SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Can you hear it – Weekender Thread - Sept 12 -14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/344731-can-you-hear-weekender-thread-sept-12-14-a.html)

bigsombrero 09-14-2014 05:42 PM

I hear you LBrain - as time goes on, many of my flashbacks provide more relief than regret. I think we often feel so sorry for ourselves about the loss of booze from our lives, that we decline to recognize that we are the LUCKY ones. We are still here. We have another chance. Most of us can still walk, talk, think, work, play, and laugh. Just look at all the neat things everyone is doing this weekend as proof.

Think of how many people who have chosen to drive under the influence - just once - who have had their lives changed forever. Not to mention all the other possible alcohol-related injuries that happen when people play crazy "games" on cliffs, bridges, or near bodies of water. The fact that we will all wake up sober tomorrow, with able bodies and minds, is a blessing in itself! Let's not take that for granted.

Nonsensical 09-14-2014 06:13 PM

Dang, I pretty much missed this whole thread this weekend. I'll miss it next weekend, too, as I am going camping.

To make up for my absence I'll leave you with this corny joke:

Q. What do you call a lobster with implants waiting at the dirty Greyhound terminal?

A. A busty crustacean at a crusty bus station.

:lmao

Keep it sober. You can do this.

Olive1 09-14-2014 07:08 PM

Non. :lmao

Well, the weekend is coming to a close. Got some cleaning done around the house, which was nice.
I think it would be wise for me to check the squirrel report in the Farmers Almanac before I take the dog for another mid-September evening walk. They were everywhere! And that is pretty much the only thing that drives my dog
c-c-c-c-crazy!!!! We made it back and no squirrel was harmed in the process, but it was quite the walk.

Well, time to get ready for the upcoming week. Can't say I am looking forward to it, but then, can't say I am dreading it either. It is what it is. ;)
I have hopes that I will get up to speed on the new job and then my stress levels should go down.

Hope everyone is having a fine Sunday evening!
:)

Ruby2 09-14-2014 08:06 PM

Weekend is almost done. Took the kids to the carnival this afternoon and had fun. Ran into a lot of people we knew. I rode the rides with the kids. Lots of people wandering around with beer. That didn't tempt me. They all looked like they were carrying around giant urine samples.

Went Grocery shopping. Talked to my mom and briefly spoke to my dad. They may or may not do an angiogram tomorrow. He has to wait on the cardiologist. Some guy came and read all the stored data in the defibrillator which stored at least thirty hours. Pretty cool. Really. It gave a reading of everything that happened. So, he actually had very good readings. So, he may or may not be getting out tomorrow. I should have gone to visit but my mom said not to.

Back to work tomorrow. Yuck. Tetra, good job on the walk. And talking to strangers. :). Brain, I'm glad you changed to the skull. I hate clowns. Well, hate is such a strong word. I really don't like clowns very much at all. Charlee, bring batteries to the lake. It sounds cool.

BigS, chili sounds tasty. I love it. I only wish my family did.

Time to relax. See you all later. Thank you so much for the thoughts and wishes for my dad.

roguedreams 09-14-2014 08:26 PM

I just have to thank everybody on this thread for all the laughs and wisdom and spice provided this weekend. It's the first weekender thread I've actively subscribed to and followed, and I couldn't be more grateful! I came back tonight to catch up and all the whimsical posts and thoughtful ramblings and milestones and just - slices of life - really helped me get out of my pity-party funk.

So, thank you, thank you everyone.

To add a little sap, I'll see your Jim Croce and raise you a Carole King ;)

Olive1 09-14-2014 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 4899142)
They all looked like they were carrying around giant urine samples.

This is the second time you have made me laugh water out of my nose today!
;)

MesaMan 09-14-2014 09:14 PM

Urine In The Picture

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, they were carrying around giant Urine Samples. It was just the 'Front End' of the Process of creating said Samples.

I got the Jones to go 'Boondock' Camping down around Lake Powell. Missus Mesa was on a Cruise Ship with a Neighbor Gal, and her Son and Male Partner. A last minute Invite to sail the Caribbean. We do such separate lil Soirees fairly often.

Well, to get this Pic right, around where John Ford filmed John Wayne Westerns in S.E. Utah/Monument Valley, took a lil doing.

Truckers want to keep moving. SOOOO, they half fill [or more] a Liter Bottle with THAT bodily liquid, and toss it out. It's become a real problem for Road Workers.

Case-in-point, I didn't want to zoom in too far to miss some of these ancient Volcanic Artifacts. I had to balance zooming in against walking forward. You see, there was such a half-filled Bottle RIGHT in front of me, and I didn't want it in the Pic. Obviously.

I think this is first time I had to wrestle with that Pic Composition 'conundrum'.

And, on that note...

-----

countrygirl2014 09-15-2014 03:30 AM

I made it! Played baseball with my daughter yesterday. Usually I would be sitting in a chair drinking and smoking telling her to go find something to do. I loved this weekend! One week down and starting to feel better

Ruby2 09-15-2014 04:20 AM

Yay CountryGirl and RogueDreams! That's terrific.

Well, time for the week to begin. It was fun this weekend. Let's do it again:)

Weasel1966 09-15-2014 04:37 AM

I second Ruby's comment "Yay CountryGirl and RogueDreams! That's terrific"!!!!!!

And all who joined in with a post or joined by lurking... Congrats.

It's not inevitable that any of us stays sober each weekend as we gather here. None of us takes for granted what we have. What we share in common. We certainly do make a stronger stand for what we want when we work together.

Not sure why but this weekend seemed to have a fire about it. Maybe the cooler weather zapped some energy into us. Maybe the fact that imperfectlyMe joined in again.... Hmmmm...

Let's carry that positive energy into all our weeks.

See you here next Thursday somewhere around noon EST. Cannot say for sure since the shotgun seats are limited. Lol

Thank you!!!!

Ken

ImperfectlyMe 09-15-2014 05:41 AM

Weasel made my day!!!!
:sparkler

LBrain 09-15-2014 06:23 AM

well, great thread. Ruby, I was thinking the same as MM - it's unprocessed urine they were carrying around. Remember that scene in Semi-Tough with Burt Reynolds - using a 'Motorman's Friend'. Or get you something called a 'stadium pal'.

MM - I took a photo a couple years ago in MV that is very similar to yours. That was one of our 'side trips' on the way to Mesa Verde from Lake Powell.
My rest day yesterday seemed to help - just a little. Back pain is starting to move around. To think it was almost 95 F last week and in got in the 40's last couple nites. 45 degree temp swing in less than week.

I second what weasel sez - good to see new faces along with season ticket holders on the bus and glad everyone had a good weekend. Happy Monday.

Altoids 09-15-2014 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Olive1 (Post 4898249)

Postcard intermission!
This one is from Altoids!
Love it! Thank you!!!

You're welcome. I keep an eye out now for really good ones for you now.