SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay Sober Memorial Day Weekender May 21 - 26 Pt. 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/368033-stay-sober-memorial-day-weekender-may-21-26-pt-2-a.html)

brynn 05-24-2015 09:17 PM

Ninja warrior? I must be really out of the loop but sounds interesting! :)

Did you see the sun peek out this afternoon, GS?

gettingsmarter 05-24-2015 09:38 PM

It was nice seeing a few rays of light.
Ran my potted pepper plants outside for some sun.
Ninja Warrior was an obstacle course game show. I'm out of the loop too. Haven't had tv other than DVDs for almost 2 years now.

Pouncer 05-24-2015 09:48 PM

I can't stand the thought of Spanx. I have a few in my wardrobe. I used to shove myself into one of those like ground pork in a casing when I was 35 pounds heavier. It never helped.

Not drinking alcohol sure is a great way to lose weight.

gettingsmarter 05-24-2015 09:51 PM

Time to get some sleep. Everyone have a nice evening. Brynn it's ok now to pray that the rain stops now. The reservoirs around here are full.

saoutchik 05-24-2015 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Morning everyone Happy Holiday

Public holiday here in the UK too. Hopefully the weather will be better than yesterday .
Short street run this morning, nothing too strenuous

Lennox 05-25-2015 12:03 AM

Raining this part of the Uk �� however it's nice to be up early feeling fresh to even notice the weather. Last day of the long weekend....no anxiety, no withdrawals...feel fantastic! I am liking this sober stuff.

Hope everyone enjoys the last day of the long weekend!

Verte 05-25-2015 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pouncer (Post 5388564)
I can't stand the thought of Spanx. I have a few in my wardrobe. I used to shove myself into one of those like ground pork in a casing when I was 35 pounds heavier. It never helped.

After my girls were born, I had to wear seriously thick nude colored compression hose for awhile. I had to go to a black tie event and figured what the heck and wore a little black dress with full body shorts Spanx underneath. Along with my seriously thick compression hose I looked like I was ready for the Olympic Bobsledding or something. Not a single jiggle from head to toe.

Pouncer, Sorry you have been in a private trauma place but glad you were able to get help without drinking. Good to see you.

Good to see everyone.

Behan 05-25-2015 01:33 AM

Morning all,

The thread has continued apace overnight! So many funny and kind posts.

Glad you enjoyed wedding Della. I have been to one big social event sober so far. Well done for going and getting through.

Thanks for the pics Ruby and BigS.

Welcome back Pouncer.

After dinner, I watched a Norwegian film about a youth prison Island set in 1915. Great film, very sad. Based on a true story.

Still cloudy here this morning. Not sure what the day will bring.

B

mecanix 05-25-2015 02:20 AM

Hi Pouncer good to see you back and sober , sorry to hear about the trauma but i'm sure keeping sober means you'll be able to start processing it rather than stuffing it down where it festers and we don't learn how to deal with it & just end up annihilating ourselves .

I pronounce it coffee time !

:)

m

Weasel1966 05-25-2015 03:19 AM

Wow! Amazing show of support from all of you!

Hope everyone is doing ok this morning.

Really feels like vacation here. Tourist season is getting started but honestly does not hit stride until July 4th holiday. Of which I have another week off. Just sayin. :D

Thanks Dee for the flip!

Now... Sip my English breakfast tea and decide what will be the adventure du jour.

Nonsensical 05-25-2015 03:35 AM

Good Morning Sober Enders!

Happy Memorial Day to you! I need to clean my grill or we're going to have a major fire later. :)

Mark1014 05-25-2015 03:46 AM

Good morning gang. Well it's not even 6:00 and I've already learned something here (spanx). I had to look it up. The thought of it makes me feel claustrophobic.

Della, here in the south you'd be a steel magnolia. Facing that wedding for your friend was outstanding. Any other guests worth their salt know that and will respect you for it. A true milestone for you!

Della1968 05-25-2015 03:50 AM

Thank you.

saoutchik 05-25-2015 04:59 AM

Ha ha I had to look spanx up too FAD

Congratulations Lennox

Not raining in London but it's cloudy and not especially nice.

BernieE 05-25-2015 05:21 AM

Home from the cabin a day early as a steady rain had started and was predicted to last all day today. Have plenty to keep me busy here, starting with forums and coffee, a holiday yoga class, flowers to the cemetery, and lots of household chores. And maybe a matinee.

The weekend was a struggle. I ended up eating too much craptastic junk food. I've got to just sit with whatever feelings are driving me to act against my own intentions.

Spanx! I've only worn them twice, my childrens' weddings when I was all dressed up in fancy uncomfortable clothes and shoes. Didn't feel like myself.

Della, brave and bold step, facing that wedding. So proud of you!

Pouncer, wondered where you were. Glad you're staying strong.

Della1968 05-25-2015 05:27 AM

Bernie I went to see Age of Adeline and it was much better than I thought it would be. It's dreary here today as well. Maybe it will force me to put clothes away. I have no problem washing, drying or folding. I struggle with hanging them which then frustrates me because I am so neat. First world problem right there.

Ruby2 05-25-2015 05:28 AM

Good morning everyone. It's windy and cool. Cloudy and maybe rain later.

Saoutchik that's a narrow course to navigate. Looks like graffiti on the walls.

Verte, pork sausage in a little black dress. You have a way with words.

I think I'm going to a meeting. Although I feel like crawling back into bed.

I'll check back later. Chores still to do here but that can wait

Ruby2 05-25-2015 05:34 AM

Bernie, hang in there. I'm sorry you were struggling. Sitting there and processing the feelings is so uncomfortable. I've been told it gets easier so eating craptastic junk is only temporary. Hugs to you.

My the time my kids get married I'll be too old to care what I look like and I'll be the doddering old lady with lipstick drawn outside the lines.

Time to shower

ArtFriend 05-25-2015 05:44 AM

I was bitten by a fire ant last night. My finger looked like a sausage. This morning the swelling is down somewhat and there is a nice blister. And it is STILL f**king raining.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cries3:

trachemys 05-25-2015 05:56 AM

You almost have the whine right AF. Don't cuss the rain.