SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Can you hear it – Weekender Thread - Sept 12 -14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/344731-can-you-hear-weekender-thread-sept-12-14-a.html)

closetlobster 09-12-2014 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by melki (Post 4895567)
I'm positive you can't have too much positivity!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
(you'all are lucky this forum limits images or you'd see many more happy bananas)

I count five happy bananas...No more, no less.

Is it possible to save up happy bananas and have a blowout in one post?

MesaMan 09-12-2014 07:27 PM

Film Friday

Tetra ~

Read here about the actual Island that was a pivotal part of 'Skyfall'. Build a small City. Sink vertical Shafts. Mine Coal from under the Ocean. Abandon the place when Coal prices tank. Mind boggling to me. The actual Shots were digitally enhanced. The Interior Courtyard Shots were a 3 Story Set in the U.K. with additional Stories added digitally. But, my kinda Digital. Not overkill. Believable.

Gunkanjima ~ Japan's Abandoned Ghost Island

We've bopped around Ireland on Biz and Holidays. Hard to beat 'Roan Inish' for spectacular Scenery, and a very engaging Story Line.

'Roan Inish' ~ IMDB

Music Video Link

'Exile' ~ Enya

Welcome, and Peace to all Newcomers. And Regs...

-----

Altoids 09-12-2014 08:03 PM

Hey gang. . . I'm here. A tad later than normal, but I wouldn't miss the weekender bus for nuttin'!!!

countrygirl2014 09-12-2014 08:23 PM

I made it through work and am safely home and sober! I work in a bar. Thankfully I got the call I needed today and have a second interview next week for my regular work, commercial fire alarm installs! It's a sign!! Get me out of this toxic atmosphere! Reading a book now, having some milk and going to bed. Goodnight and I am grateful for this thread

Ruby2 09-12-2014 08:39 PM

Whoa, teach me to check in late! Gilmer, it only took fifty minutes to get home today which is far better than two hours! Thanks for your positive vibes. But I'm burning out on this and snow hasn't started to fly yet.

Which brings me to BigS. Bring a warm jacket or raincoat and umbrella. It's 42 and raining and isn't likely to get much warmer this weekend. I'm bummed because I thought we might get some warmth to go dip toes in the lake for one last time but no such luck.

Lola, I feel for you. I had the prep work for a crown done on Wednesday. Now I have a temporary crown in place. I almost never eat chewy, sticky candy but now that I am not supposed to eat it, I want it.

Work was not too bad but I'm just getting burned out. Everyone else is doing their own thing on here, or working at a new place. I have to get my resume, CV, whatever you want to call it, in order.

Tetra, lovely photo. Everyone's photos are nice.

I'm glad to see all the new people on the thread. Welcome to the weekend madness. Post if you need to vent (like I do) or just to hang out and share what you're doing.

And now I'm going to get some ice cream. I have one kid tonight. My mom was watching both so I could attend my Friday beginners AA meeting but my daughter wanted to come home. She is the easier to get in bed. Peace and quiet.

Verte 09-12-2014 08:42 PM

Weekender Thread News: Thursday, September 11th, 11:27am EST USA

Close But No Cigar: LBrain Maneuvers for Soberbus Shotgun Once Again. Loses.

GET BACK! GET BACK! Me first...

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4b8d975e.jpg

*no offense intended whatsoever to those using automated scooters.

:grouphug:

Ruby2 09-12-2014 08:55 PM

By the way Brain, Ruby only drinks decaf in the morning. Almost no one meeting me would think that I'm as tightly wound up as I am. I appear very calm in demeanor.

restlessanon 09-12-2014 09:12 PM

Hey Guys,
First weekend on the bus guys. Exhausted this weekend which is a worry for me.
Hitting the couch.

roguedreams 09-12-2014 11:05 PM

I am throwing a little pity party tantrum over in this corner of the bus.

"Poor sober you," she (my AV, basically) says. "Poor you, you could be drinking and making boocoo bucks at work tonight, but instead you're lonely and at home alone. And the only reason you're depressed and sad and miserable is because YOU CHOSE NOT TO! You fool! How dare you!"

I suppose it's hardest when the newness of sobriety wears off and yet the long-term benefits have yet to show themselves. I'm just in this grey no-mans-land.

But it does feel better to put those silly thoughts in black and white. Phooey.

SnowDawg 09-13-2014 12:00 AM

Ring ring everyone! Looking for the Northern Lights here in Montana but none showing. Yet anyway. They are predicting a good show. In the crisp 30's here. Love it!
Hope I didn't wake anyone on the bus :)

mecanix 09-13-2014 12:46 AM

Hey SnowDog ,
The northern lights , WoW .. I very nearly went on the train for 5 hours today to stay the night in Edinburgh just to see if i could see them tonight … Hmm Mex-m8 has a christening to attend tomorrow tho so i'm going to stay home and conserve my energies for work next week .
I'll end up sneaking off to Iceland soon if this continues because i want to go to the blue lagoon and see the northern lights :)

Hey ForgetfulKevin ,
Errrk don't blame me he he he … ;) the way i think about it is that unless we do something we will never know … i didn't know about sobriety for instance so i had to do it fully to find out and give it a decent go ..

certainly for me , the more irons i put in the fire the more chance of finding something interesting to do seems to happen . There are so many good things and interesting things to do in this world the hardest thing is trying to discriminate and put enough time aside to rest ..

Hey everyone ,
sober saturday morning , a pile of paperwork to do this morning . Going to sit down with a coffee and work my way through it .. it all looks a bit unmanageable from sitting here in bed but i'm sure as long as i do a bit at a time i'll see some progress .

Top of the morning to you , m

Mags1 09-13-2014 12:56 AM

Hiya all, we should be getting some northern lights here in north of England, or did I dream it, huh.

Oldselfagain 09-13-2014 01:16 AM

Good morning sober weekenders! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I stayed in last night and caught up on Ray Donovan. Wicked show! I'm off to the gym shortly. Catch you guys later.

petals 09-13-2014 01:24 AM

Made it through the Friday night
Now got busy day sorting stuff out for daughter who is going to university tomorrow :(
. .... all alone as hubby refusing to support her or me........gosh he's an annoying ........
Av screaming at me daily again. ....pls shut up and leave me alone. ...im stressed out enough without you nagging me. Will check in often to keep my focus. Xx

Weasel1966 09-13-2014 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte (Post 4895759)
Weekender Thread News: Thursday, September 11th, 11:27am EST USA

Close But No Cigar: LBrain Maneuvers for Soberbus Shotgun Once Again. Loses.

GET BACK! GET BACK! Me first...

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4b8d975e.jpg

*no offense intended whatsoever to those using automated scooters.

:grouphug:

Awesome to get a belly laugh first thing in the morning!!!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao

bellaboos 09-13-2014 01:31 AM

Northern lights? In England? Whaaaaat! It's on my bucket list and I'm thinking I've just slept through it? I hope we'll see photos on here :gaah
This threads going to keep me going this weekend
Stay strong peeps

Weasel1966 09-13-2014 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by restlessanon (Post 4895782)
Hey Guys,
First weekend on the bus guys. Exhausted this weekend which is a worry for me.
Hitting the couch.

Welcome aboard restless! Welcome to SR!

Mags1 09-13-2014 01:36 AM

Hiya petals, the av does get quieter but unfortunately hubbies don't usually, lol.

Hang in there girl, it's worth the ride, honest.

Weasel1966 09-13-2014 01:42 AM

Welcome BellaB!

Hi Mags!

I used to have a beautiful log home out in the middle of god's country here in Maine. My driveway was almost a half mile long. Loved it. I would go sit in the open field and watch the stars at night. Caught a bit of a meteor shower one time. It's captivating to see. Northern lights would be on my bucket list but my bucket list has one item at the moment.... To make a bucket list. Hmmmm....

Up super early. I feel rested. So I got up. My old cat Henry just stink bombed the house. He is getting bad in old age but since he is diabetic I will cut him slack. But ugggghhhhh.

Crisp morning to get out to the gym. It's a 24 hour gym so I think I will head out in a few.

Great pictures... Love the conversations. mecanix has me thinking slow roasted pork today. A good Boston Butt!!!!

K

Mags1 09-13-2014 01:48 AM

Hi weasel,and Bellaboos

Gotta get me to the market soon and get my lazy bottom off the chair.lol.

Their was some northern lights on the news, bellaboos, but I missed them in reality, I kept waking up and looking out at the sky but nope, not in my neck of the woods.

Happy Saturday to all, see you all later. Lol I'm becoming a bit of American, Australian, Spanish, Latino, french from all your guys accents. Wow. See ya'll.lol.