SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay Sober Memorial Day Weekender May 21 - 26 Pt. 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/368033-stay-sober-memorial-day-weekender-may-21-26-pt-2-a.html)

ArtFriend 05-25-2015 08:52 AM

Yes, I did get the bite when I was trying to catch the bunny. I don't know where he is now. Such a shame. The rain has forced the fire ants out of the ground and they are in the lawn.

Ruby2 05-25-2015 09:14 AM

I'm just glad we don't have fire ants, yet. I'm sure they'll find a way at some point. My brother lived in Texas for a few years. He doesn't miss the ants.

I'm looking at yesterday's paper. Kids are fighting. Nothing new.

Ruby2 05-25-2015 09:55 AM

In my Sunday paper was an entire page devoted to lobster roll. Mentioned the Lobster Shack and Eventide Oyster Co. A Weasel reminder.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hnxb1x.jpg

Della1968 05-25-2015 10:30 AM

Big S it was most definitely shame. That's one big thing I am working on in therapy. Hope you get your wheels back soon.

I could eat a lobster roll every day and never get sick of them I would however get sick of the Spanx I would have to wear to compensate for the lobster rolls. Not fair.

ArtFriend 05-25-2015 10:57 AM

I can relate

1 Attachment(s)
This is how many of feel here in Texas and OK

EndGameNYC 05-25-2015 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by bigsombrero (Post 5389264)
Antsy about getting my truck back today.

"Antsy?"

. . .

I too Googled 'spanx'. Not my finest hour.

I'll need to edit my Google search history and then do searches to replace that history with things like 'Sartre', 'Baudelaire', 'Higgs Boson', 'Neurotic Styles', 'Love and Will', and 'Psychology and the Human Dilemma'.

Never mind. :peek

Ruby2 05-25-2015 11:39 AM

I don't know, EndGame. Go all out and Google Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

I'm going to meander over to my parents' house now. I have to simmer down. Son has a book report to do and he doesn't want to sit and do it. Drives me crazy. Plus they want a ********** presentation. For 4th grade. That flummoxes me because I don't know ********** and neither does my son. Tried to get him to do a handwritten outline to plug into the slides but it's a losing battle. I guess I'm resigning myself to the fact that he isn't going to do well with advanced academics. Smart, but no focus

Ruby2 05-25-2015 11:40 AM

Why did they ex out power point?

CaseyW 05-25-2015 11:43 AM

Because it's a very naughty word. Or else some moderator really holds a grudge against a job where they had to do a lot of ********** presentations. I used to post on a website where one of the moderators banned the word "Mr. Peanut" because of a childhood trauma suffered at the hands of a supermarket salesman in a Mr. Peanut costume.

mecanix 05-25-2015 11:44 AM

Always good to have a spare fan belt , spark plugs & leads , rotor arm , dizzy cap ( depending on you vehicle) 1 1/2" -2" hose (depending on your car) and a few cir-clips jerry can of fuel and enough water and coolant to charge the system IMHO . tyre weld in a can .

Wont take up much room in your trunk but it'd sure speed up the repairs if you have issues bigS . I tend to have 2 spare wipers in the boot too as when they go wrong it always seems to be in the middle of a rain storm .

I tend to keep the old parts after a service as it can still be a useable spare .

bigsombrero 05-25-2015 12:52 PM

Great advice, Mex - my alternator belt gave this time, and one of the pulleys was also pretty mucked up. Sure would have been nice to have a spare belt - especially since it's a rather odd size and can't be found easily. Looks like everything should be taken care of by 5pm today, wish me luck on my journey. It will be a good excuse to stop by the nice grocery store outside of town on the way home, perhaps pick myself up a reward (Haggen Daaz). In the meantime, time to hunker down and watch the Twins beat the Red Sox!

saoutchik 05-25-2015 12:55 PM

4th Grade is 8/ 9 year old isn't it? That seems way too young to be doing power point presentations.

Mind you I was 26 before I could tie my own shoelaces. I still struggle with ties

I've had a sober long weekend and I have done a lot of work on my Lancia but it hasn't been an especially enjoyable one

Even the limited social life I "enjoyed" when I was drinking, well it seemed to revolve around drink. Fed up of not going to things because drinking is involved

I want to stay sober but was hoping for a bit more recovery by now

Sorry for being the class whiner

EndGameNYC 05-25-2015 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5389450)
I don't know, EndGame. Go all out and Google Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

Yeah. That's not gonna happen. I do have my standards, you know. :nana:

EndGameNYC 05-25-2015 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5389450)
I guess I'm resigning myself to the fact that he isn't going to do well with advanced academics. Smart, but no focus

I was the same way. Years of having to read "Not living up to his potential," even in my early years in grad school. The few times I did my homework, it was on the bus on the way to school. Things changed when I found what I loved doing.

bigsombrero 05-25-2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5389553)
I want to stay sober but was hoping for a bit more recovery by now

Sorry for being the class whiner

No apologies needed. Took me about 2 years to start feeling OK about things. Is there anything you'd like to do that would really get your blood pumping? Why not make plans to do it? Building a library of awesome sober experiences can help get you out of the doldrums.

site1Q84 05-25-2015 01:36 PM

Wow! I missed a lot on here being busy this weekend!

Sorry to hear about the flooding, fire ants, and the lost bunny Art.

Glad to have another weekend under my belt!

brynn 05-25-2015 01:49 PM

This site also asterisks out the plural of license for some weird reason.

Ok, did my neighborly duty and went to the indoor cookout.....brought a veggie tray and an olive tray. However, I couldn't get on board with the kids pranks this year......I could see potential lawsuits in the making!

Saoutchik.....you aren't whining at all and I think bigS has some really good suggestions!

Mecanix.....I don't even know what half those things are much less have them in my car! Or maybe I do have them and just don't know it! Blah! Im so unprepared!

ZaBoozer 05-25-2015 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5389553)
4th Grade is 8/ 9 year old isn't it? That seems way too young to be doing power point presentations. Mind you I was 26 before I could tie my own shoelaces. I still struggle with ties I've had a sober long weekend and I have done a lot of work on my Lancia but it hasn't been an especially enjoyable one Even the limited social life I "enjoyed" when I was drinking, well it seemed to revolve around drink. Fed up of not going to things because drinking is involved I want to stay sober but was hoping for a bit more recovery by now Sorry for being the class whiner

Hang in there saoutchick. Any thoughts of a holiday perhaps? Spain? Beaches? Something with blue seas, white sands and bikinis?

You're doing well mate, really you are.

saoutchik 05-25-2015 02:39 PM

Thanks BigSomb,Brynn, Zab dunno where it came from but out of the blue I just started to feel empty. Probably HALT stuff.

I ex

ArtFriend 05-25-2015 02:47 PM

Wow, what a day! Tornados all over the place... heavy heavy rain....thunderstorms... locusts, frogs, pestilence............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HHH