've all been on. Her story was candid and poignant; she uplifted everyone in the room.

There's a lot of hope in the world we live in.

Thanks, Marty.

Upward2Enlightenment 07-16-2016 06:22 PM

I wish I was there to hear it.

Well done Marty. :c011:

Hawkeye13 07-16-2016 07:49 PM

Wonderful work Marty--
You may very well have changed several lives with your speech.
That must feel wonderful.

Enjoy the down time with Handyman
You've earned it :)

Ruby2 07-16-2016 08:12 PM

Yay Marty! That's great! What a good sized crowd you got. Enjoy your evening. You can relax.

I'm watching TV and kids are in bed. I'm heading there soon myself. Watching crime TV. First 48. Maybe some ice cream.

Jsbodhi 07-16-2016 08:18 PM

I just went back walking along the river for another hour.
I think I might go and watch fireworks downtown tonight.

I bought grocery day today and I always eat way too much on grocery day :(

Ruby2 07-16-2016 08:21 PM

Ooh, fireworks! That sounds cool Bodhi.

Soberclover, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I'm sorry you're feeling off kilter.

Time for me to get ready for bed. I'm going to my 8:00 meeting in the morning

Venecia 07-16-2016 08:22 PM

BTW, I also met Handyman. I think he's nice.

:)

Jsbodhi 07-16-2016 08:22 PM

Sleep well ruby xoxo

Jsbodhi 07-16-2016 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Venecia (Post 6048077)
BTW, I also met Handyman. I think he's nice.

:)

Oh I'm so jealous!!!! I really am!
I wish I could meet everyone!

I tried to meet trach but I think he's scared of me haha

I wish I had enrolled in summer classes, I'm already looking forward to fall semester so much.