SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Let's share Weekender Sept 11 until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/375315-lets-share-weekender-sept-11-until.html)

trachemys 09-12-2015 11:30 AM

Hey, saou...no dissin' Cher, OK. One of the best voices of my lifetime and looks like that? No dissin' Cher.

:D

brynn 09-12-2015 11:35 AM

Who's Cher?

biminiblue 09-12-2015 11:39 AM

I'm not sure I'm following on the Cher comment. Has she had a lot of plastic surgery?

<<~~~~~~~ bim = out of all the loops that have to do with Pop Culture.

Della1968 09-12-2015 11:54 AM

If I had the money I would have every plastic surgery known to man.

brynn 09-12-2015 12:06 PM

Just looked her up. Sorry trach, but I thought she was a drag queen. That shows how much I know about pop culture.

I go to a med spa for facials that does Botox and such. I don't have wrinkles yet and I try to stay ahead of them with retin A but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to anything that helped!

Ruby2 09-12-2015 12:09 PM

Back from garage sales and grocery store. No dizzee rascals at my store. Probably a good thing.

I post pics using tinypic. I can't see the ones posted off albums here on my phone, apparently. Can't see mesa's pic. Guns in the wrong hands scare me but I work with police officers every day so I'm used to people walking around with them on their hips.

I think I'll make some chili today. Stew tomorrow. Time to put the groceries away.

Venecia 09-12-2015 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5554196)
Mesa, to a non American that photo looks kinda chilling

To many, many Americans, as well.

saoutchik 09-12-2015 12:12 PM

Della, if you had lots of money you wouldn't need to. People gonna love you anyway

Saoutchik loves you as you are

Trach - I think I commented positively on Chers voice. No disrespect intended, just that she looks only tangentially human

Venecia 09-12-2015 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Della1968 (Post 5554278)
If I had the money I would have every plastic surgery known to man.

I know the feeling. A friend and I actually looked into a Groupon for Juvederm. Sigh.

trachemys 09-12-2015 12:15 PM

Hey, brynn, no problem. Just a fanboy. :biglaugh:

Soberwolf 09-12-2015 12:28 PM

I think it's the soul that shines through most on SR and if SR is a nightsky then I see a lot of stars :hug:

hope everyone is having a nice weekend

For those that don't know cher I'm 33 and wondering has no one heard 'dead ringer for love' she sung that with meatloaf

I remember at being at family friends parties growing up hearing the karoake blaring 'if I could turn back time' 'believe'

Mrs sw said I saw cher funny lol

Della1968 09-12-2015 12:29 PM

Xoxox SAO....I needed that today

trachemys 09-12-2015 12:47 PM

saou, no problems. I like science fiction.

Trees39 09-12-2015 12:50 PM

Happy sober Sunday morning, it's gonna rain today.

VIG44 09-12-2015 12:56 PM

All aboard!!

brynn 09-12-2015 01:01 PM

Hi VIG! :)

saoutchik 09-12-2015 01:30 PM

Hi Vig

Trach lolz - i'm an admirer too but she is a silicon based lifeorm these days. Grace Slick has had nothing done and she still looks great. Must've been the LSD

I heard music and singing - there is a party taking place in our courtyard. I just went out on my balcony and people were calling up ( i guess it helps if a resident is there). Well I shall go and say hello

Aarryckha 09-12-2015 02:40 PM

I wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone!

Well, Friday was disappointing. I had plans to meet up with a couple of folks for brats up in Wisconsin but I woke up feeling like I had a horrible hangover. My worst memory of drinking has always been going through detox and, up until yesterday, I had forgotten what a bad hangover felt like. So glad that I'm not going through that anymore, but I felt like I let folks down because I had to cancel last minute. We are planning on rescheduling, though, so something to look forward to.

LBrain, "I Hear the Bells" is an all time favorite song of mine. I heard it in an episode of Grey's Anatomy and downloaded it that night.

I'm ready for football season. Born, raised, and currently living in the Chicago area, I am a Chicago Bears fan through and through, but I have little faith in Cutler. He's a horrible leader, IMO, and his attitude just plain stinks. Since I lived in Seattle for eight years, I root for the Seahawks too. I love doing fantasy football and it gives me something to occupy myself.

Speaking of football, I'd really like to find someplace to go to watch games outside of the house. My mom doesn't understand why I yell and get excited so it'd be nice to find a nice place to hang out. That usually means bars though. Honestly, I don't feel like I'd be tempted to drink being at a bar, just not sure I wanna be around drunk people. Anyone have any alternative suggestions?

And hey, just throwing this out there, if there is anyone in the Chicago-ish area that ever wants to get together, we should try to get some coffee or something sometime.

MLD51 09-12-2015 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got back from an art fair. Came REALLY close to buying a gorgeous framed print for $400. I walked away with the guy's card. He won best in show - for a reason. I looked up the print on his website so I can sleep on it. We sold my grandmother's house this week so pretty soon I can afford the print for real. I know damn well I'm buying it. Just couldn't quite pull the trigger today.

Attachment 27799

Behan 09-12-2015 04:22 PM

Hey all,

Having a wonderful, road trip, family and friends encountering weekend. Lots of heavy rain. Loving every minute of it!

Had a relaxing evening. Watched Jurrasic World. In bed now. I love the silence of the countryside at night.

Keep well soberenders!

B