SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A Family Affair January 15th Weekender (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/382959-family-affair-january-15th-weekender.html)

saoutchik 01-14-2016 03:00 PM

Welcome to Weekenders strugglingJim. Congratulations on 11 days

A plan (for me any way) was something to reinforce my fairly lame willpower when the cravings kick in as they always do in early recovery. For most people the cravings are in the evenings so some people go to AA meetings then, for myself I went out walking most weekday nights. Other people have seen their doctor and had chemical help like Antabuse. Part of the plan is also how to avoid any obvious triggers like avoiding drinking buddies. It often can just be any activity that keeps your mind occupied and not thinking about drinking

petals 01-14-2016 03:15 PM

Aw thinking of you plenny
Hugs to you and soberpotamus xx
I'm on the bus
Mmm family? ?????
Will have a ponder on that one. X

melki 01-14-2016 03:18 PM

Jim, my plan was to

1. always go into every situation ready "I will not drink. Any alcohol. Any amount." I will have soda/tea/sparkling water instead;

2. read/post on SR as much as I can;

3. remember HALT and eat, breathe, reach out, or sleep when needed;

4. start dealing with life in healthy ways, as a sober person;

5. build up my sobriety tools - walks, exercises, gentle treatment, rest...

melki 01-14-2016 03:54 PM

Watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... http://i.stack.imgur.com/bv0Wd.gif

Plenny 01-14-2016 03:56 PM

Ok he'll be here any minute

learningagain 01-14-2016 03:59 PM

Stay strong Plenny, breathe relax and remember you do not have to buy whatever he is selling :) That is YOUR choice!

melki 01-14-2016 04:01 PM

We're here with you Plenny! Walk away any time you need to and write to us. :)

Jsbodhi 01-14-2016 04:06 PM

Hi Plenny! You'll be fine, don't jump into anything again, just take your time; you don't need to decide tonight xoxo

Jim: Like sao I go for walks, I hang out here ( especially this thread because its about sober living, you see everyday first hand, how well sober life is; this thread kept me sober more than anything else; because I saw everyone actually has a real life now and its a good place to hang out)

I got lucky today! Client canceled and my class got out early!
What was supposed to be a day from hell was actually pretty easy.
Now I have the evening off, I just got back from a river walk, now I'll be house lazy, cook, do laundry and wander around in pyjamas.

Did everyone have a good day?

learningagain 01-14-2016 04:14 PM

I am in paperwork hell tonight. So much to get done to start teaching at the hospital next week, plus my own class paperwork, plus charting for clinicals.

I am getting annoyed, so decided to have a break. I have all weekend after all. Part of my personality is I want everything done yesterday, but I feel myself sinking into dangerous territory, so decided screw it, it will get done when it gets done.

melki 01-14-2016 04:20 PM

Good thinking! Let's enjoy tonight. I am also in pajamas. With pretty snowflakes on them. http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/.a...ae2b970b-800wi

LBrain 01-14-2016 04:21 PM

in other news, I have a deer strapped on the back of the jeep...

now, after changing out of muddy clothes, I gotta tend to it...

I'll be busy for a while and I didn't even break into my thermos of coffee yet.

later :)

melki 01-14-2016 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Olive1 (Post 5740527)
He was, and always will be, one of my biggest crushes. :hug:
:(

Mine too...

gettingsmarter 01-14-2016 04:27 PM

Good evening/morning sober riders!

learningagain 01-14-2016 04:31 PM

I am sending dirty texts to Mr. Fireman. Far more entertaining than school paperwork!

I am pretty useless at sexting though!

brynn 01-14-2016 04:32 PM

(((Plenny)))

Gotta catch up now....but will be in pj's shortly too, Melki! Looking forward to a piece of cherry pie and a cup of tea for dinner! Oh and I met a cute chef (at least that's what he said he was) at work today, but he seemed more like an engineer!

Tetra 01-14-2016 04:32 PM

I'm also in jammies, but they have clocks on them :)
I see The Wolf of Wall Street is on Netflix so I might watch that. I love me a bit of Leonardo DiCaprio :)
There was a funny picture of him at the Golden Globes where Lady Gaga kind of bumped into him when he was sitting down. The expression on his face when he saw it was her was funny

brynn 01-14-2016 04:34 PM

I miss sexting

brynn 01-14-2016 04:35 PM

Tetra...I'll be wearing my kitty pj's tonight :)

learningagain 01-14-2016 04:39 PM

I don't have jammies - I sleep naked. So does my son. Mr. Fireman thinks it is cos we are European LOL

melki 01-14-2016 04:44 PM

I used to sleep naked! Before the kids...