SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I could feel how proud she was of me today. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/367616-i-could-feel-how-proud-she-me-today.html)

RobbyRobot 05-19-2015 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by alphaomega (Post 5379526)
Today, I was able to show up. Bright eyes and a clear head. Shoulders back and chest out with immense pride for her acccomplishments. Head held high from my own.

As I walked past her table to light her candle welcoming her into the sisterhood, I could feel the love and pride she had that I belonged to her. The crowd of friends she was with, got teary eyed as well, as they too, know my story.

All of it.

Its a tradition at this school that if your mom is an alum, she will hand you your diploma at graduation.

That moment, will be the penultimate moment, of the final healing of my soul. I will most likely not be able to contain my emotion and have already advise the principal, who has become my dear friend, to have oxygen and a stretcher waiting in the wings for me lol.

Thanks for letting me share this. I'm really moved by all this.

XO AO

Beautiful accomplishment on so many levels across so many important lives. Alpha, you're such a wonderful example of how belief in one's self, and in our loved one's lives, can enable any of us to a more fulfilled life. :hug:

It is a real pleasure for me to see you so accomplished and above your personal trials and troubles. My dear friend, Thank You for being an enduring inspiration for me. :hug:

Pipping 05-20-2015 12:16 AM

Your post brought me to tears. I am very happy for you xx

alphaomega 05-22-2015 05:19 PM

Convocation.

Today we began the graduation festivities with the award ceremony that recognizes all the individual achievements of the students. I got to the auditorium early so I could spend some time in quiet reflection as I knew once family and friends started coming, I would be distracted from the serenity I absolutely had to channel today in order to not melt into a giant pile of mascara and Kleenex.

I remember the first time I sat in that aud, about 7 years old, with my sister during the fun fair. We watched Oh God with George Burns. The reels malfunctioned. Sigh. Typical of underfunded Catholic schools... :)

Memories flew through my head like that malfunctioning movie reel, choppy and staccato.

Much of high school I don't remember at all. It's as if it simply doesn't exist. Must be some sort of coping mechanism put in place by Mother Nature to remove some of the PTSD.

Try as I might, there are moments I can recall, but they are far and few between.

Tears rolled down with wild abandon. And I didn't even try to stop them. I knew they were making my in laws uncomfortable. Like my daughter likes to joke, "Mom, sometimes your level of emotionality and expressions of love makes people feel awkward." Lol.

Get used to it little sister. I'm done holding back. :)

Tomorrow is commencement.

If perhaps you think about it, maybe you all could send me some of that delicious SR warrior strength energy to hold me up at "the" moment ? It would be so very much appreciated.

I'm gonna make it after all....

XO AO

IfYouCanDream 05-22-2015 05:21 PM

Beautiful post Alpha. I'm so glad you're letting all those emotions out. It's your soul healing.

dwtbd 05-22-2015 07:45 PM

We were out planting flowers this afternoon and the wind picked up pretty good, now I know where the knitted beret came from :)
The psychic energy I'll send goes to those in the surrounding rows "that lady is just feelin it, no worries"
Enjoy, experience , react , you go , do you

RobbyRobot 05-22-2015 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by alphaomega (Post 5384623)
If perhaps you think about it, maybe you all could send me some of that delicious SR warrior strength energy to hold me up at "the" moment ? It would be so very much appreciated.

I'm gonna make it after all....

XO AO

Awesome SW warrior strength energy for commencement as good as sent and done. (((Alpha))), we're all so wildly proud of YOU. :hug:

OnMyWay7 05-22-2015 08:47 PM

What a great story

Dee74 05-22-2015 08:57 PM

Really late..but I'm glad I got to read this thread. Awesome stuff :)

D

Verte 05-22-2015 09:32 PM

SR warrior strength on its way for you. With big hugs. But it is ok AO. Your emotional expression reminds everyone that we are sentient beings. More hugs to you. I cannot wait until you fill us in on the day. Thanks for sharing, AO.

kittycat3 05-23-2015 05:00 AM

Congrats AO. What an amazing story and journey you've had! I'm thrilled for you and your daughter!