SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A Family Affair January 15th Weekender (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/382959-family-affair-january-15th-weekender.html)

Venecia 01-14-2016 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Behan (Post 5740517)
Ah geez I have a very low frustration tolerance....tell us now!!!! :)

Ditto!

And a big congratulations to Wolfie for 30 months.

Wolfie, your dedication to our community is epic, your compassion is genuine and your presence is cherished.

Olive1 01-14-2016 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5740470)

I was saddened to hear on the radio that Alan Rickman died. Also 69 and also of cancer. I always enjoyed watching him.

He was, and always will be, one of my biggest crushes. :hug:
:(

LBrain 01-14-2016 07:45 AM

family eh? I do the best I can these days with my immediate family.
I still struggle to see them and spend time with them. Still uncomfortable around them - most of them.
My Uncle was a role model who was joy to visit and spend time with.
The polar opposite of my mother.
Two days ago I visited my aunt in a hospital in Philly and sat with her for a few hours. She had a stroke, age 87, but it wasn't devastating.
I cut up her dinner and helped her to eat - forced her to eat. It was like feeding a two year old. All the 'important' things I had to do that day took a backseat.
I got a 36 dollar parking ticket because I didn't know I had to pay to park. Philly sux but I was happy I found a spot. Went to Drexel administration for some business for the wife. Was not part of the planned trip to Philly. Then walked to UofP hospital to visit aunt.
I was thinking as I was walking through the campuses that if I win the lottery I'm going back to school full time. Penn and Drexel overlap it seems.
Anyway, the 36 dollar ticket didn't bother me at all. I got to spend time with my aunt and didn't have to drive around for a half hour looking for parking. At least I learned there is no such thing as free parking in Philly.

MLD, instead of 'writing' why not just go visit.

LBrain 01-14-2016 07:47 AM

a clip

biminiblue 01-14-2016 07:54 AM

The new parking pay stations, instead of meters, LB? They took out the meters, now you have to put the little paper ticket in your window?

We have them in Seattle too, so if you come here, look for the pay station. Ain't no free parking nowhere no how.

Lots of people get tickets since that started. I think you can fight it one time and win here. Might be worth it to you, might not. It is confusing.

http://media.komonews.com/images/100...ng_meter_1.jpg

MLD51 01-14-2016 07:57 AM

I know I should visit. THAT would be a real challenge to my sobriety. I'm trying to work up the courage to go.

biminiblue 01-14-2016 08:06 AM

Just bumping this one up, some activity on the old thread...

LBrain 01-14-2016 08:14 AM

good to know we have a thread monitor on duty...

congrats on 30 months SW!

biminiblue 01-14-2016 08:23 AM

:bigok:

I monitor. It's what I do.

Soberpotamus 01-14-2016 08:23 AM

Miserable the last hour before next pain dosage. Swollen so much I don't look like myself.

Very hard at the moment.

biminiblue 01-14-2016 08:25 AM

. I took it to PMs.

Soberpotamus 01-14-2016 08:29 AM

They said my face would look like this until about day 4-5. By tomorrow worst swelling over supposedly.

Plenny 01-14-2016 08:51 AM

Yeah.

Plenny 01-14-2016 08:55 AM

Ok catching up.

Soberp hang in there, you got this. Be very delicate with yourself and caring

ChickChick 01-14-2016 09:06 AM

Oh my so very sad about Alan Rickman. :( I see a Harry Potter - athon coming this weekend. I don't want to tell my kids.

ChickChick 01-14-2016 09:07 AM

Soberp I really hope the swelling starts going down after today. No fun.

Behan 01-14-2016 09:09 AM

Hang in there SP - this will pass!!!

I'm having a packet of Rolo's, waiting for home time. No motivation to do anything.

No work tomorrow!!! Woo hoo!!! Going on a road trip this weekend with Mrs B and junior to visit the grandparents.

Trees39 01-14-2016 09:10 AM

I'm in. :)

Ruby2 01-14-2016 09:10 AM

It'll pass SP. That's only small comfort but it won't last forever.

Brain, I was waiting for you or Mesa to spring that song. It's been running through my head since I read the thread this morning. It's good of you to visit your aunt in the hospital. It was kind of you. I cant imagine how I would feel if I could no longer do tasks for myself that were once second nature.

Bummer on the ticket. Chicago did what Seattle did. Pay and display. An intense sore spot.

Heading to the office.

Behan 01-14-2016 09:10 AM

I just ate the last Rolo..........

Does that make me a monster?