SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   YOU CAN stay sober this weekend!! May 7- until.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366586-you-can-stay-sober-weekend-may-7-until.html)

newpage119 05-10-2015 05:44 AM

Happy Mother's day all!
Rainy here, watering my grass seed.... :)

Found this site, and made me smile! Great attitude!

12 Fabulous Things About Sobriety. ? HIP SOBRIETY
I love this quote:

"You're like the Vegan of Liquor. Don't identify as an addict that can never drink again. That's sad and the old way. Identify as a non-drinker. That's way more hip, chic, and modern. And don't hide it. Say it like you own it. "Oh, no thank you, I am a non-drinker." Because you are. You are CHOOSING not to drink. Vegans don't run around complaining that they can't have meat. They're proud and cheeky and superior. Be as obnoxious as the vegans are about their restraint (just don't act superior or think you are, okay?)."

happyandfree 05-10-2015 05:44 AM

Good morning eveyone. Happy mother's day!
Coffee and a blueberry muffin in bed for this momma. Gonna hang out for a while, no rush to do anything. Kids sent me beautiful roses...I wish we lived closer. Maybe some day.

Della1968 05-10-2015 05:59 AM

I like that newpage....I can be cheeky without actually becoming vegan...cuz we all know that would never happen.

newpage119 05-10-2015 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Della1968 (Post 5363614)
I like that newpage....I can be cheeky without actually becoming vegan...cuz we all know that would never happen.

NOT on the BACON thread...... :)

Summerrain 05-10-2015 06:14 AM

This will help me when AV comes knocking! Thanks!

"You're like the Vegan of Liquor. Don't identify as an addict that can never drink again. That's sad and the old way. Identify as a non-drinker. That's way more hip, chic, and modern. And don't hide it. Say it like you own it. "Oh, no thank you, I am a non-drinker." Because you are. You are CHOOSING not to drink. Vegans don't run around complaining that they can't have meat. They're proud and cheeky and superior. Be as obnoxious as the vegans are about their restraint (just don't act superior or think you are, okay?)."[/QUOTE]

Summerrain 05-10-2015 06:16 AM

Happy Mothers Day!

Clearly I don't know how to "Quote" a post oh well.

Day 5 and loving it. WEIRD dreams but that's a sign of progress from what I've read. Loving our non-drinking party bus!

LBrain 05-10-2015 06:40 AM

good find on that FREE tune ZAB, Andy Fraser was just a teen playing bass there. He passed a couple months ago. Paul Rodgers, one of my favorite singers ever.
As I was getting coffee ready I noticed - realized it needs to be done - the garden window has to be cleaned. And all of the outside windows. Clean windows present a happy outlook - get it, outlook? - on life.
Yes, Homey Does Do That! Have a great Sunday.

There was a live version but the sound was so so.

saoutchik 05-10-2015 07:12 AM

Happy Mothers Day to all you mums (I should say moms shouldn't I) on yor side of the Atlantic.

Bernie -Arnold Palmers, usually abbreviated to Arnolds, is old skool cockerknee rhyming slang for farmers (circa Dick van Dyke era)

Went to Trade Fair, met some really interesting people, hope something comes of it as we Saoutchik don't give our Sunday mornings for nothing.

My boss said he is considering branching out into installing plasma screens for advertising - something I know nothing about. More work no doubt. At least he paid for lunch "your still not drinking then?" Got that right

MesaMan 05-10-2015 07:18 AM

According to my 'BBQ-O-Meter', we got about 4" piled up on it from last night. I scooted around late yesterday and opened a few trick Valves I designed in to enable easy draining of the Yard Sprinklers. It was supposed to hit 30 F Degrees last night, so better safe than sorry. It's already getting a little brighter outside, with P/C Skies forecast starting later today. As seen below, the 'warm' Streets caused some melting already. Typical Spring contrast here in the Rocky Mountains.

I still look like a Burn Victim outta some Horror Movie as this Chemo Cream 'Fluorouracil' does some magic on the Caucasian Crusties I've accumulated from past SoCal Beach exposure. A Sober Pal from the Dog Park used this same Skin stuff; bought sans decent Insurance. I was taken aback to pay >$200- for a small Tube of this stuff. He paid $800- for the same Tube of it. Yowzaire!

So, cue some optimistic Summer Music below with Mandolin goin'...

- 'Summer Breeze' ~ Seals & Crofts -

http://i59.tinypic.com/1z371hu.jpg
-

Ruby2 05-10-2015 07:21 AM

Yay saoutchik! I can see the rumbly question " still not drinking? "

Della, I don't think I'm on the vegan train either. Though I eat mainly non meat stuff. Just a different mind set.

I'm back from my meeting and I'm glad I went. Sunday mornings are usually casual. Discussion meeting. It struck me today how disparate a group it is but how important we all are to each other. One guy has 16 months and was saying he has been having a rough time this weekend but then said he didn't take his meds last week and was getting angry at stuff. After the meeting we encouraged him to take his meds regularly. It's that kind of stuff we do for each other.

I'm resting on the couch and will have my eyes closed soon as I post. Happy day everyone!

gettingsmarter 05-10-2015 07:25 AM

Happy sober mothers day morning. Nice big thunderstorm where I am. I love thunder, huge thunder.

Solarion 05-10-2015 07:27 AM

Good morning!

I have also come down with some kind of cold virus, but luckily not man-flu.

No big plans today, just chess, reading and movies. Maybe a bookstore trip if I stop feeling contagious. Will call my Mom, of course, when the time zones align.

Happy Mothers' Day to Moms and Grandmas! Without mothers, where would we be right now?

Nice find, Newpage119! I have bookmarked that site/link.

Originally Posted by newpage119 (Post 5363584)

Found this site, and made me smile! Great attitude!

12 Fabulous Things About Sobriety. ? HIP SOBRIETY
I love this quote:

"You're like the Vegan of Liquor. Don't identify as an addict that can never drink again. That's sad and the old way. Identify as a non-drinker. That's way more hip, chic, and modern. And don't hide it. Say it like you own it. "Oh, no thank you, I am a non-drinker." Because you are. You are CHOOSING not to drink. Vegans don't run around complaining that they can't have meat. They're proud and cheeky and superior. Be as obnoxious as the vegans are about their restraint (just don't act superior or think you are, okay?)."

JD4010 05-10-2015 07:28 AM

Made it through Friday and Saturday sober! Yay!

As a result, I feel so much better today.

Freedom1982 05-10-2015 07:29 AM

Made it through weekend 1. Went to an air show. Started playing one of my old favourite PC games (sim city).
Went for a mountain bike ride with my son this morning and cooked a fabulous lunch for my wife.

I forgot how much time and energy you have when you stay sober. Actually feels like i have had a weekend.

Feeling great. Going to go all the way this time round.

gettingsmarter 05-10-2015 07:43 AM

Caution, if anyone posts anything about B@c0n used in any fashion in their post, I have been advised by my potbelly pig not to click the thanks button. :react

Nonsensical 05-10-2015 07:50 AM

https://scontent-1.2914.fna.fbcdn.ne...88&oe=55DC1C8F

gettingsmarter 05-10-2015 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Freedom1982 (Post 5363763)
Made it through weekend 1. Went to an air show. Started playing one of my old favourite PC games (sim city).
Went for a mountain bike ride with my son this morning and cooked a fabulous lunch for my wife.

I forgot how much time and energy you have when you stay sober. Actually feels like i have had a weekend.

Feeling great. Going to go all the way this time round.

Freedom I feel like a champ Sundays now.
Before , Sundays were drunken anxiety fests. I'd feel so sorry for myself that I was going to have to wake up Monday and actually do something.

Keep it up.

Soberwolf 05-10-2015 08:12 AM

Love the rabbit Mesa

Weasel1966 05-10-2015 08:28 AM

In town at a tourist spot. Darn lobster roll is 17 bucks. But oh so tasty!!!

Della1968 05-10-2015 08:36 AM

We have them here for $14 but I am quite certain not as fresh as yours!