SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   YOU CAN stay sober this weekend!! May 7- until.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366586-you-can-stay-sober-weekend-may-7-until.html)

Freedom1982 05-07-2015 08:16 AM

Tomorrow night i am cooking the family a special meal. Something i havent done in ages.

I am planning to take my son to an air show on Saturday after doing a proper 30km mountain bike ride with some friends. I should be dead tired after that.

Sunday i am still working on a plan. Maybe catch up on some series.

LiberatedStorm 05-07-2015 08:16 AM

Count me in!

Ruby2 05-07-2015 08:30 AM

Why are you kicking Olive's butt? I must have missed something. Easy enough to do. My head is here, there and everywhere lately.

Mesa, your feet are far prettier than mine. Not fair.

BigS, what a dreamy view. I'm quite jealous. I get to see a busy street and a puddle for water.

Weas, the anti depressants could be just the thing to get your over the hump. I take them periodically. Currently not but I'm not averse to additional help. Better living through chemistry! Some German chemical company byline.

Brain, sounds like you had a great time last night. I'm reading a spring in your step:)

Noexcuse, good to see you back this weekend.

Behan, you will be celebrating mother's day in your own home soon enough.

Freedom, welcome to the trenches of sobriety. We substitute good humor for alcohol and prove to ourselves that laughter is sometimes the best medicine.

Incontrol15 05-07-2015 08:33 AM

Oh sweet. Looks like a nice bunch of people here on this bus. I've got a sweet window seat. Little tired of walking around wondering where to go next. I don't need to worry no. That's in the hands of our bus driver! Time to kick back and enjoy the scenery.

Wheels on the bus go round and round....

Sokar 05-07-2015 08:50 AM

I'm in. 6 days sober so this will be my first full weekend sober.

Summerrain 05-07-2015 08:53 AM

I'm in! Planning to entertain w no-alcohol at my house Friday night and stay busy through Mother's Day!

lanier 05-07-2015 09:02 AM

I'm in. This is day 1 so glad I saw this post.

Della1968 05-07-2015 09:42 AM

Welcome everyone!!!

Ruby2 05-07-2015 09:42 AM

Sokar, welcome!

Lanier, welcome to SR! And welcome to the thread. First post ever! Hang with us. You can do Day 1.

Summerrain, my absolutely favorite thing in summer. Sounds like you have some very nice plans

brynn 05-07-2015 09:51 AM

Good morning weekenders!

Rain rain go away come again another day.......I'm ready for a good hair day! :)

Weasel1966 05-07-2015 09:52 AM

Incontrol15!!
Sokar!!
lanier!!

Wow all under ten posts... so new and so welcome to join in our weekend fun.

This thread is here because for us weekends are a tough time. But as you hang out you will see that living sober does not have to be boring!

Glad you are here. Post all you want! Check in often as this is your first weekend.

Ken

KaleGrrl 05-07-2015 10:02 AM

I'm in, too! Expecting a lovely Mother's Day with my dd.

Behan 05-07-2015 10:04 AM

Hi all newcomers! Tis a wonderful bus!

Back from yet another horrid group viewing. Estate agents here try to book as many people to see a place as possible then charge an extortionate fee to all applicants! Its a scam amd makes me mad!!! :c004:

However, myself and Mrs B stumbled upon a quaint, slightly delapited bunglow, with an open fire and huge garden. Space to grow our own veg and herbs. It's also close to the sea. Think we will go for that! Will mean a big commute for me. It has crazy carpet from the 1970's! Looks like we will be moving next month. How exciting!

B

Soberwolf 05-07-2015 10:10 AM

My brisket is almost ready its been on since 9am its now 6pm

Have a nice evening everyone

saoutchik 05-07-2015 10:34 AM

In

Good to see so many new faces

BigSomb's that photo is amazing

Hope the AD's do the trick Weeze

LBrain 05-07-2015 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Most americans have no idea what 'shag' means. I wonder how 'shag' carpet got its name. ????????????? hmmm, I'd say if I had to, that would be the carpet, no rug burns...

It's a gorgeous day here. Wife is doing laundry and I'm doing kitchen and garden, have a steak to grill and we are meeting peeps for dinner at 8P. Should be able to pull off a quick nystrip for an afternoon snack.
I dropped off her pin at 'college' and instructions on how to pronounce our name. Amazing how people cannot figure out something so simple. We gave up trying to teach people how to say her name. So we just accept the american version.

If there was one thing worse than shag carpet, it was shag carpet in the bathroom. That's one mystery that will go down in the annals of modern history under the category of 'WTF were they thinking?'

A decorating tip :)

Ruby2 05-07-2015 10:56 AM

Behan, crossing fingers on the move. Hate 70s carpet. Absolutely nothing good about it.

SW, brisket sounds good. Must be melt in your mouth by now.

Eating lunch. Quiet time.

Ruby2 05-07-2015 10:59 AM

Brain, thanks for the blast from the past. I know, carpet in the bathroom?? I have a little boy with bad aim. Nuf said. We have ceramic tile.

Trees39 05-07-2015 11:24 AM

I'm in... Day 84 for me. Unbelievable.

saoutchik 05-07-2015 12:09 PM

I backed a race horse called Dusty Carpet...