SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Can you hear it – Weekender Thread - Sept 12 -14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/344731-can-you-hear-weekender-thread-sept-12-14-a.html)

Fandy 09-11-2014 04:39 PM

Amityville Long Island, NY I (the origin of the Amityville Horror movie and book) is still quite popular with Chinese tourists. I think it's a block from the beach.

I am off tomorrow, and painting my fireplace wall and mantle.

trachemys 09-11-2014 04:47 PM

Y'all started without me? Just 'cause I had to work today? I'm so verklempt!

Brain, you're doing great with the music!

Weasel1966 09-11-2014 04:49 PM

Welcome aboard Jeremiah! And welcome to SR! We are a fun lot of weekenders!

Fandy... The only thing I hate more than painting is painting. :)

trachemys 09-11-2014 04:51 PM

Uh, you may have to hold up the fort tomorrow as I have another tournament in the morning.

I'm just gonna throw some more out there

Man does West look like someone spiked his coffee?

trachemys 09-11-2014 05:16 PM

One of the reasons I dropped guitar.

You wake up, wander onto the stage for a sound check and...

trachemys 09-11-2014 06:28 PM

Then again, there's the odd duets...

melki 09-11-2014 06:35 PM

I'm in. I can hear it! :D

trachemys 09-11-2014 06:53 PM

Sometimes, what you find can stun

This is stunning.

Chuck Berry schooling Keith Richards

Bear with it, it takes a while to get to the good part.

Ruby2 09-11-2014 06:59 PM

I'm in. I'm sulking. It took me two hours to get home. My emotions ran from annoyance to full blown rage, to crying. Those seedy taverns I passed along the way looked so inviting. The hole in the wall dives I always saw before on my obscure side street treks across the city to avoid accident generated traffic on my usual route. I thought I'd like to see inside one day but never did. And didn't this time either but dang. Rage really is a trigger for me. But then I figure the pain of drinking will be more than the temporary pain suffered by being stuck in the car for two hours to travel about twenty miles.

Anyway, not to be a downer on such a lively thread but I'm still recuperating. Then I get to drive again tomorrow. In Friday rush hour traffic. I used to be able to avoid that by taking the train in on Fridays but I started at a new job site this past Monday and the train is no longer an option.

Anyway, the kitchen project has been on hiatus during the week. My husband put the drawers in the pantry cupboard yesterday and I put stuff into it this evening. This weekend I may work on buying a dishwasher and figuring out whether to change the flooring. Tonight I'm going to eat some ice cream, call or email a friend whose birthday is today and then maybe take a bath. I will probably check back. Good to see everyone! Welcome to the new people! I'm not usually a lunatic.

Ruby2 09-11-2014 07:01 PM

My mood is better. I just noticed my Martha Stewart magazine came today and it has Halloween stuff this month. What could be better than pumpkins and owls?

larrylive 09-11-2014 07:04 PM

Day late and a dollar short, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

http://youtu.be/19QCzwafsm8

MesaMan 09-11-2014 07:18 PM

Psychic Music Selection

1 Attachment(s)
Well, Dayum! I'd thought of The Who and Mountain's Song already put up today. Kinda uncanny, eh?

Here's a smoker from Oz. An interesting Time Signature.

Video Music Link

'Stompin' Ground' ~ Warumpi Band

Here's Sunset at our W. Colorado Ranchette. Pretty rainy around here recently, but clearing out tomorrow. Trimmed a big Tree yesterday at our City House, here, and recycled all the Trimmins. Any day I don't fall 20' off a Ladder is a good day.

------

trachemys 09-11-2014 07:30 PM

Fantastic picture. The song weren't bad either.

Verte 09-11-2014 07:32 PM

Happy to be here!

:grouphug:

melki 09-11-2014 07:39 PM

Ruby2, here's to a better commute tomorrow! And a pleasantly busy weekend. :bigok: My new job and commute leave me exhausted every night now too.

Ruby2 09-11-2014 07:52 PM

Nice picture MM. I took some pics on my camera yesterday but nothing as spectacular. It is autumn cool here. It was sixty degrees all day. Supposed to be this cool for the weekend.

Maybe I should start thinking of puppies and kitties and babies. I'm watching a documentary about 9/11. I'm going to change the channel. I know I won't forget that day. But it is good to remember.

melki 09-11-2014 07:54 PM

Ruby2, I think the kindest thing we can do to ourselves is go to bed. On 1-2-3? Race 'ya?

Ruby2 09-11-2014 08:12 PM

Thanks Melki! The first smile I've had in hours. I'm eating my daily dose of ice cream and will follow your suggestion of bed. You win that race. Have a good commute and day tomorrow. :)

happyandfree 09-11-2014 08:20 PM

Wow, it looks like the weekend is half over by the length of this thread already. Pretty amazing. I'm in for a good, sober weekend. Got some fun stuff planned so I will be able to avoid boredom. I'll be a regular on this site. Yay for the weekend! :)

Panacea 09-11-2014 08:35 PM

Please sign me up for a seat! I have an umbrella if anyone needs it during our trip. It is pouring here!

Tx Pan